---

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Young Umber has an emo-esque haircut. Somehow, I am completely unsurprised. :wink:
I think you mean Hoquer :P.

Foreboding haircut!
----
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Hey, I love that haircut! Sketch of a several thousand year old pose, eh?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Hey, I love that haircut! Sketch of a several thousand year old pose, eh?
I think I'd even put it past "several" at his point....
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:I think you mean Hoquer :P .
... I've got to stop posting after 1:00 AM.

Anyway, at risk of making myself look like a moron again, I've been wondering; Did another Zaa replace Dea after she was "deposed"? You haven't really expanded upon Zaa culture or history after the Syvorian conquest at all. Is there some sort of imperialistic governor assigned to their homeland, or are they allowed home rule of a sort? I wouldn't think that there would be any sort of occupying power required to keep them in line, considering the culture of honor codes and endentured servitude.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Anyway, at risk of making myself look like a moron again, I've been wondering; Did another Zaa replace Dea after she was "deposed"? You haven't really expanded upon Zaa culture or history after the Syvorian conquest at all. Is there some sort of imperialistic governor assigned to their homeland, or are they allowed home rule of a sort? I wouldn't think that there would be any sort of occupying power required to keep them in line, considering the culture of honor codes and endentured servitude.
There is always a designated leader of the Zaa, but never another "Queen". They have decided that Dea should not be merely replaced, not only for reasons of reverence (which are significant), but also simply due to the fact that their empire is in shambles and they feel that having a queen under such circumstances fundamentally undermines the spirit of the post. They'd put in another if Zaara were a respectable place to rule, but they don't think it is at the moment. Also, this designated leader person (and it changes) has been basically doing all the grunt work of leadership since the Surrender, since after that, Dea was mostly with Umber.

The Syvorians let the Zaa manage their own land, for three basic reasons: Zaa don't cause trouble, Syvoria needs its soliders elsewhere, and the land is pure crap. The Zaa live in the rocky areas, up in the mountains where no one else can survive anyway. As long as the Zaa stay in line--and they do--the Syvorians have no problem in letting them manage themselves.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

IIRC, there have been mentions of Zaa cities, but I would wager that those are the exception, not the rule. Syvorian azzarn seem to be more independent than Llanlleians, but I bet the Zaa make those in greater Syvoria look like friggin' commies. Most of them probably live alone or in very small groups, with wide territorial ranges in order to support themselves (unlike azzarn, they seem to be obligate carnivores) and, as mentioned, the crappy mountain terrain probably doesn't really support herding (although they could boost that with magic or something).

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm under the impression that there was never much managing to be done once the hostilities ceased.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh no, the Zaa are quite structured. They're an arrogant people and mimic the pure, cohesive society of Laaza for the sake of their vow.

---

Edge and Verdigris
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:Because he's easy to draw.

... Hence I draw him more.

...Hence he becomes easier to draw...

...Hence....
It's a vicious cycle. Nothing wrong with it mind.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

*Picks jaw up off of the floor.*

Pick, that is an amazing peice of art. I hope that there is a bigger version of that, like wallpaper-sized.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Sure, I can get a larger version up soon. Glad you like it! :)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Nifty doesn't begin to cover it.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Nifty doesn't begin to cover it.
I always feel the urge to remind people he's a badass, since it can be so easy to forget :oops:.

Visually works pretty well 8).
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Oh hell yes. You may not be big on making armor, but that came out quite well. That pose works beautifully, too.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Fucking awesome. General Imatra, Paladin of Death.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Lawful Good and violent about it.
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hold up, doesn't he cut his hair precisely because he doesn't want to look like a girl? I don't think that's going to cut it, Alder. :P
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

No, Alder cuts his hair because Llanlleians generally do so and Syvorians generally don't :P.

And this is the outfit Kesyl put on him, so it's her fault, not his :P.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:And this is the outfit Kesyl put on him, so it's her fault, not his :P.
I don't think Kesyl can be blamed for the shape of Alder's body. :wink:
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

A tiny, feminine scarf and weaponized bone saw.

Truly, the look of a versatile man. :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Why are people so harsh on his scarf :cry:?

(For those of you who don't follow the story, Alder and Zixer are the only male characters in a romantic relationship at the moment, with hot chicks Kesyl and Kamina, respectively.)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »