Homestyling tip request, Bedroom

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Homestyling tip request, Bedroom

Post by Faram »

Okay, I am at home with a cold so being my restless self I decided to get starting on fixing up my bedroom.

I am reasonably happy with the rest of the rooms, But I am fresh out of ideas in the bedroom.

Some images, and no I dont sleep on the madress like that, the cover is in the washmacine.

Any ideas? My budget is 10.000kr or $1500us

Exluding a new bed for 14.000kr that I will buy soon.

The dimensions are 3,3m * 2,9m
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I'd put a desk up against the wall to the left of the window (maybe one with a corner extension so you have a larger workspace around the PC), turn the bed 90° and put it on the far-right side of the windowed wall with the your head against the outer wall, invest in a nice fuzzy carpet, maybe repaint the walls in a soft yellow to give the impression of more space...and you should definitely replace the curtains with shorter, less transparent ones.
Faram

Post by Faram »

Bounty wrote:I'd put a desk up against the wall to the left of the window (maybe one with a corner extension so you have a larger workspace around the PC), turn the bed 90° and put it on the far-right side of the windowed wall with the your head against the outer wall, invest in a nice fuzzy carpet, maybe repaint the walls in a soft yellow to give the impression of more space...and you should definitely replace the curtains with shorter, less transparent ones.
Last thing first.

The curtains have a extra set behind them that I can close for almost complete darkness.

It is only at night that I do that, I like light.

Moving the desk and the bed, Think I will do that.

Fuzzy mat... Naa dont like them to much dust.

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

The curtains have a extra set behind them that I can close for almost complete darkness.

It is only at night that I do that, I like light.
I'd still consider new ones, though. The current set look like they were made from leftover stockings.
Fuzzy mat... Naa dont like them to much dust.
That's what I thought, too, but they do add bit a of homeliness that a hardwood floor just can't replace.

I'm a sucker for cozy rooms, though. If you prefer utilitarian or minimalistic design, ignore me :)

What style are you after, anyway?
Faram

Post by Faram »

Bounty wrote:I'm a sucker for cozy rooms, though. If you prefer utilitarian or minimalistic design, ignore me :)

What style are you after, anyway?
I am more of a minemalist, less is more.

What style.. Do not know really perhaps simple elegant and cozy.

SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Which direction does the window face and what hours of sunlight do you get up in the frozen north?
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:Which direction does the window face and what hours of sunlight do you get up in the frozen north?
South-southeast, going by the clock.