Songs I hate with a blinding rage

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The one that came out a few years ago now - "Who Let the Dogs Out?!", I really hated that song. And even though I broadly like late 70s to 1980s music, for some reason or another I have little time for Blondie (although I don't dislike her music per se).

And what about that Crazy fucking Frog thing that was all the rage a couple of summers ago? :finger:
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:My biggest pet peeve iw when celebrities dick around with the national anthem. That's why I liked Billy Joel's performance at the Superbowl this year: he SANG THE FUCKING SONG, and he didn't dick around with it the way most celebs in the past have done.
Yes! Thank you!

Remember the New Orleans singers singing the national anthem at the last super bowl? I was actually thinking that they might do a decent job. They rid me of that idea pretty quickly. I mean honestly, how long can you drag out one single word?!?
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Darth Wong wrote:
Discombobulated wrote:I like Josh Groban's voice a lot - he's a classically trained baritone (tenor?) - but the lyrics are what bother me. They're ridiculously inane and sappy, and even when he sings in Italian he uses the word "amore" so much that you'd have to be deaf not to realize it's the same insipid shit. Honestly, why can't these pop/classical crossover singers have some sort of emotional range in their songs? All of it is variations on the following themes: "You hurt me but I still love you come baaaaack", "ZOMG I AM SO TOTALLY IN LOVE", "I was insecure but you loved me and cured all my neuroses", and "No idea what'll happen tomorrow but right now I love you so let's pretend tonight is forever".

In other words, he's basically Celine Dion with a penis. What a waste of talent.
My sister in law has the Josh Groban album with that "You lift me up" song on it. Whenever she plays it, my brother likes to sing over it as loudly as he can, with his own modified lyrics. When Josh Groban sings "You lift me up so I can stand on mountains" my brother yells "You lift me up so you can suck my ass". He makes a point of doing it every single time, and my sister in law has now commented that he's ruined the song for her by association, because he's done it so often that she can't help but hear him doing that in her head whenever she plays the song. Victory.
Ha! Victory indeed. :D
Rye wrote:That's pretty insipid, but it's got nothing on this. In my humble opinion, of course. :D
Holy shit, that's awful. Those just might be the worst two opening lines I've ever heard. "When I die and they lay me to rest / Gonna go to the place that's the best." THE PLACE THAT'S THE BEST. That just may be the most trite, contrived, uncreative rhyme I've ever heard. Having such a horrendous second line to a song should be a fucking felony.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to listen to some real music before I start bleeding from my ears.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

Big Orange wrote:And what about that Crazy fucking Frog thing that was all the rage a couple of summers ago? :finger:
Two words: frog, legs. Or, if you prefer, frog, gigging. Or perhaps even, Froggy went a-courtin', screwed over Ms Mouse, and her father explained things to Froggy with a 12-gauge. However you like it, froggy ain't no more. And there was much rejoicing.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I've considered getting the Crazy Frog thing and playing that live if the crowd don't get going. Hahaha. "Right, you don't like us and we don't like you... but we have the PA system! Muwahahahahah! [Crazy Frog song]" I hate that so much, but the sadist in me would use it on an unreactive crowd, it'd also be good to start it, then when everyone looks disgusted, come in with an enormous fucking blast beat, scream and a load of guitar triplets and drown it out with a wall of hate-blasted sound.

One of these days I'll try it. Honest.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

Discombobulated wrote:Holy shit, that's awful. Those just might be the worst two opening lines I've ever heard. "When I die and they lay me to rest / Gonna go to the place that's the best." THE PLACE THAT'S THE BEST. That just may be the most trite, contrived, uncreative rhyme I've ever heard. Having such a horrendous second line to a song should be a fucking felony.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to listen to some real music before I start bleeding from my ears.
Gareth Gates certainly deserves to be scorned and hated, but he didn't write that song. It was written by one Norman Greenbaum.

Regarding the Crazy Frog (in case you forgot :evil:), there was a video game at one point. I kid you not. Oh, and the TV ad for the ringtone got banned because his wee froggy tadger was hanging out. :shock:
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Regarding the Crazy Frog (SNIP LINK - Health & Safety), there was a video game at one point. I kid you not.
A video game? A video game? There were twoof these unnatural abominations. Yeah. Two. That's three more than I can stomach.

Fuck that frog. Fuck em, fuck em, fuck em and fuck every little peabrained shit that can stand his fucking ass.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

andrewgpaul wrote:
Discombobulated wrote:Holy shit, that's awful. Those just might be the worst two opening lines I've ever heard. "When I die and they lay me to rest / Gonna go to the place that's the best." THE PLACE THAT'S THE BEST. That just may be the most trite, contrived, uncreative rhyme I've ever heard. Having such a horrendous second line to a song should be a fucking felony.

Gareth Gates certainly deserves to be scorned and hated, but he didn't write that song. It was written by one Norman Greenbaum.
I always have to laugh at the irony of a Jew making millions off a song about having a friend in Jesus. I wonder what his mother thinks of it.
And that Garret Gates dude needs to bne shot for taking a Semi-decent song and destroying it like that. Heck, he needs to be shot for trying to make money singing with that voice at all
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

andrewgpaul wrote:
Regarding the Crazy Frog (in case you forgot :evil:), there was a video game at one point. I kid you not. Oh, and the TV ad for the ringtone got banned because his wee froggy tadger was hanging out. :shock:
That's something that always fucking annoyed me about the crazy frog ASIDE from the laziest POS song ever (wow, the only musical part of the song is the Beverly Hills Cop theme we stole!), frogs don't have penises! They have cloacas!
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

For me to truly hate a song, I have to think it's terrible and have it get stuck in my head. The only songs to do this to me are "Sk8er boi" and, for some reason, anything by an American Idol winner. It's not even a case of me hating the show (which I do, a lot), and hating the songs put out by the winners on principle. I independantly hate them before realizing who made them.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

I got reminded today how much I hate Meatloaf. That was the loss, big time.
Image Image
LeftWingExtremist
Padawan Learner

Post by LeftWingExtremist »

I once saw on youtube a heavy metal (I think) version of "I want you/she's so heavy" by the beatles. Bad. In fact at the danger of hurting somone I kinda hate heavy metal in general.

PS: I think I may have found it again, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgYNME_vLnE

"...And everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - eclipse, Pink Floyd.
Grandtheftcow
Youngling

Post by Grandtheftcow »

Motherfucking Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

Bet the detainies at Gitmo love that ear bleeding chorus :x
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

That fucking Fergilicious (however the fuck you spell it) song. I really, really hate those songs that celebrate the narcissism of the singer- they're so hot, they're so fine, everyone wants them, look at their funky moves, they'e so badass, blah blah blah blah.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
LeftWingExtremist
Padawan Learner

Post by LeftWingExtremist »

Vympel wrote:That fucking Fergilicious (however the fuck you spell it) song. I really, really hate those songs that celebrate the narcissism of the singer- they're so hot, they're so fine, everyone wants them, look at their funky moves, they'e so badass, blah blah blah blah.
Thats probably why I hate most rap songs. (or something similar to the above statement)

"...And everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - eclipse, Pink Floyd.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

my hates are pretty basic: Hollaback Girl, and my humps, along with some souless electric jazz from the nineteen eightites, and that fucking abortion of music that is "Evangelical Christian Country" especially ones that talk about how saddam was responsible for 911, and how it's all because their's too many athiests in this world....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Vympel wrote:That fucking Fergilicious (however the fuck you spell it) song. I really, really hate those songs that celebrate the narcissism of the singer- they're so hot, they're so fine, everyone wants them, look at their funky moves, they'e so badass, blah blah blah blah.
That and the repetitive vocal inflections where she drags out certain vowels, like saying "flo-aah" instead of "floor", and the EXACT same rhyme scheme in every fucking song. No wonder her first band failed, but I can't account for the recent one.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Grandtheftcow wrote:Motherfucking Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

I like that song. Though I like the Niggas Darkley version better. :P
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Grandtheftcow wrote:Motherfucking Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

I don't get why people hate this song, I think it's quite well put together, I'm guessing it was just overplayed? Serves you right for watching TV or listening to the radio. :P
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

"Linger" by the Cranberries....

...sweet bouncing buttplugged baby Jesus, it's stuck in my head with the mere association of "song" and "hate"...

That godawful, buzzing, whistling-snot harmony...pain, the pain.

*shoots self*

:cry:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Grandtheftcow
Youngling

Post by Grandtheftcow »

Rye wrote:I don't get why people hate this song, I think it's quite well put together, I'm guessing it was just overplayed? Serves you right for watching TV or listening to the radio. :P
I find I can't stand any high pitched ball squeezing lyrics. That one just stands out because it's still somewhat current.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Trogdor touched upon a new one for me in the other thread: Me and God. I just heard it this weekend, once, and I already want to claw my eyes out to make it stop. Yes, it's that bad; that I want to claw out my eyes rather than rip off my ears to make it stop.

I hate "The Lord's Army." It's a repetitive children's song: "I want to march in the infantry, ride in the cavalry, shoot the artillery. Something, Something. I don't remember. I'm in the Lord's army, YES SIR!" That's it. Over and over and over again.

Frank reminded of me of the Cranberries so I need to add in their song "Zombie." For pretty much the same reason he cited "Linger." That nasally chirping noise she makes.

I've managed to avoid most of the other ones mentioned in the thread, but the one that seems to take the trophy is the same one OKD nominated, "The Little Girl." That came out back when I was still a card carrying fundy-tard and I hated it back then because of just how clumsy and hamfisted it is. I mean, it's Really. Bad.

Really most country just pisses me the fuck off. If I never have to listen to another country song again it'll be too fucking soon.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Grandtheftcow
Youngling

Post by Grandtheftcow »

The Spartan wrote:Really most country just pisses me the fuck off. If I never have to listen to another country song again it'll be too fucking soon.
You're not missing much in country music. Lately I've noticed an increase in rip off cover songs from far better older rock songs. The latest offender is a butchering of The Weight by The Band.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Who butchered it?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Damn, well given how much they keep trying to hide from the end result of the civil war, I'm not suprised they didn't follow the obvious lead, and cover "The Night They Drove old Dixie Down". :twisted:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin