V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Dahak wrote: Oh my.. Maybe I should try to help? He walked towards Anna, Josh behind him.
"Anna, Dear," he asked, "can I help you in any way? It would be a pleasure."
Anna looked at him and his new toy. "Watch over the place for me. I should be back shortly. Hopefully Darian will be available."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Watch over the place for me. I should be back shortly. Hopefully Darian will be available."

"Of course, Anna," Dachlan anwered, "I'll do. And give Darian my regards. You can tell him that you had all the right for this here, in my opinion. maybe it will sooth him just a bit more."

He gave Anna a curt nod. "But when you're back I'm eager to hear what this was all about, if you wouldn't mind telling me."

As Anna left, he walked over to the table with all the other participants, in some kind of discussion.

"Hello, my young friends," he said in the round. "Ms. Bruck will leave us for a short time, so just relax.

He turned back to Josh, and notioned him to sit down.
"Meet my very good frined, Josh," sending off icy gglances at all the vampires. "He'll be around for a bit."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"God only knows which Crusade. I was never much of a history buff but my sire seems to live in those days. One of those kindrfed that never left the age in which they were embraced. Sort of like one of those zombies that still lives in the eighties, you know liking eighties music, still dressing like you're in the eighties....very sad." Jack said shaking his head slowly.

"But whatever went on in those Crusades he pissed someone off royally and they pissed him off and ever since he's been in a war with some Assamites and his childer usually get caught in the cross fire. I've learned to keep my head down and keep on moving."
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

As Josh was seated, staring wide-eyed at the people sitting at the table and noting the blood and gore around him, an icy chill ran down his spine. But then he looked back at Dachlan, who was just walking away from the table towards the bar, and he relaxed a bit.
He seemed to be a nice person, and he actually liked him...

---

Dachlan approached the bar, and looked for some of the people normally working there.
"Hey!" He shouted.
Several heads appeared. "Ms. Bruck will be away for a short while, and she left me for this time with this place. So I think it would be best if someone started cleaning up this mess." Dachlan put on one of his charming smiles, nodded to them, and turned back to the busy table with his newly found aqcuaintances, and Josh.
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I listened to what Reece was saying and shook my head in disbelief. Why anyone would want to stick themselves in times like any of the Crusades was way beyond me and I said as much.

"Clothing has come so far since then," I added. "Shoes alone! I mean, the dead don't generally get sore feet but footwear from back then? No support what so ever. No thank you."

As we talked I caught the scent of fresh blood entering the room from behind me. A few moments later and DeVries was again at the table. This time it was with some kid, very much alive. I smiled.

"Ah, DeVries is back," I said to those at the table. "And he's brought food."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Ah, DeVries is back," I said to those at the table. "And he's brought food."

"Yes, I'm back," Dachlan's tone quite sinister. "And if you so much as touch my special friend Josh here, a bunch of Giovanni will be your least problem, I can guarantee you that. You've seen what I can do. I'm certain you won't want me to get angry..." His voice trailed off, and Dachlan's eyes were burning holes through him before he turned his attention shortly to Josh.

---
"Food?" Josh's whispered. "What is thi-"He was interrupted by a gentle touch on his cheek by Dachlan. His touch felt...eerie, but pleasnat at the same time. He was confused. He wanted to run away from here, but some part in him just wanted to stay with that guy. At least hes nice and certainly you're better off with him than alone on the street a voice whispered in his mind.
"Don't be afraid, my dear. Nothing will happen to you. But there are things going on in this world you don't know about, so trust me."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

My attention flicked between Reece and the Russian. He sounded Russian anyway. At the last words I had to do a double take.

"Greater goal? We're the Damned Undead. I don't know about you but I'm here to kill people and keep my ass out of Hell for one more night."
----

Obvously not a Ventrue, Anton thought, smiling. "While humans go on with their miserable everyday lives, we rule them from the shadows. Besides, I'm not afraid of dying again."

When Dachlan returned and introduced them his new pet, Anton, much to his surprise, felt actual pity for the young Josh. Poor basteard These people are irresponsibly toying with the humans... And I thought things we out of control in Russia.

"Don't worry, not my taste," Anton said with a grim upward glance at Dachlan.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin parked his red '89 Tempo in the parking lot just outside The Eye of Horrus. He'd only been there once, and that had been on business, now he was just bored out of his mind and was looking for a drink.

Colin holstered his Baretta into his side holster, just under his jacket and pulled the scarves around his head up so they covered his mouth, and the long fangs that might show up when he spoke. Colin was a Caitiff, which even in New Orleans could get a vampire in a lot of trouble, and the fact that those fangs were a constant threat to the masquerade didn't help matters either.

Colin opened the door to his car and stepped out and after a quick look around he shut the door and locked up, he wasn't to worried that anyone would steal the old piece of shit, and God help them if they did, but he needed some way to get around town.

Colin walked up to the door of this bar and slowly opened it. He popped his head through the crack for a quick look around, and was quite surprised at the spectacle of blood and bodies. Colin let out a small sigh as one of his hands reached into his jacket to grab his gun and he stepped all the way through the door, ready for anything.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

It looked like I had been wrong. The posturing wasn't over. Ah well.

I leaned back casually in my chair, the very epitome of relaxation. Once again those green windows to my soul, or lack there of, matched the other vampire's gaze as though he was attempting a staring contest with a statue. It was obvious to all that I wouldn't be cowed by such blathering.

"Threats. Threats." My hands went to my mouth in mock surprise, only for a moment. "No need for that DeVries. We're all friends here now. If you're not going to share, that's your parogative, but you can lay off the tough guy thing. Yeah, I've seen what you can do. And right now I'm more worried about our Russian friend here. You know why?"

It was rhetorical. I didn't let him reply.

"Because I HAVEN'T seen what he can do."

The casual friendliness drained from my face leaving a sternness as stony as any grave.

"Remember Mr. DeVries, I thanked you for your help but I did not ask for it. No devil or witch has bested me in seven hundred and fifty years of walking death. I doubt it would have been any of that riff-raff and I highly doubt it will be you. Seven hundred and fifty years alone and without the aid of any clan or sire. And after all that time, I assure you I am not concerned with threats."

As quickly as they had left, the light returned to my eyes and the smile to my face.

"Now, enough of all this once and for all. You need to relax DeVries. Take a seat. Please."

I turned my attention to the mortal, nothing but friendship written on my features. "Tell me Josh, what was it that you did before tonight?"
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

josh still looked confused like some puppy in a stormy night.
"I- I don't know, really," his voice slowly regaining something of his old strength. "I was hanging around in a bar some blocks from here. I just wanted to leave on my bike back out into the night, looking for a place to sleep, and then... I don't really remember anything... until those guys walked up on me, I was lying on the floor, feeling kinda drained. Then i lost my consciousness, and it seemed like I was engulfed by pure...blackness. And then Dachlan here got e up and carried me here..."
He looked up at Dachlan with a soft glow to his eyes. "That's all I remember..."
----
"It's OK, Josh, just relax," Dachlan purred. "Everythings fine." He actually smiled at him. Funny, are those feelings inside me? After so many years? He was honestly surprised...

Turning back to Joe, he relaxed a bit.
"I am a bit...overprotective," he apologized. "But I prefer to settle such things before they tend to get ugly. I prefer to have friends than foes. But just you remember: I am not exactly fresh from the boat, either, and didn't survive all those long years just by looking good. " He gave Joe a short nod, and was about to be seated, when he sensed a presence at the door.

"If you'll excuse me Gentleen, but there seems to be an uninvited guest." He turned towards the door and strode to the door, and the guest, with all the arrogance and grace his noble upbringing brought with it.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

"If you'll excuse me Gentleen, but there seems to be an uninvited guest." He turned towards the door and strode to the door, and the guest, with all the arrogance and grace his noble upbringing brought with it.

Colin immediately turned towards the man who was heading towards him, and from his walk and pale skin he knew what the man was, a Tremere, the hand inside his jacket moved slightly as it got a better grip on the gun, ready to pull it.

Colin kept his eyes steady, fear was the last thing on his mind, right now he just wanted to get out of here with his unlife. He spoke somewhat quickly, hoping to smooth things over before to many problems arose.

"Hello honored sir, I do not plan on intruding on anything that is occuring here, I am just looking for a place to get a drink, and I will be on my way shortly." Colin's eyes glanced at Josh briefly before looking back at the man.

Colin's breath stirred the scarves around his face alittle and his eyes remained locked on the Tremere, waiting for a response.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Hello honored sir, I do not plan on intruding on anything that is occuring here, I am just looking for a place to get a drink, and I will be on my way shortly." Colin's eyes glanced at Josh briefly before looking back at the man.
Colin's breath stirred the scarves around his face alittle and his eyes remained locked on the Tremere, waiting for a response.
---
"Good night, stranger," Dachlan answered the stranger. With a flash of anger he noted the way he eyed Josh. "You're welcome here as long as you behave yourself. My name is Dachlan DeVries, and currently act for dear Ms. Bruck." He took a closer look at the vampire, and smiled.
"But it would be best to take your hand away from that gun of yours. Yes, I have noticed it. And yes, it is useless to conceal it from me. I dont like weapons, and as you might notice," he pointed at the chaos around, only starting to get cleaned, "it was not the best of nights. People still are...irritated. You can get something to drink, and have a talk, but the human belongs to me. Touch him, and you'll die." Dachlan said, his amiable smile never wavering. He took a side step, and with a grand gesture of his arm pointed towards the still standing table.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Dachlan said, his amiable smile never wavering. He took a side step, and with a grand gesture of his arm pointed towards the still standing table.

Colin bowed just a tad and took his hand off his gun, he had never liked the tremere, stuck up bastards that they were, but he was higher up in the food chain and as such had to be respected.

"I am Colin McCrain, and I believe you will understand why I hold my gun. Considering the carnage around us." With a bit of hate in his voice Colin continued to speak as he passed by Dachlan "Oh, you noticed the gun, how observent of you, I don't know how you did it." The sarcasm dripping from his voice is practically an assault all it's own. "As for the human, he is all yours, he's your catch and I'll respect that."

Colin passed by Dachlan and walked over to the bar and took a seat, dissmissing the bartender as he took another look around the bar, hoping to find what might be a friendly face.
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Anton carefully listened the every word of Schwartz's heated monologue, raising an eyebrow as the man mentioned his age. This man... this relic of the past was not someone to fuck with. With new-founded respect towards "Joe", Anton gave him an acknowledging nod.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Insolent child!
he managed to keep his anger from showing, but he was short of killing him on the spot.
His gaze followed him for a short while, then he walked again to his table, and Josh.
Well, I hope this evening is soon over, and Anna will be safely back here. I need some special time with Josh. Alone. A smile crossed his face.
---

Josh observed the scene with a chill feeling in his gut. The casualness with which Dachlan thought about killing someone... And just because of me?
He didn't understand. But he hoped Dachlan would explain it to him. And he sure as hell didn't want to be left alone with those...whatever they are. The hunger in their eyes everytime they look at me... He was definitely afraid of them. Very Afraid. He now was sure that they were not human. But what where they?
Except Dachlan. His eyes glowed with what, joy?, everytime he looked at me...
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

My head bowed slightly in genuine respect for DeVries before he excused himself from the group. Hopefully this could be put in the past. I had the bad feeling that we would be spending a lot more time together than just tonight. That seemed to be what happened when those that considered themselves the High-Mucky-Mucks got involved. You were either fighting your way out of the city or running some assignment for them.

I ignored the mortal's nervous glances and watched the other vampire as he strode confidently to the door to confront the newest arrival. I sighed softly as the newcomer's scent reached my nose. That tell-tale mix of dust, old blood and slight decay, I couldn't fault beasts for reacting to us.

"Great," I said under my breath. "Another one. What? Is there a convention on here or something?"

Looking around the room at all those that still remained, not to mention the remaining uncleaned areas, I raised my voice. "Would someone please lock that damn door before anyone else comes in!"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan gestured towards a guy behind the bar, and he seemed to have heard Joe, too, since he walked to the door and locked it.
"So, that's that then," Dachlan said to Joe.
"Anything else on your mind?"
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Looking around the room at all those that still remained, not to mention the remaining uncleaned areas, I raised my voice. "Would someone please lock that damn door before anyone else comes in!"

Colin looked at the man who had spoken, he eyed him carefully, taking in his clothing, and perhaps any weapons he may carry.

Colin smirked beneath his scarves and spoke "Why lock the door, afraid of a bigger mess?"

Colin stood and slowly walked over to the man, hoping to perhaps strike up a conversation with him, he seemed a lot better of a person than that stuck up Tremere he'd confronted before.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"I get that feeling all the time, for a bunch of unliving creatures that are supposed to be hiding from humanity we sure have a weird way of going about that." Jack commented as he smiled at Schwartz's comment.

"This place is getting a little to crowded fori my tastes. Something is telling me that its time to move along."
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stravo wrote:"This place is getting a little to crowded fori my tastes. Something is telling me that its time to move along."
"What?! The fun's just getting started, I'd say. Normally I'd be eyeing the door myself but in this case, there's no way I'm leaving until I hear what the Lady of the House comes back with. Besides, I haven't heard any of those war stories of yours."

In the background the newcomer spoke. Was he trying to out jackass me? I ignored the comment whether it was directed specifically at me or not and left my attention on the people at the table. The room was covered in blood and littered with bullet holes, there were nine bodies staked (or worse) being lined up against a wall, and half the people in the room were trying to get gore out of their clothes. I personally was looking like I had taken my threads off of a car accident victim. If the guy thought he actually stood a chance if he wanted to pick a fight with someone here, he was stupider than what I could tell DeVries took him for.

Hell, maybe he had something to do with these books and all the other nonsense. Why else would anyone walk into a place that looked like this? It's like going into a bank for money after watching the getaway car peel away.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin did not take a seat as he reached the man, he got the feeling he wasn't too welcome here so he decided to stand. Colin hadn't taken to much notice of the bodies, he'd seen enough back in Albany before he'd been forced to leave the city in chaos.

Colin reached his hand out to Joe to shake "Sorry for seeming a bit harsh there, but hey, you're still alive and if you are you have to be pretty good, between all of us I doubt that a full regiment could cause to many problems so what's an open door besides more customers, more money, and a more interesting life? The name is Colin, I hope you are more hospitable than that one." Colin turned his head towards Dachlan.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

The newcomer made his way to the table and extended his hand to me. I laughed hollowly as I regarded the hand and then its owner.

"The name's Joe Schwartz," I said as we shook. "And I am very far from alive."

My eyes darted to Josh to see his reaction to the words. I wasn't going to bother holding my tongue around him. I didn't know what DeVries had in store for him but one way or the other, I doubted he would be in a position to tell anyone after tonight.

"Grab a seat if you can find one intact," I offered to Colin. "The more the merrier seems to be the rule of the house. Though I can't understand why you'd want to get invovled in shit like this when you had nothing to do with it." Did he have nothing to do with it?

The table watched him as he joined and I continued to speak.

"What an open door is to me, is the potential for a pair of living eyes to see this and call the police. I don't think the Lady of the House needs anymore attention than she already has. And I don't know much about regiments but it only takes one man who knows the truth to find you sleeping in the day and reintroduce you to Mr. Golden Sun. My existence is interesting enough thanks."

I looked from Colin to DeVries and smiled. "As for DeVries. I've known him for all of about twenty minutes but he seems like a good enough man as long as you mind your manners." My smile broadened. "Unfortunately I didn't have many manners to begin with and lost most of those a long time ago."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well, Joe," Dachlan answered, "the door is now closed. And I'm not at all afraid of police or the lot. I'm not exactly without influence..."
He chuckled.
"As for manners, Mr. Schwartz, I was brought up in old British nobility, and I've learned there that it is really helpful to be nice to people and smile. You can smack their teeth in afterwards, if need be. But more often than not, it's not necessary."

---

Josh's mind reeled. All what was going on here...
"Not alive?" He asked. "I don't understand..."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:He chuckled.
"As for manners, Mr. Schwartz, I was brought up in old British nobility...
"Yeah, I figured as much. I can see it in you. But what manners I have I pretty much only pull out when dealing with humans. I usually don't bother when dealing with other bloodsuckers. You guys aren't the ones I need to impress or get to like me."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well Joe," Dachlan mused, "sometimes you avoid problems just by playing nice and showing good manners. You should try it occasionaly."
GALE Force Euro Wimp