---

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

---

Post by Pick »

---
Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:57pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Cool stuff! You get an e-heart for thigh length boots, woo! <3

How does Edge walk, though? Looking at his feet, I get stuck with stylisation versus movement; my mind paints him as moving, well, like a penguin at best.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Rye wrote:Cool stuff! You get an e-heart for thigh length boots, woo! <3

How does Edge walk, though? Looking at his feet, I get stuck with stylisation versus movement; my mind paints him as moving, well, like a penguin at best.
Edge? I think you probably mean Umber (the captions for the characters are underneath their pictures, not above.)

Umber needs to raise his toes to be able to walk, and it is quite difficult. Luckily, the ball of his foot is not immobile like a camel's; it is possible for him to raise and lower his claws. In my story, it is quite possible to have characteristics which make survival harder than it might be otherwise. Zixer, for instance, went blind and spits poison due to sheer bad luck in his physical development.

And boots are wicked cool!

Zixer, the most hated character. He is to be punished via silly outfit!
Last edited by Pick on 2006-12-24 06:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Nice work there.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Pick wrote:
Rye wrote:Cool stuff! You get an e-heart for thigh length boots, woo! <3

Edge? I think you probably mean Umber (the captions for the characters are underneath their pictures, not above.)
Well, consider my forehead slapped for nublettery.
And boots are wicked cool!
Damn straight they are!

Btw, I just noticed on the thigh boot picture, the front of the torso should probably be pointing in the direction between the toe points, or show more twisting in the posture. :) I've also noticed you don't draw the crotch gap between the top of the thighs, is there a stylistic reason for this or was it unintentional?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks, Zor!
Rye wrote:Btw, I just noticed on the thigh boot picture, the front of the torso should probably be pointing in the direction between the toe points, or show more twisting in the posture. :) I've also noticed you don't draw the crotch gap between the top of the thighs, is there a stylistic reason for this or was it unintentional?
Eh, just a design sketch. The toe would be okay, except I now noticed that I bent the back leg (probably to make her boot visible.) Meh, not important.

The crotch gap is present in the figure sketch for every single picture except for Shader (whose legs are pressed together, as indicated by the feet being so close together), Kesyl (whose legs are crossed), and Zixer. I think the reason you aren't seeing it is because it's usually covered by the clothing designs, such as for the Kamina design. Since the crotches aren't exposed, it's rather difficult to gauge if there is a gap there. Also, it's relatively unimportant, as these are only clothing design sketches, not character design sketches.

---
Selia, Monarch and owner of the Basal Keys.
Last edited by Pick on 2006-12-24 06:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

*major hottie!*
I agree :D
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Rawr, Kesyl. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Rawr, Kesyl. :)
Maybe Alder is gay. After all, she had to bribe him to tap that fine ass!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:
I am so very glad he has improved since then.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Pick wrote:
I am so very glad he has improved since then.
Or you'd be way jealous? :mrgreen:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I really like the different styles of clothing. Fruity elf garb is all fine and good, but giving Desunius or Hoquer outfits that actually look like they might survive combat, or something regal for the Monarch, greatly enhance the visual impact of the characters.

Although, Zixer does rather like he fell in something nasty. :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:I really like the different styles of clothing. Fruity elf garb is all fine and good, but giving Desunius or Hoquer outfits that actually look like they might survive combat, or something regal for the Monarch, greatly enhance the visual impact of the characters.
Thank you very much!
Although, Zixer does rather like he fell in something nasty. :P
Good!

Okay, seriously, that's not a real Zixer outfit. I'm still trying to figure one out for him, but felt I was getting behind on Llanlleians :P.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Wow, I'm just churning out the typos tonight.
Pick wrote:Okay, seriously, that's not a real Zixer outfit. I'm still trying to figure one out for him, but felt I was getting behind on Llanlleians
I always picture him wearing something extremely plain and business-like, with a single out-of-place accessory, like his colorful scarf. I find that sort of incongruity particularly annoying in general; thus, its a perfect fit for Zixer. :wink:
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:
Pick wrote:Okay, seriously, that's not a real Zixer outfit. I'm still trying to figure one out for him, but felt I was getting behind on Llanlleians
I always picture him wearing something extremely plain and business-like, with a single out-of-place accessory, like his colorful scarf. I find that sort of incongruity particularly annoying in general; thus, its a perfect fit for Zixer. :wink:
Oh, his scarf is so going to be on him, no matter what else he's wearing. It's his scarf! His SCARF! It's, like, his only friend.

As for everything else, I want something... both impressive, but not ostentatious. It's rough. And I'd prefer he not look gay, which, as my pictures are proving, is kind of hard with the fruity elf motif :P.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I'll say it again: If greaves make you gay, I don't want to be straight.
Last edited by Darth Raptor on 2006-12-25 12:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:I'll say it again: If greeves make you gay, I don't want to be straight.
You don't want to be straight anyway :lol:.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:As for everything else, I want something... both impressive, but not ostentatious. It's rough. And I'd prefer he not look gay, which, as my pictures are proving, is kind of hard with the fruity elf motif :P.
Maybe a big cloak. Filled with knives.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Here is a picture I did as a Christmas present for my best friend. It is one of his characters:

Opencanvas 4 Plus.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Wow, that's an interesting creature. Bizarre mix of avian and mammalian characteristics. I had to stare at the face for a bit to make sense of it, but I'd attribute that to the unique anatomy before I would any error of your own (because I can definitely see it now). Cool.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Beautiful colouring there; kill it with fire etcetera.
What is Project Zohar?

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Beautiful Artwork :shock:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Pick, your work as always is lovely on so many levels. Even in 'sketched' forms it is still a thing of beauty. And just so you know... I'll Always be pretending ALL ye hot studs are gay ;) :D
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks, guys!
Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Young Umber has an emo-esque haircut. Somehow, I am completely unsurprised. :wink:
The Rift