Marching Band Champs!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Marching Band Champs!

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to proudly present to you the band I'm in, the Oakmont-Overlook Marching Spartans: Group IIIA New England state champions, Gold Medalists, and a band that marched in not one, but two Disney parades.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6103&hl=en

That's our field show as it was at USSBA/NESBA State championships in October. I hope you enjoy it. Yours truly starts off on the timpani (in the first tune, just to the right of the head drum major's podium,) then moves to the chimes.

Enjoy! And comment, if you'd like. :)
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Congrats. :)

Did you play in the 2004 Disney Parade? I might have been down there at the same time.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
ImpishAngel
Padawan Learner

Post by ImpishAngel »

Noble Ire wrote:Congrats. :)

Did you play in the 2004 Disney Parade? I might have been down there at the same time.
I believe I was there in 2004... in April IIRC...
We had like 200+ members, and marched at like 8:30 at night.
It was a good time, minus the fact I had 2nd and 1st degree sunburn all over my body due to the chaperones thinking it would be a great idea to go to the water park the morning and afternoon before we had to perform, so over half of us were burnt to a crisp.

It was definatly a good feeling though... -sighs as remembers the fantasmic show- God that is an awesome place...

~On Topic, The band looks really good JD... keep it up and maybe try for a spot in Madison Scouts? I :luv: Madison.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Noble Ire wrote:Congrats. :)

I wasn't in the band, and I believe the last trip down there by our band was 2003.
ImpishAngel wrote: I believe I was there in 2004... in April IIRC...
We had like 200+ members, and marched at like 8:30 at night.
It was a good time, minus the fact I had 2nd and 1st degree sunburn all over my body due to the chaperones thinking it would be a great idea to go to the water park the morning and afternoon before we had to perform, so over half of us were burnt to a crisp.

It was definatly a good feeling though... -sighs as remembers the fantasmic show- God that is an awesome place...

~On Topic, The band looks really good JD... keep it up and maybe try for a spot in Madison Scouts? I :luv: Madison.
We have 78 members, and marched in both the Spectromagic (replaced the Electric Light Parade) parade and the "Disney Dreams come True" parade. It was, quite simply, incredible.

We also went to the Fantasmic show. My little group sat in front of these three people who worked there, and I talked to them for the 2 hours we sat waiting for the show to start. I learned a lot about Disney employee brainwashing. Anyway, after the show, one of my roomates in Disney said, "they were making fun of you, they don't really work there." The next day, in EPCOT, I saw one of them working at Test Track, where the line was about 90 minutes. He gave us Instant fastpasses, good for anytime, so we hopped in the fastpass line. After about three minutes he came to us and said, "The line is way too long." He took us around through the exit, over the ride, and right to the front of the line. It was awesome.

Anyway, thanks for the complement, Impy. :)

Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Ah, marching band, how I miss thee.

High school marching band, yeh? I was in mine when I was a senior. Just the one year. It was an awesome time though.

East coast yeah? Did you do ACC's? I think thats what it was called at least, its been so long :( My band was only a group I, we had like 30 people or something silly. But we got there, and I was proud.

But anyway, thats awesome. Grats :) You guys rock the house.
Yay.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Namarie wrote:Ah, marching band, how I miss thee.

High school marching band, yeh? I was in mine when I was a senior. Just the one year. It was an awesome time though.

East coast yeah? Did you do ACC's? I think thats what it was called at least, its been so long :( My band was only a group I, we had like 30 people or something silly. But we got there, and I was proud.

But anyway, thats awesome. Grats :) You guys rock the house.
East coast, High School, and I haven't heard of ACC's. Do you know what organization runs them? We compete on the USSBA (US Scholastic Band Association) and MICCA (Mass. Instrumental & Choral Conductors Association) circuits.

Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Err... ACC's is Atlantic Coast Championships. So I guessed that everyone on the east coast had heard of them. Im not sure what organization runs them or anything though honestly.
Yay.