General Schatten's 1st Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

General Schatten's 1st Fanfic

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Okay here's the deal, I basically got assigned to do a fan-fic based on my characters experiences in RPGs, my teacher thought it would be fun for me and it will drastically improve my grades. I've chosen to do a City of Heroes/Villains Fanfic. So, my problem is, this is my first fanfic and I have no clue as to how to go about it. Now, I've already got a setting: Ziggursky "The Zuggurat" Prison, a basic plot: prison break, for the first chapter.

My main character is going to be The Soviet Scourge, a former Cold War experiment originally named The Soviet Savior. The experiments were conducted in a heavily secluded Soviet base hidden in Siberia, the experiments leaving him with the ability to generate radiation in the form of bolts, rays, and even self nuclear explosions, in addition to manipulation of thermal radiation to heal and protect allies, and a reduced aging factor. However he was so heavily indoctrinated with Soviet propoganda he almost treats Communism like most fundamentalists do their own religions, he's also heavily influence by the Stalin personality cults. On the disbanding of the Union, however, he obliterated the military base the experimented was being conducted at regarding everyone as a traitor. He went AWOL, after a couple years he resurfaced in Paragon City during the Rikti Invasion, an attack by extradimensional beings, killing heroes and aliens alike, after the war he continued to cause problems during the reconstruction period, eventually being subdued by the Freedom Phalanx and locked away at Ziggursky in his combat armor with his armor locked down to impede his use of powers.

So, anyone have advice? I'm especially interested in any Russian members experiences with radical Soviets, specifically mannerisms and quirks.s
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

When I'm writing/roleplaying Russians from that period, I just use stereotypes. I know that sounds horrible, but I've never had a chance to write a Russian character in a scenario that was at all very serious. That seems doubly true for the inherent cheesiness of the superhero genre, so I'm seriously recommending just perpetuating the stereotypical Homo sovieticus.

But if you really want authenticity for whatever reason, you could PM Stas Bush. Not that he's a Stalinist, but he is Russian. So is fgalkin, but it's my understanding that he lives in America and has for some time.