Most annoying trend in modern film music

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Which irks you more?

Irritating Trend 1
100%
Irritating Trend 2
No votes

Total votes: 27

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Most annoying trend in modern film music

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Annoying Trend 1:

A film that has just one principal cast actor who is black (or at the very least, nonwhite) will be dominated by dull hip-hop beats that for sanity's sake, we will call "club music". White people figured out decades ago that cheesy synth sounds and the clap button on drum machines sound awful, and I guess that knowledge has yet to circulate around.

Annoying Trend 2:

Any action/adventure flick will be brimming with "morse code" style pounding coming out of the string section, which is apparently being manned by lumberjacks instead of violinists. Every one of these scores is indistinguishable, with an optional choir.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Trend 1. Trend 2 is annoying. Trend 1 is annoying and vaguely racist.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Shitty hip hop beats and soundtracks annoy the hell out of me, far more than samey orchestral scores.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

Trend 2 is a nuisance, but it's one which can be lived with. Trend 1, hip-hop up the yin-yang, I loathe with a passion.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Can someone produce an example of number 1 from YouTube or something? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. :?
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I'm not sure what you mean by trend 2, so I'm also going to have to ask for an example.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Ummm... I'm not clear either, but I'm leaning towards, for trend 2, say, War of the Worlds 2005 soundtrack? Is that what we're talking about?
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Can someone produce an example of number 1 from YouTube or something? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. :?
Any blaxploitation film is likely to have stuff from trend 1. Rap music pisses me off as well as anything resembling it, so I vote for that one.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Stereotypes just piss me off anyway. Buddy cop movies, for instance, with a black guy being all streetwise and hip yo, versus the white guy who's a square. Seriously, Hollywood keeps making this shit in this century.