Songs that you absotively can not stand

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Dartzap wrote:
Bounty wrote:
kheegan wrote:The mid-90s group Aqua has some of the most irritating songs ever. Remember "Barbie Girl"? :kill:
Aqua was great. Cartoon Heroes and Doctor Jones are classics, you bastard!
"JONES, JONES, CALLING DOCTOR JONES!" :P Great lyrics. :lol:
Well...yes. They set out to make whimsical, slightly surreal feel-good throwaway pop and they did so quite well. They weren't cynical moneygrabbers or emo poser, just a few nutty Scandinavians who made songs about superheroes travelling in steampunk submersible spacecraft while fighting giant squids.

How can you hate that?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The fucking awful sounds they made while doing it. I hate them for the same reason I hate STEPS. God, fuck off, I get diabetes from just looking at photos of the bands.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Bounty wrote:How can you hate that?
With vigor and the greatest of ease.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Bounty wrote:
How can you hate that?
The same way my cock fills your mom's vagina. Totally.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Oz Bogan rock.

AC/DC. Cold Chisel. Pretty much all of that shit.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

AC/DC. That's the band where they screamed all the lyrics. Not sung, or even shouted, but actually screamed.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hey now, Rose Tattoo was the original Oz hard rock/punk group well before AC/DC and teh others, and they didn't scream their lyrics.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

General Zod wrote:
The Spartan wrote:Time of Your Life by Green Day

Also: Country and Western Music. (Worse... I live in fucking Texas).
At least with Country music it usually isn't blaring or horribly obnoxious, so you can typically ignore it.
Ignore it? Did you not read the last little bit? I live in Texas. Ignoring it is like ignoring someone sitting on your face. To use the vernacular: It just don't happen. There are large swathes of the state where the only radio you can pick up is country or infomercials helpfully explaining to you that you are not actually headed for Houston, but rather hell.

Not to mention my parents listen to it every fucking day. On the TV. On the radio in the house. On the radio in the car. I can't wait to move out. Spring. It's happening in the Spring... just a couple more months... then AC/DC, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Metallica from before they sucked... that will be good. Yes.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker