Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer teaser

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Lost Soal wrote:All that means, if he appears, is either a) he's computer generated, or b) the haven't announced/decided the actor playing him.
Were he computer generated, he'd still have an actor listed, because presumably he'll be talking (probably about how the hunger gnaws). The latter is possible, but it seems unlikely to me if they've already got the rest of the cast.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Hades
Jedi Knight

Post by Hades »

So they could be going with the Ultimate Marvel universe version of Galactecus where its a hive mind of millions of AI ships.
If at first you dont succeed.... destroy all evidence you ever tried
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Hades wrote:So they could be going with the Ultimate Marvel universe version of Galactecus where its a hive mind of millions of AI ships.
I don't see how that's less ridiculous than a giant man, who they can redesign if his hat is an issue.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Meest wrote:
Hades wrote:So they could be going with the Ultimate Marvel universe version of Galactecus where its a hive mind of millions of AI ships.
I don't see how that's less ridiculous than a giant man, who they can redesign if his hat is an issue.
Personally, as bizarre as the hat is, I prefer "Survivor of a previous incarnation of the universe, now bound to create another entire universe after this one has fallen to entropy" to "Swarm of giant robots who hate the very concept of intelligent life". It's just more...epic.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Plus Galactus without the hat just isn't Galactus.

I don't care if Ma and Pa Kettle think the hat is stupid, the hat IS Galactus. They will never fail to recognize Galactus if he gets to wear his hat.

Also, Galactus costumes for halloween would be much better with that hat.
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Further evidence (as if any were necessary) that Ultimate Marvel is little more than AU fan fiction. How is this any different from writing a story in which Obi-Wan Kenobi is not a Jedi Knight but rather a normal human cabin boy on board the Black Pearl? What is the point of this rubbish?
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
LaserRifleofDoom
Padawan Learner

Post by LaserRifleofDoom »

I hope Galactecus is a person. It's so iconic- a giant humanoid who wants to eat your planet. It's so insane you have to take it seriously.
The Technology of Peace!