Random mech doodle

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

loomer
Sith Marauder

Random mech doodle

Post by loomer »

Purchased a scanner recently, and I got bored and then remembered a promise I'd made to the Muffinking, so I scanned a mech I did a while back, partially coloured it, and sharpened it up a little. Figured I'd include it here as well, see what other people think. Essentially the first real mecha I've ever drawn, and I know the back legs are a little off proportion wise. The blue areas are by far and large ablative armour plating, designed to provide additional protection for the fairly sensitive inner workings.

"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Cool beans! Have you considered a perspective drawing of this mecha?
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Not yet, no. I'll add it to the list, though.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A