Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer teaser

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

That actually looks pretty good.

Kind of cool that they make a point of showing how powerful the SS is without trashing a bunch of stuff.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Why the fuck am I running from you again? :twisted:

Nice chase, lets just hope the rest of the movie can hold up.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

I thought the first one was a pretty good popcorn flick and so far I looks like their treating Surfer fair. I just hope that 1) Surfer isnt a melodramatic like he has sometimes been in the comics and his short lived cartoon in the 90's, and 2) the climax isnt them standing in a ring around the bad guy while a crowd stands around and gawks.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

It's going to have to be an awful big ring to stand around Galactus.

Maybe if they make Reed stretch all the way around him.
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Not bad. The first one suffered honestly more in that Doom....FUCKING SUCKED. The new reimagined Doom was worst then most of what movies reimagine a character and it showed. The rest weren't too bad, and it was okay popcorn flick aside from the giant pimple on it's forehead.

Surfer in CGI looks nice, and I am hoping Galactus and Nova are decent as well.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

I didn't have any interest in watching the first FF movie, but I'm definately seeing this one in the theatres. I've been waiting to see Silver Surfer and Galactus on the silver screen for way too long. And if they stay true to the original telling of the story, the movie can't be too bad.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Looks good, although Chris Evans as the torch is still bloody annoying. Silver Surfer is suitably kickass.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

That was suitably badass. Hopefully they manage to do it right this time around and not make it suck.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Could be good.

Hopefully they can take a page from the success of Sin City and soon to be success of 300 and simply tell the story that you find in the book.

The story was good enough to inspire a movie, why not tell the fucking story.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

As someone who rather like the FF movie (or Hulk and Daredevil for that matter) my standards WRT superhero movies may admittedly be pretty low but that didn't look none too shabby.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Definatly interesting, looked nice too. I'm looking forward to the next trailer.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

...what about the apocalyptic events before the Surfer arrives?

The Surfer himself looks awesome...but not having the Avengers and whatnot at Reed and Sue's wedding just doesn't feel right.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

They should just copy Marvels for the pre-arrival events. Alex Ross did an excellent job of showing the craziness that is the Arrival of Galactus.

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

KrauserKrauser wrote:They should just copy Marvels for the pre-arrival events. Alex Ross did an excellent job of showing the craziness that is the Arrival of Galactus.
What, specifically, was involved in the craziness?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
KrauserKrauser wrote:They should just copy Marvels for the pre-arrival events. Alex Ross did an excellent job of showing the craziness that is the Arrival of Galactus.
Riots, doomsayers, a lot of people frantically trying to pretend that everything's normal but knowing full well it's not...
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

The teaser trailer looks good, but then again trailers are basically ads for a movie. If they don't look good, then something's wrong.

Hopefully Dr. Doom (in name only) won't be mentioned at all. Galactus coming to destroy the world would also be a much more serious plot than the mediocre sitcom fluff that was in the first movie. This could be good, if the writers/director can avoid the mistakes they made last time.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Jim Raynor wrote:The teaser trailer looks good, but then again trailers are basically ads for a movie. If they don't look good, then something's wrong.

Hopefully Dr. Doom (in name only) won't be mentioned at all. Galactus coming to destroy the world would also be a much more serious plot than the mediocre sitcom fluff that was in the first movie. This could be good, if the writers/director can avoid the mistakes they made last time.
Bad news then. Behold the official plot synopses.
Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in "Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer" as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I have the bad feeling that they're going to have at least a cameo by Dr. Doom, considering how they went out of their way to have that little Latveria business at the end of the first FF.

The trailer looks cool, even if the sound on my computer is broken.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Perhaps they will have Doctor Doom steal the SilverSurfers powers, the FF will save him and he will see the error of his actions.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

Gustav32Vasa wrote:Perhaps they will have Doctor Doom steal the SilverSurfers powers, the FF will save him and he will see the error of his actions.

From some of the early script reviews, apart from the 'seeing the error of his actions' part, that seems to be the plot: Doom strips Surfer's powers and confronts Galactus. Eh. I won't even try to figure out how it happens, and I won't speculate. Still, I liked the preview (Surfer looks spectacular), but a preview isn't a movie. Here's hoping they can at least make it better than the first one, as many here have already said.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Molyneux wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Riots, doomsayers, a lot of people frantically trying to pretend that everything's normal but knowing full well it's not...

No, I was referring to the fire in the sky that didn't burn anything and the giant rocks that covered the sky but never fell.

The riots and the like were just people reacting to that.

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

KrauserKrauser wrote:
Molyneux wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote: What, specifically, was involved in the craziness?

No, I was referring to the fire in the sky that didn't burn anything and the giant rocks that covered the sky but never fell.

The riots and the like were just people reacting to that.
I agree, they really should have that as well.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

The problem is to a Hollywood movie executive, a giant space dude in an enormous purple hat that wants to eat the planet might be a bit too silly for a Marvel superhero movie. Galactus isn't listed in the IMDb entry. :?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Gil Hamilton wrote:The problem is to a Hollywood movie executive, a giant space dude in an enormous purple hat that wants to eat the planet might be a bit too silly for a Marvel superhero movie. Galactus isn't listed in the IMDb entry. :?
All that means, if he appears, is either a) he's computer generated, or b) the haven't announced/decided the actor playing him.

Ivanova is always right.