NFL Football Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Well the Bengals got worked. Horrible play calling on both defense and offense. I can't understand why we played a soft cover 2 the entire game, our Defense sucks at playing a zone. The last few games when the defense was playing well we've been playing a tight man coverage with lots of blitzes. So since it was working we decide to completely change how we play defense? Fucking awful.

As far as offense goes, way to many runs called, we're a passing team, we should have played our style of offense, the run was working early on, so instead of play action like we normally do, instead we keep running it. Did Bratkowski forget we were playing the Colts and needed to get points ont he board. I understand taking advantage of the colts weak run D, but we should ahve used that to set up the pass, instead of trying to play like the Ravens, we don't have the D to play that style of football.

That game has me so pissed of still. I just wanted to start throwing shit after the third quarter. FUCK!
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

I'm trying to put this in the Louvre.

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Getting decleated by a quarterback? :lol:

Hey Garden Gnome, are Detroit fans planning another Millen Man March? Maybe this time the fucktard of an owner will pay attention. You guys get 1st pick in March, and first crack at that waiver wire. Random chance would have selected a better team than Millen. It'll all go to waste if he's in charge next year. Which is too bad since I like Marinelli and his staff. They just have no talent to work with.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

RedImperator wrote: Any day when you get to send Shockey, She-Li (thanks Elfdart!), and the rest of those fuckheads home to cry for the winter is a good one.
Over at the board for the Union-Tribune, they call him Elisha. I prefer She-li because I don't want that tosser popping into my mind when thinking about:

The Chargers got three -count 'em THREE- Pro Bowlers in exchange for She-li, while the best offensive player for the Giants is about to retire. That has to be the biggest ass-raping of a trade since the Herschell Walker deal.

Over at the Giants' board, one New York fan wrote:

"Ernie Accorsi [Giants' GM] had to be rushed to the hospital this afternoon to remove the lightning bolt from his ass."
:lol:

San Diego has nine players selected to Honolulu this year, two more than the best Charger teams of the late 70s/early 80s that came within an RCH of the Super Bowl.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Elfdart wrote:Hey Garden Gnome, are Detroit fans planning another Millen Man March? Maybe this time the fucktard of an owner will pay attention. You guys get 1st pick in March, and first crack at that waiver wire. Random chance would have selected a better team than Millen. It'll all go to waste if he's in charge next year. Which is too bad since I like Marinelli and his staff. They just have no talent to work with.
I don't really know, but I sorta doubt it. The last one really wasn't all it was billed to be. There was a giant build-up during the week, but it just devolved in to apathy by weeks end. Which, when you think about it, is probably a bigger enemy to the Ford's then fans paying to get into Ford Field to hold up Fire Millen signs and chant and whatnot. Once the fans just stop caring and showing up, that's when he might decide to make a move.

I agree, Marinelli is a football guy, I know what he's trying to do in Detroit. And Martz is a whiz who can call a good play. But when your O-line is as much of a wreck as it is because of poor drafting, and your receiver with most catches was playing safety last year, no amount of coaching the world is gonna save you.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I see all the Tom Brady fanwhores are upset that he didn't make the Pro Bowl this year. Maybe they can cheer themselves up with this:

Brady!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

So which receiver are the Lions going to draft number one this time? :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Tsyroc wrote:So which receiver are the Lions going to draft number one this time? :D
Given the trend in American sports recently, a big-name left hander from Japan.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Elfdart wrote:
RedImperator wrote: Any day when you get to send Shockey, She-Li (thanks Elfdart!), and the rest of those fuckheads home to cry for the winter is a good one.
Over at the board for the Union-Tribune, they call him Elisha. I prefer She-li because I don't want that tosser popping into my mind when thinking about:

The Chargers got three -count 'em THREE- Pro Bowlers in exchange for She-li, while the best offensive player for the Giants is about to retire. That has to be the biggest ass-raping of a trade since the Herschell Walker deal.

Over at the Giants' board, one New York fan wrote:

"Ernie Accorsi [Giants' GM] had to be rushed to the hospital this afternoon to remove the lightning bolt from his ass."
:lol: // BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

San Diego has nine players selected to Honolulu this year, two more than the best Charger teams of the late 70s/early 80s that came within an RCH of the Super Bowl.
I'm watching the Saints / Giants game right now and the Giants do NOT look like a playoff team. They scored on their opening drive but have not yet ran a play in the Saints half of the field and the Saints have 8 dropped passes yet it's STILL 20-7. Reggie Bush also had a punt return called back. You change these gaffs and it's 34-7. At home. edit: 34**

edit2:
Elfdart wrote: I see all the Tom Brady fanwhores are upset that he didn't make the Pro Bowl this year. Maybe they can cheer themselves up with this:

Brady!
Boo-hoo, LT got 1645 yards on a 5.3 average, 17 total TD's [and his 1st passing TD], just 2 fumbles, none lost, oh and 100 receptions in 2003 and he got shafted, what the fuck has Brady done this year no one else has? :roll:
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Indianapolis (11-4-0) 24
Houston (5-10-0) « 27

Are you fucking kidding me?! :lol:

edit: Chargers with 2 minutes and 60 yards to go pulled more shit out of their ass for the win. So, I say again:

There's no place like 1st place! Merry Christmas Seattle!
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Indianapolis (11-4-0) 24
Houston (5-10-0) « 27

edit: Chargers with 2 minutes and 60 yards to go pulled more shit out of their ass for the win. So, I say again:

There's no place like 1st place! Merry Christmas Seattle!
And my Ravens are a #2 seed. Merry Christmas to me! The only thing that sucks is that Seattle blew it with 38 seconds left.

Oh well, you can't have everything. :)
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Both Mannings lost, and Michael Vick lost, which makes me quite happy. I don't watch much football, but for some reason I hate all 3 of them.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

aerius wrote:Both Mannings lost, and Michael Vick lost, which makes me quite happy. I don't watch much football, but for some reason I hate all 3 of them.
I'm an Eagles fan tonight; Cowboys loss and Saints are officially the number 2 seed and get the bye week.

Of Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina and St. Louis, all but Atlanta are preferable over the Giants so this Saturday, I'm a Redskins fan when the Giants and Skins go at it.

As for the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets -- screw them, I hate them, they kicked the then 12-4 2005 Chargers out of the post season -- in OT no less. So FUCK you Jets fans. *shakes fist* (moreover, at the time it was the exclamation point on a 3 or 4 game win streak for the Jets against the Chargers over several years) [/soapbox] I'll take my chances with the Broncos or Cincy again coming out of the bye week.

Playoff Picture.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Jets game starting soon. Let the heart attack begin.

And Brungardt, deal with it :P

We've had so many seasons of awfulness, not to mention almost consistantly being the laughing stock of the league when it comes to the draft (the previous draft and the Pennington/Coles draft being really the only exceptions I can think of), spoiling real teams every now and then is one of our only real skills.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I said T.O. wasn't worth having on a team. I said Philly was better for not having star players. I can't wait to see Jimmie Johnson try to spin his way out of this one.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

Miami finishing the season a .500 team would be a great Christmas present.
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

NeoGoomba wrote:Jets game starting soon. Let the heart attack begin.

And Brungardt, deal with it :P

We've had so many seasons of awfulness, not to mention almost consistantly being the laughing stock of the league when it comes to the draft (the previous draft and the Pennington/Coles draft being really the only exceptions I can think of), spoiling real teams every now and then is one of our only real skills.
Dude, you'd best talk to your boy Pennington, he is fucking his receivers over with his anemic arm strength. :shock: Coles was just knocked the fuck out -- literally; the play before that a HB was blasted off a swing pass that just hung in the air for like 2 seconds.

Good luck in the post-season with that guy.

edit: to the substance of your post, boohoo, if you want a bitchfest, Chargers fans will "win" against most teams, we got spanked in our only Super Bowl and drafted Ryan Leaf. You have a Lombardi Trophy [yeah, the 3rd] and had that 23 point come back in Monday Night in 1999. The Chargers also had their fair share of shitty draft throughout the post-Super Bowl 90's. BOTH of us have had a 1-15 season in the 90's though. :lol:
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Dude, you'd best talk to your boy Pennington, he is fucking his receivers over with his anemic arm strength. :shock: Coles was just knocked the fuck out -- literally; the play before that a HB was blasted off a swing pass that just hung in the air for like 2 seconds.

Good luck in the post-season with that guy.
Oh god, believe me, I know. Tagging him Franchise was an awful move. They sunk so much money in a man made of paper mache its stupid. I was actually HAPPY when we had Testaverde on the roster, he'll have more arm strength when he's 60 than Pennington will ever.

As Kornheiser put it, his sister can put more heat on the ball. And I wish I could argue with that comment, but I can't
edit: to the substance of your post, boohoo, if you want a bitchfest, Chargers fans will "win" against most teams, we got spanked in our only Super Bowl and drafted Ryan Leaf. You have a Lombardi Trophy [yeah, the 3rd] and had that 23 point come back in Monday Night in 1999. The Chargers also had their fair share of shitty draft throughout the post-Super Bowl 90's. BOTH of us have had a 1-15 season in the 90's though. :lol:
Well, misery loves company man. It could be worse, we could be Giants fans :D
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Oi. Dick, I would have tried the FG than converting a 4-8. Just maybe. I know about the wind and such, but, its Buffalo, and you're supposed to be ok with that. Oi.

I am now, officially rooting for Baltimore to do the business, and for Denver to put Bill Belicheck on his couch for the SB.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

There's always a time for 1st's, even the last week of the regular season.
Looked at a different way, I'm making the Super Bowl of fantasy football picks. :wink:

In the order they appear on my Coors Light wallet-deployable 2006 schedule with the exception of the *Sunday night game that is flexibly scheduled:

NYG @ WAS The Redskins are silly like English kniggits if they don't beat the floundering G-Men

BUF @ BAL

PIT @ CIN

DET @ DAL but they won't get the division.

CLE @ HOU

MIA @ IND why not? The Dolphins are a weekly wild card: they can bring an A game or just lay an egg. The Colts would be a Super Bowl contender if they had even the Raiders defense. :lol:

JAX @ KC i also just hate the Chiefs that much.

STL @ MIN

CAR @ NO and the Panthers sneak in! :razz: I'm banking on one Mr. Smith.

OAK @ NYJ I need something to complain about on Monday, and it's that the Raiders suck that much that they gave the Jets their post-season birth. Good luck against Indianapolis.

ATL @ PHI take the hot team. Also, screw the Cowboys.

SEA @ TB Gruden lights a fire under his team's ass. it's not like it matters to the Seahawks.

NE @ TEN Vince Young's made a statement this year, but Brady will school him.

SF @ DEN Blah, fuck Denver too.

ARI @ SD Michael Turner for over 150 yards.

*GB @ CHI Love to see Favre in, but like hell he's got the arm anymore.

edit: got Cincinnati out of a 2nd home game against the Jaguars. :oops:
As follows my from knowledge of the tie breaking house-of-cards scheme [unless I misread somewhere], my projected Playoff tree.

AFC
1 Chargers
2 Ravens

3 Colts
6 Jets

4 Patriots
5 Broncos << wouldn't this be 2 years in a row?

NFC
1 Bears
2 Saints

3 Eagles
6 Panthers << rematch of the NFC conference game a few years ago

4 Seahawks
5 Cowboys
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

To be honest, did anyone expect Philly to be locked into the playoffs after McNabb went down? The last three games were all road games within the division, which is probably the toughest division in the NFC overall. Only the Redskins aren't contending for a playoff spot, Eagles and Cowboys have locked spots, and the Giants are win-and-in (OK, there's one way they don't get in, but it takes 10 games going perfectly against them, including Dallas losing to Detroit). Even if they lose, they may be in, which would be the first time in a non-strike season a team below .500 made the playoffs.

Garcia may well be showing his poor performance as a starter was a lack of offensive support, not a lack of ability. Sure, he's given up two INTs in the last two games, but over the last five he has the highest QB rating in the NFL. He seems to be a much more control-oriented quarterback - hit short, run short, sucker the defense in close, and then go for the mid or long range shot.

The offense is also finally taking advantage of having two solid halfbacks in Westbrook and Buckhalter. Buck doesn't have quite the hands for catching that Westbrook has, but he's a little better as an inside runner. Swapping them out or playing the simultaneously creates three different sets of possibilities out of the backfield.

And hell, I'd rate the Eagles' O-line as the best in the NFL. Andrews, Runyan, Thomas...
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

You know what?

Fuck the shittard Giants. They will get fucking slapped around like the red-headed stepchild in the postseason they fucking are. God I'm fucking pissed, they are the most undeserving playoff "contender" in a god damned long while! 8-8. 8 AND BLOODY FUCKING 8! I HOPE THEY FEEL REAL FUCKING PROUD OF THAT FUCKING ACCOMPLISHMENT IN THAT WEAK ASS JOKE OF A FUCKING CONFERENCE!

edit: added more cuss words, also, I've calmed down enough.

Giants and Eagles are both in and if either of them win [or both] then the winner of the division is the number 3 seed [I don't know that if they both lose if they get the tie breaker for the #3 seed over the Seahawks if they win]. Anyway, the Eagles will likely play the Giants. Here's a hint: make Eli beat you -- he didn't do jack with 94 passing yards. You take away a great game by Tiki and the G-men are sitting at home.

edit: Eli threw for 101 but apparently the sacks are counting against team passing yards or something, to 94. Their defense also almost blew a huge 20 point lead.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

94 net yards on 26 attempts for She-li. :lol:

Either Philly or Dallas should make short work of them next week.

The owners of the Bills, Titans, Chiefs, Bengals and Jaguars should try to get themselves moved to the NFC. If they did, they'd be in the playoffs since they're better than most of the NFC teams in the running.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I still find it funny that in the NFC West the Arizona Cardinals have the best record, and the only winning record within the division. It's not saying much since the NFC West blows hard this year but that just kills me. If the division record counted more than as a tie-breaker the Cards could be in with an overall losing record. :D

The Seahawks have got to be one of the saddest division winners in years.

Anyway, I'm kind of hoping that Garcia is able to lead the Eagles to the Superbowl. I just love it when that kind of shit happens. I haven't decided whether I'm for the Eagles winning it yet, it'll depend on who they are playing, but it is fun when a team goes on to do better things without their star player than when they had him. :lol: Just think how fucked up things would be in Philly next year if they were able to win the Super Bowl with Jeff Garcia this year. :twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Either I'm suffering from massive delusions... or we're going to the playoffs. (Unless it's the Heidi game V. 2.0)
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan