[Music] Jesus, Take the Wheel

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I thought his liscence was perminatly revoked after the whole "Water into wine" incident, besides if you saw that hippie ghost behind the wheel, wouldn't you pull him over at least to check for pot?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I thought his liscence was perminatly revoked after the whole "Water into wine" incident, besides if you saw that hippie ghost behind the wheel, wouldn't you pull him over at least to check for pot?
Even if it wasn't revoked, I don't think he's licensed to drive anything faster than a donkey or mule.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Mike, compared to some country music out there, that song was actually pretty subtle, believe it or not. For instance, once while listening to a country station my ex likes, we heard this:
Josh Turner wrote:There ain't nothing that can't be done
By me and God
Ain't nobody come in between me and God
One day we'll live together
Where the angels trod
Me and God

Early in the morning talking it over
Me and God
Late at night talking it over
Me and God
You could say where like two peas in a pod
Me and God

He's my Father
He's my friend
The beginning
And the end
He rules the world
With a staff and rod
We're a team
Me and God

I am weak and he is strong
Me and God
He forgives me when I'm wrong
Me and God
He's the one I lean on
When life gets hard
Me and God

He's my Father
He's my friend
The beginning
And the end
He rules the world
With a staff and rod
We're a team
Me and God

He rules the world
With a staff and rod
We're a team
Me and God

We're a team
Me and God
This song is even more hilariously awful when you hear it, and me, my ex, and our friend were all laughing about it for several minutes.

BTW, is it just me, or are some of the lyrics amazingly arrogant? "We're like two peas in pod" sounds a lot like, "I'm just like god!" to me.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader