I need hexes

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

I need hexes

Post by brianeyci »

I need hexes. Specifically, I need a PNG file that's 22 x 18.5 inches, with 0.5 inch hexsides. Or, an 88 x 74 inch PNG file filled with 0.5 inch hexsides. The hex lines can be any color, the lines fine, and the background white. It has to be in PNG or GIF or JPG or another graphics format, and not PDF.

I found a couple programs which generate hexes for me, but due to my computer ineptness I can't convert from PDF to a graphics file format, and my command line fu sucks so most of the programs I find I can't use. For the curious, I'm not playing pen and pencil but trying to generate maps for OpenRPG, so I require the map sheets in a file format my graphics editor can open.

I'm using GIMP, and for some reason GIMP can't open the PDF file even though it's got it listed under file type. Help much appreciated.

Here is the hex.pdf file I need converted to a graphics format. Thanks.
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Thanks Destructionator that's exactly what I needed.

Uh how did you do it :P.

I'll post the results here later.
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Imagemagick is nicer, and is often installed as a dependency anyway - "convert -density [dpi] h.pdf h.png"

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor