Star Trek comic

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Star Trek comic

Post by Typhonis 1 »

http://www.grimmy.com/comics.php

Scroll down to 12/04/06

I got a laugh out of this picture and thought some of the others here who remeber the origional series would as well.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

For those who don't want to look for it, here it is:

Ahh, the joys of the modern syndicated newspaper comic strip... ;)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

They cut it out so that it had enough power to reach a bloody starship in high orbit!

Sorry, but I'm getting really sick of these "lolz my cellphone is better than a communicator" things. Unless your name is Rose Tyler, your cellphone is completely incapable of even the most basic task the Star Trek communicators were used for.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Drooling Iguana wrote:They cut it out so that it had enough power to reach a bloody starship in high orbit!

Sorry, but I'm getting really sick of these "lolz my cellphone is better than a communicator" things. Unless your name is Rose Tyler, your cellphone is completely incapable of even the most basic task the Star Trek communicators were used for.
Incidently, where do you think telecommunications satellites are, exactly? :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

So your cellphone communicates directly with a sattelite now? I must have missed those bits in TOS where the crew would beam down massive radio towers for the communicators to transmit to so that the transmission could then be sent to the ship via a large, gound-based dish.

Plus there's the fact that the Enterprise is very rarely in anything approaching a globostationary orbit, meaning that the ship is often on the other side of the planet from the away team, yet I can't think of a single example of the characters having to wait until the Enterprise orbits back into their hemisphere to use ther communicators. Can your satellite uplinks transmit right through to the other side of the Earth?

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

No, what I'm doing is messing with you because you are having a conniption fit over a Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon. Calm down and stop shitting your pants.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

I'm having a fit over the whole cellphones > communicators idea that keeps resurfacing despite being absolutely idiotic to anyone willing to think about it for two seconds. The Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon just reminded me of it.

tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

What about sat phones?
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

tim31 wrote:What about sat phones?
oh, don't start him up :P
anywho, those are quite nice. My new newspaper seems to lack many good cartoons. :cry:
WWDD What would dogbert do?