NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

aerius wrote:The Leafs got all their players back...and now they suck. I'd be surprised if they break their losing streak before it hits double digits.
Their next three games are against Tampa, Carolina, and the Rangers, there's no way they're breaking their losing streak unless they start playing as well as they did when they snapped Buffalo's record win streak. Chances are they'll get only another win or two at the most by the end of this year.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

See you next year, Leafs. Total domination by Detroit plays to the tune of five PPGs.

I poke fun at the Leafs a lot, but I have tremendous respect for the history and tradition; but tonight they weren't capable of handling the loss like men, suffering from an embarrassing loss of composure in the waning moments (as those dumbass refs sent man after man into the box instead of just letting the game end).
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Flames with their 9th in a row at home. They have been doing well since I left the Great White North.

----Archon, typing live from Ayers Rock. Back to Melbourne on the 13th.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:See you next year, Leafs. Total domination by Detroit plays to the tune of five PPGs.

I poke fun at the Leafs a lot, but I have tremendous respect for the history and tradition; but tonight they weren't capable of handling the loss like men, suffering from an embarrassing loss of composure in the waning moments (as those dumbass refs sent man after man into the box instead of just letting the game end).
That game was just painful to watch, as was every game since Sundin & Kubina came back. Don Cherry called it right again, you don't mess with a winning lineup that's on a hot streak, wait a few more games until Sundin's really 100% and then put him back in. Leafs are just playing bad book hockey right now, they're trying to setup everything by the rules instead of using their player's strengths. Like Wellwood for example, he's a great skater and stick handler, let him carry pucks into the zone instead of dumping & chasing. Let Antropov and Ponakarovsky fight for pucks in the corners instead of the small guys like Stajan, Tucker, and Wellwood. What they're doing now just doesn't make sense and it shows. There's no creativity and the players are getting real frustrated and taking lots of penalties.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Speaking of a team losing its cool, check out the Ottawa at Colombus matchup. Ottawa has given up 5 PP goals, and absorbed some HUGE penalty minutes. McGrattan for clipping and fighting, Andrew Vermette earned a double minor for high-sticking, and Meszaros earned a game misconduct and a major for checking from behind with intent to injure.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The Ducks held a team thanksgiving dinner at Coach Carlye's house. George Parros was in attendance.

Unfortunately The Oven failed partway during the cooking, leaving the players with nothing but a large uncooked bird. George Parros simply stood up, and swallowed the bird whole, saying nothing except "Gimmie a minute."

After about five minutes, George regurgitated the entire turkey and to everyone's surprise it was fully cooked and even filled with a fine stuffing. Mrs. Carlye asked George how he managed to do that. Parros then uppercutted the poor woman through the roof.

Never question George Parros.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:The Ducks held a team thanksgiving dinner at Coach Carlye's house. George Parros was in attendance.

Unfortunately The Oven failed partway during the cooking, leaving the players with nothing but a large uncooked bird. George Parros simply stood up, and swallowed the bird whole, saying nothing except "Gimmie a minute."

After about five minutes, George regurgitated the entire turkey and to everyone's surprise it was fully cooked and even filled with a fine stuffing. Mrs. Carlye asked George how he managed to do that. Parros then uppercutted the poor woman through the roof.

Never question George Parros.
:lol:

Sounds like something Dion Phaneuf would do.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

We will find out in a week!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Bruins rookie Phil Kessel has been diagnosed with Testicular Cancer.

LINK...
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ducks Win, Leafs Win, Flames Win, Sabres Win, did anyone on this board have a bad night?

*Looks at Red Wings, then glances over at a sulking Darth Garden Gnome*

woooops....;-)

Darth Garden Gnome

IT WAS CLOSE. Emery stole the show, hats off to him for like 45 saves. Thursday, we dine on Chicago...
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Have the "Replace Babcock" stirrings at least been put to rest over there yet? He's still one of my favorite hockey figures.

Darth Garden Gnome

Jeez, were there ever those stirrings? I hope not. Last years playoff ouster was a huge disappointment, but the guy's done some good things, not only at Anaheim but in Detroit too. He's certainly better than Hitler-clone now working the bench in Beantown:

Darth Garden Gnome

Is it too much to ask that the Ducks just lose once in a while? :P
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Is it too much to ask that the Ducks just lose once in a while? :P
YEs, yes it is.

As far as the "Fire Babcock stirrings" It was right about after that miserable west coast road trip y'all had out here when the season started a little bleak prior to the 9 game win streak. A lot of DET fans it seemed to me (I like to lurk on HOckey Message boards all over) seemed miffed at Babcock's coaching style.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Is it too much to ask that the Ducks just lose once in a while? :P
Send them to the Saddledome.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Garden Gnome

There were a couple 'fire Babcock' guys that showed up around my other haunt, but they were generally regarded as loons and sent back on their way.

By the way, Sid the Kid with a 6 point night against Philly puts him tops in league scoring, having played fewer games than any of the other top ten scorers. Wow.
Archon wrote:Send them to the Saddledome.
Just like last spring, eh? :P
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Game 3 of the four game set with Calgary is at the Ponda Center on Monday dear Archon. I await it eagerly, although I can't make it there personally. Hopefully the Ducks will be plenty rested after winning four big games on the east coast to play well back west.

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:By the way, Sid the Kid with a 6 point night against Philly puts him tops in league scoring, having played fewer games than any of the other top ten scorers. Wow.
I saw the 2nd & 3rd periods last night and it was pretty impressive, then again almost every team looks good against Philly. Crosby setup some sweet goals, but I think the highlight was Staal's shorthanded goal with about a minute to go in the game.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Sharks win a HUGE game against Anaheim. I don't know why it isn't a penalty when you hit someone on a clear icing call, but we won, anyway. What a gut check game.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Garden Gnome

Good on ya. It's about time someone beat those Ducks! Jumbo Joe with the dagger.

In matinee action... Wings top Devils 2-1. Goofballs thought their trap was enough to help them cling to a 1-0 lead after two periods, but they were in for a rude awakening. The Dominator stopped a breakaway on his first shot, and turned aside another breakaway and two 2-on-1s before the afternoon was over. Great stuff. :D
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Leafs team which stopped the Sabre's record winning streak showed up again last night as they gave the Rangers a 9-2 beating. It was great, we had puck control for most of the game and completely overwhelmed the Rangers, everyone was at the right place at the right time and the pucks kept finding the back of the net.
Darth Garden Gnome

And that moron Renney kept Lundqvist in after he had given up his fifth goal on a partial breakaway and got clocked big time in the head simultaneously. I'm sure he was real pissed at him for pulling himself the other night, but it was a dumbass move to keep him in there after that goal.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Master of Ossus wrote:Sharks win a HUGE game against Anaheim. I don't know why it isn't a penalty when you hit someone on a clear icing call, but we won, anyway. What a gut check game.
I'll say. 4 point swing in the fishies favor, but if you would have told me a week ago or so that we'd go 4-1 on the first big road swing of the season I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:There were a couple 'fire Babcock' guys that showed up around my other haunt, but they were generally regarded as loons and sent back on their way.

By the way, Sid the Kid with a 6 point night against Philly puts him tops in league scoring, having played fewer games than any of the other top ten scorers. Wow.
Archon wrote:Send them to the Saddledome.
Just like last spring, eh? :P
A little late, but...

Touche!
In Omnia Paratus.