overplayed music you still like.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

overplayed music you still like.

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I admit I'm still a Zeplin and ACDC fan, despite how much they've overplayed them on th radio....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

I was actually going to say ACDC myself...
Grandtheftcow
Youngling

Post by Grandtheftcow »

Billy Talent is pretty much constantly played in Canada (probably the Canadian content laws) but I don't mind since they're at least different from the majority of new mainstream rock dribble.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Pretty much AC/DC, Queen, and Ozzy stuff.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

NIN- Closer, any Pantera. Korn - Freak on a Leash.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

AC/DC is much more satisfying when you admit there's a little part inside yourself that's willing to don some short-shorts and jump on the furniture like a 4th-grader. Queen is also a little like that, but not necessarily the same ballpark.

I like a staggering amount of Evanescence. :oops: More so without Ben Moody, more still when I avoid anyone else who likes them.

Are Yaz, ZZ Top, Laura Branigan, Whitesnake, and Cyndi Lauper still overplayed? If so add them too.
By His Word...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Utsanomiko wrote:AC/DC is much more satisfying when you admit there's a little part inside yourself that's willing to don some short-shorts and jump on the furniture like a 4th-grader. Queen is also a little like that, but not necessarily the same ballpark.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

If it's music that I really like I don't consider it overplayed at all. So no I can't answer as to what bands or songs I think are overplayed but still good.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Utsanomiko wrote:Are Yaz, ZZ Top, Laura Branigan, Whitesnake, and Cyndi Lauper still overplayed? If so add them too.
Those are only overplayed for you because of how you have your Pandora profile configured. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Anything by Pink.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Anything by The Beatles, Queen, Beethoven & ACDC. Apart from that I don't like the vast majority of radio music here in Israel (I don't like most songs in hebrew that much anyway, especially radio crap)
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2007-02-21 02:05am, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

ZZ Top, T. Rex, Bowie, Gnarles Barkley, The Beatles.
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Led Zep, Bowie, ACDC, Queen & Evanescence.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."