Battlestar Galactica music video

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Err...I think we are a bit off topic by now...maybe wrong section at the least.

Can we just get back to enjoy TOS or nBSG music video in peace?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I don't think everyone in nBSG is an asshole- having seen the whole show rather than a handful of episodes (where one is sure to form such an impression)- nearly everyone on the show (with the "good guys", at any rate) is an inherently good person, irrespective of mistakes they've made in the past.

It's a fantasic damn show and it definitiely delivers what I'm looking for, entertainment wise.
And that video fucking kicks ass. Galactica and Pegasus kicking ass and taking names the whole time.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Spyder wrote:Not only that but characters are suddenly being held accountable for their actions. No more third options, no more resets and time travel.
AMEN

I loved Adama's speech in Season 1 when Tyrol tried to take the rap after a deckhand took the fall for him.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

The drunk, stupid police chief (Tigh)
You mean the drunk, competent XO? :D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Does Tigh ever do anything but drink, be emo, and scowl? Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but that's pretty much all I've ever seen him do. Is that High Drama? :)
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stark wrote:Does Tigh ever do anything but drink, be emo, and scowl? Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but that's pretty much all I've ever seen him do. Is that High Drama? :)
He's ordered suicide bombings, the venting of 84 crew members into space; put the entire civilian government into the brig, executed people for collaboration with the Cylons via tossing them out of a launch bay, etc.

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

That doesn't answer the question, Shep. But nevermind. I think I'll go make a 'Do people who like nBSG like Law and Order etc' poll. :)
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Stark wrote:That doesn't answer the question, Shep.
Yes it does- everything Shep just said doesn't fall under your three categories :P
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Rubbish. I've seen the show: he's emo/drunk all over the place while doing other stuff, like being a hardass. All that whining and being emo isn't very manly. I actually thought the spacing was weak, since it'd be standard to vent in such situations.

Was it you or Dalton who likes Law and Order? I'm working on an 'enjoys preachy stuff' theory on nBSG. :)
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Stark wrote:Rubbish. I've seen the show: he's emo/drunk all over the place while doing other stuff, like being a hardass. All that whining and being emo isn't very manly. I actually thought the spacing was weak, since it'd be standard to vent in such situations.

Was it you or Dalton who likes Law and Order? I'm working on an 'enjoys preachy stuff' theory on nBSG. :)
The only time he was ever really emo was after he was forced to kill his own wife because he's such a hardcore BMF. His manliness was just too powerful, you see. Plus, now he's a pirate. :P
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I can't say I've seen many emos order suicide bombings.

:D
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Our emo tolerances must be different: his angst levels are just too high for me to take him seriously. Then again, the same is true for most of the rest of the 'forced edgy' cast with their laughable personal problems. Anyway, I'm just being off topic. :P
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'll take angsty XOs over farty aliens, Stark. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

By the way, what theme music could fit in nBSG well? I've seen too many music video with music that does not suit the show?

Halo main theme is the only I could think of...
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

ray245 wrote:By the way, what theme music could fit in nBSG well? I've seen too many music video with music that does not suit the show?

Halo main theme is the only I could think of...
nBSG has theme music, heathen infidel.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Stark wrote:Rubbish. I've seen the show: he's emo/drunk all over the place while doing other stuff, like being a hardass.
He's not emo. Drunk, yes, but not all the time.
All that whining and being emo isn't very manly. I actually thought the spacing was weak, since it'd be standard to vent in such situations.

I'll watch Law and Order if it's on telly and I happen to be in front of the telly, but otherwise, no :)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Vympel wrote:He's not emo. Drunk, yes, but not all the time.
Must be luck of the draw, then. Or maybe it's interference for everyone else's emo pretention? :)
I'll watch Law and Order if it's on telly and I happen to be in front of the telly, but otherwise, no :)
Dammit! Another awesome theory shot down by science! :)
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Stofsk wrote:Uh... what's your definition of campiness?
In relation to nBSG, campiness would refer to making Starbuck female but retaining every male quality the old Starbuck had, but without the humor and charm of that character. Its like a bad SNL skit.
MKSheppard wrote:I believe we need to have a nice sitdown and comparison between Colonel Tigh and Colonel Tigh with Wayne.
Oh, you mean the black ship commander who was stoic and competent in his job, vs the white guy who is a pitiful drunk and "rises to the occasion" at the last moment and makes heroic decisions, only to crawl back into the bottle afterwards?
Or between Commander Adama and Admiral Adama....
Yeah, Commander Adama had a computer with speech to text capability to keep his logs, while I suppose Admiral Adama uses a chisel and stone to keep his. You know, to keep that "low-tech" motif going? How many more seasons will it take before Admiral Adama completely morphs into ass-kicking Lt. Castillo from "Miami Vice"I wonder?
Hell, I can go on and on; look at Baltar from oBSG; he was right away a traitor to the entire human race with his MUWHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA "i'm so evil" schtick for no reason at all.
You mean no reason other than the promise of a position of power with the Cylons?
Gaius Baltar from nBSG isn't the evil villian right away; it's his own actions which damn him beyond redemption as the series goes on, which is far superior.
Yeah, it must be nice for the audiences to watch a mewling crybaby suffer through LSD-like daydreams...
ray245 wrote:Err...I think we are a bit off topic by now...maybe wrong section at the least. Can we just get back to enjoy TOS or nBSG music video in peace?
Shut the fuck up. We're still on topic; oBSG vs nBSG, which is what the music video in the OP is about.
Stark wrote:Does Tigh ever do anything but drink, be emo, and scowl? Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but that's pretty much all I've ever seen him do. Is that High Drama? :)
Looks like I HAVEN'T missed a damned thing after the mini series and first two episodes...

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lord Poe wrote:Oh, you mean the black ship commander who was stoic and competent in his job
Did he ever sacrifice 84 men and women to save the ship by venting their compartments to space? That's in the mini, by the way.
vs the white guy who is a pitiful drunk
He actually broke his habit early in season 1, and then Ellen showed up.....
and "rises to the occasion" at the last moment and makes heroic decisions
Except he keeps making heroic decisions over and over.
only to crawl back into the bottle afterwards?
So your beef is that Tigh isn't the shining defect-free version from the Campy Original show?
You know, to keep that "low-tech" motif going?
Wow, looks so goddamn low tech, Wayne
How many more seasons will it take before Admiral Adama completely morphs into ass-kicking Lt. Castillo from "Miami Vice" I
wonder?
Already happened and then over with. The 'Stache will be back however when humanity is in mortal peril once more!
You mean no reason other than the promise of a position of power with the Cylons?
"MUHAHAHAHAHHA, I'M SO EVIL! MUHAHAHAHHAHAHA!"
Yeah, it must be nice for the audiences to watch a mewling crybaby suffer through LSD-like daydreams...
No, it's interesting to see him damn himself ever further whenever he's given a chance to do the right thing; he does the thing that's best for Gaius Baltar.
Looks like I HAVEN'T missed a damned thing after the mini series and first two episodes...
You've missed a fuckload, Wayne, like The Original Starbuck Becoming a Reoccuring guest star on nBSG

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

MKSheppard wrote:You've missed a fuckload, Wayne, like The Original Starbuck Becoming a Reoccuring guest star on nBSG
That ain't Starbuck, Shep. Then again neither is this:

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

That ain't Starbuck, Shep
Starbuck's soooo ICONIC that I mix up Apollo and Starbuck!

Actually, that IS starbuck to me.

oBSG was strictly a 1970s and early 1980s thing, it never gained the widespread success of other shows, and was pretty much forgotten until neoBSG.

It must really burn you people up that neo BSG has:

1.) Lasted Longer than oBSG.
2.) Gained more of an audience than oBSG.
3.) Gained more critical acclaim than oBSG.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Let's recap what Wayne is waxing poetic over:

HOT SWEATY CAMP ACTION!

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

MKSheppard wrote:Let's recap what Wayne is waxing poetic over:

HOT SWEATY CAMP ACTION!

You'd know about that sorta thing, eh Shep? *KISS*
Image Image
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Oh. My. God.

That ... really says it all.

I'm going to go wash my bleeding eyes.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Vympel wrote:Oh. My. God.

That ... really says it all.

I'm going to go wash my bleeding eyes.
*prepares tapes of Galactica: 1980*