NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Gary Roberts to Pittsburgh

Hmm very interesting :)
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Guy would have to be nuts to pass up the opportunity to play with Sid, Malkin et al.

And so the trade deadline is upon us... keep your eyes glued to TSN.ca! Bill Guerin, Todd Bertuzzi, Jason Blake, they all need a new home as we begin our drive through the stretch run and into the post season...

EDIT: You can stream TSN's TradeCenter here, if you like.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Burak Gazan wrote:Gary Roberts to Pittsburgh

Hmm very interesting :)
Maybe he'll actually stay healthy this year, but I'm not holding my breath.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Martin Biron to Phily, and the Sabres pick up Ty Conklin from Columbus. And the Penguins acquire Georges Laraque from Phoenix for Dan Carcillo and an 8th round pick. Looks like Penguins wanted a deterrent to protect the kids after all :)
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Darth Garden Gnome

Guerin to San Jose, three way deal, details to follow...
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Looks like amended to just a normal 2-way deal between the Blues and the Sharks, 1st round pick and futures
Darth Garden Gnome

Yeah, Dreger says just the two teams involved.

San Jose is looking awfully scary with the addition of Billy Guerin... They have the best depth at forward in the West, I'd say only Buffalo has a deeper forward corps left in the league.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

At this rate St. Louis is going to be the only team drafting in the 1st round.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Darth Garden Gnome

Bertuzzi to Detroit.

Conditional pick, prospect.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Crikey, Perreault back to the Leafs, in that once-every-four-years or so thing they seem to do with him :P

Going the other way is Bell and a draft pick
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Bertuzzi to Detroit.

Conditional pick, prospect.
You go out for food, and the things you miss :wink:

I thought his net worth was a cheese sandwich and a bag of pucks? I think Detroit got hosed :P
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Coming fast and furious now; Dainius Zubrus and a prospect to Buffalo in exchange for Jiri Novotny and a 1st round pick to the Caps
Darth Garden Gnome

This is a pretty good deal. Marginal prospect (Shawn Matthias) and a conditional pick. Conditions include:

If Bertuzzi re-signs with Detroit, it becomes a second rounder.
It is based on his performance with the team and the number of games played. If Detroit makes it to the WCF, or Todd performs very well, it can become a first rounder.

I'm very happy with this deal. Big time reward for minimal risk.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

This is ridiculous. Almost all of the Canadian sports website are as slow as the Sarlacc's digestion at the moment. Even most of the team forums (Calgarypuck, etc...) are slow or busy as well. God bless the Trade Deadline.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Guerin to San Jose, three way deal, details to follow...
Getting beat again by Anaheim at the Tank must have been quite devastating. Well FUCK Burkie who are you going to get now?

Bertuzzi is a joke, But then again he is probably a hero in Detroit for nearly crippling an Avs player.

Laraque and Roberts to Pittsburgh very interesting, we follow the Pens in the DF Household secondly to the Ducks.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2007-02-27 03:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Guerin to San Jose, three way deal, details to follow...
Getting beat again by Anaheim at the Tank must have been quite devastating.

Well FUCK Burkie who are you going to get?
Brad "The Bounty Hunter" May.

Quick, somebody photoshop a shitty Star Wars bounty hunter so it looks like Brad May.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Garden Gnome

Deadline's over. Anaheim grabbed Brad May, but I think he was pretty happy with who he had. He was on TradeCenter saying he makes more of his deals in the off season and, you know, he grabbed Pronger and everything.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

BRAD MAY?????? The same May who was wrecked by Todd Fedoruk last year in their brawl at the Pond? The same shoulder injury Brad May?

Aw man...I don't know bout this....
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Apparently Ryan Smyth is now an Islander. Or something.

Confirmed:

TO NYI:
Ryan Smyth

TO EDM:
Ryan O'Marra
Robert Nilsson
1st Round Pick

Hopefully Smyth cuts his hair.
Last edited by Archon on 2007-02-27 03:42pm, edited 2 times in total.
In Omnia Paratus.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

:shock:

Ryan Smyth dealt to Islanders?? Holy frak, talk about cutting the heart out of your team; details coming out *right now

OK, Smyth to Island for Robert Nillson, Ryan Omarra and a 1st round pick
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Damn. Burak posted before I finished my edit even though I scooped it first.

*shakes cast enclosed fist*
In Omnia Paratus.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

:lol:

I was trying to type and read the tv screen with the other eye, so it was a tough go . Boy , thats going to be the talk talk on the call in shows for a few days. But not the first time the Oil has done something like it though. I just wonder what their fans are going to say about it.
Darth Garden Gnome

Oilers call it quits on '07 when they can't re-sign their guy... crazy deal.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Indeed DGG, I can't wait to see how they spin this for the fans they just told to go home and hope Calgary does well in the playoffs.

Wayne's on TSN now commenting on the deal, and his own stuff -- mostly pure vanilla, and planning for the future with picks and kids, etc
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Hmm...

The Oilers make out like bandits if Smyth resigns in Edmonton in the off season.

EDIT:

Norstrom to Dallas.
In Omnia Paratus.