NFL Football Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Deuce McCalister, Ladies and Gentleman. The NO O-Line scrumming his ass over the goal line was a pretty fair summary of tonight's gameplay.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Shit almighty, did Reggie Bush survive that hit?! Wow. Fucking wow. Am I the only one who saw that?

edit: oh that's cute, some blonde chick had a shirt that said "fuck da eagles" :lol: I'm sure they wanted to get off that feed right fast.
I saw both, and it's still one of the hardest I've seen. The shirt was also pretty funny.

But seriously, I think they should have challenged that touchdown. It wouldn't have been overturned, but it was worth a shot.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Fucking Eagles.

This concludes this public service announcement.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Holy cow. The Colts came out and performed well. Peyton Manning, despite his low stat line and two interception hit some big throws when it counted and Dallas Clark came up with a big-time catch on a key third down. They held the ball for nearly the last seven minutes of the game, and when Baltimore tried to mount a last comeback, the defense snuffed it out before it even began.

The Saints-Eagles game was a good one, and shows exactly what is meant when a game is won and lost in the trenches. A gutty performance by the Eagles, but they just couldn't stop Deuce Mcallister late in the game.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Where both the Saints and Eagles last night afraid of meeting the Bears, because it seemed like they both tried to loose the game at the end. First the Saints just give the ball to the Eagles. Then the Eagles, on 4th and 15, punt. They fucking punt. Against a team whose rushing they hadn't stopped all night. You punt you loose, you go for it you only might loose. Ah well. Go Saints.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Where both the Saints and Eagles last night afraid of meeting the Bears, because it seemed like they both tried to loose the game at the end. First the Saints just give the ball to the Eagles. Then the Eagles, on 4th and 15, punt. They fucking punt. Against a team whose rushing they hadn't stopped all night. You punt you loose, you go for it you only might loose. Ah well. Go Saints.
That's one of the goddamn dumbest decisions I've seen out of Fat Andy in his entire tenure here, and I've seen a lot of dumb decisions out of him. There's less than two minutes left and you have two timeouts. You're down by three. If you go for it and miss, the Saints will have the ball in field goal range. So the fuck what? If you stop them and they kick a field goal, you can still beat them with a touchdown. If you don't stop them, it doesn't matter. They pick up the first down, they can kneel on the ball and end the game. Jesus Christ, how does the same guy who throws it on third and one at the three (another horrible decision that might have cost us the game) punt in that situation?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

RedImperator wrote:
Wicked Pilot wrote:Where both the Saints and Eagles last night afraid of meeting the Bears, because it seemed like they both tried to loose the game at the end. First the Saints just give the ball to the Eagles. Then the Eagles, on 4th and 15, punt. They fucking punt. Against a team whose rushing they hadn't stopped all night. You punt you loose, you go for it you only might loose. Ah well. Go Saints.
That's one of the goddamn dumbest decisions I've seen out of Fat Andy in his entire tenure here, and I've seen a lot of dumb decisions out of him. There's less than two minutes left and you have two timeouts. You're down by three. If you go for it and miss, the Saints will have the ball in field goal range. So the fuck what? If you stop them and they kick a field goal, you can still beat them with a touchdown. If you don't stop them, it doesn't matter. They pick up the first down, they can kneel on the ball and end the game. Jesus Christ, how does the same guy who throws it on third and one at the three (another horrible decision that might have cost us the game) punt in that situation?
Andy Reid snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again? Say it ain't so! :lol:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The Eagles should have gone for it instead of kicking that last field goal, which did nothing but cover some point spreads. You sure Reid wasn't possessed by Marty Schottenheimer or something?
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

almost time for me to break out the Marty Schottenheimer Voo Doo doll. The best part about that it i can just leave it on the coffee table and watch it put a hex on itself.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

He pulled a reverse Schottenheimer early on. Instead of kicking a long FG in the first quarter he went for it on.... 4th and 11? What? Jeepers. It's still early but there's the beginnings of some choke-action going on in the offense...
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:He pulled a reverse Schottenheimer early on. Instead of kicking a long FG in the first quarter he went for it on.... 4th and 11? What? Jeepers. It's still early but there's the beginnings of some choke-action going on in the offense...
pats draw first blood with a FG and now Marty's Boyz cough up the ball in the red zone.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

INCOMPLETE PASS MY ROYAL IRISH ASS!!!!!!
Darth Garden Gnome

LT gets it done.
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

The Eagles/Saints games was dictated primarilly by three key mistakes for the Eagles.

1.) Passing on a 3 and 1. Seriously, it's like they didn't fucking learn from the Dallas game.
2.) A ruthlessly stupid offsides call.
3.) The punt.

While I'm certaintly pleasantly suprised that the Eagles got that far. What the fuck? The Eagles had that game in the fucking palm of their hands.

Oh well, next year.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

That NOS Guy wrote:Oh well, next year.
They should make a huge banner that says "Next Year" and hang it off the Walt Whitman Bridge. It might as well be this town's fucking motto.
X-Ray Blues
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

RedImperator wrote: They should make a huge banner that says "Next Year" and hang it off the Walt Whitman Bridge. It might as well be this town's fucking motto.
QFT.

I think Philadelphia's plight is more then enough evidence for a sadistic God.
Darth Garden Gnome

Bolts on the verge of pulling a world class choke job here...
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

FUCKING CARDIAC KIDS. Why can't we just blow teams out? :roll: The 3rd quarter killed us, we committed the one big turnover on the muffed punt return and the Patriots had the ball almost the entire quarter. Them getting that touchdown at the end of the half is also important. Our defense's been great but they've been out there SO FUCKING LONG they stopped bending and started breaking.

2 minute warning, THRILLING, either we're down by 3 or 7 or we get lucky and the Pats make a mistake. Hell if they get a 1st down, we may not have more than a few seconds to come back. :roll: :evil:

edit: 1:10 or all of 70 seconds, no time outs, and a squib kick coming up! God this season has been full of bullshit comebacks, time to pray for just one more.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

:roll:
Darth Garden Gnome

And there's your ballgame...

Seems to me that fumbled interception was the kill shot. They had the Pats right where they wanted them and blew it.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:And there's your ballgame...

Seems to me that fumbled interception was the kill shot. They had the Pats right where they wanted them and blew it.
Agreed. The fumbled interception was the biggest point of the game, since it would've killed the Pats' drive and allowed LT to kill time.

What a choke.

I guess Brady is the hero, now, because his interception that should've killed his team's season was left on the ground and one of his teammates was able to recover it. :roll:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Ahhh Fuck.

I wonder who wins the imminent Saints-Patriots Superbowl.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:And there's your ballgame...

Pretty much.

Well... *ahem*

This guy was our old QB:

and this guy was my high school's running back:

and for reasons relating to this, a badly photoshopped pic, the Saints are America's team anyway...

and without further adieu, Image,

GO SAINTS!

:lol:

Shameless? Maybe, but I am, if anything, an optimist. :wink:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Jenna Jameson wrote:I hear you guys might need a new coach. I don't know much about football, but I guarantee I won't choke on the big one!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Speaking of choke jobs, I hope Peyton Manning has yet another one next week.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P