----

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

----

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:56pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I like the "random fun!" one, that kind of look like a cityscape. Gives me the vibe of the background from those semi-abstract science fiction paperback covers that were all the rage in the 1970s.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

They turned out really well, especially considering you dislike the medium so much. I wouldn't kick any of those off of my wall.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Is that man in the suit Phenoix Wright? :P

In any event, those are all quite good. I even like the abstract ones; they have more substance than a lot of the pieces of the same style.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Is that man in the suit Phenoix Wright? :P
No, but it was inspired by the awesome over-expression of the characters in it. I love how there's nothing between "mortified", "furious", and "I IS WINNER!" :)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:56pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Very nice!

Though I totally visually misread Shinrian for a moment... :P

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Though I totally visually misread Shinrian for a moment... :P
... As?

Oh, and people who follow the story might realize that Shinrian's a girl now. Yeah, kind of a random decision, but I'm sticking with it.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Though I totally visually misread Shinrian for a moment... :P
... As?
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but at first I seriously misread her leg as a ginormous erect penis. :oops:

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Aah, of course! It makes perfect sense considering my normal artistic fare :lol:!

Oh you crazy men :).
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Ah yes, speaking of projectionism...

Damn fine oil paintings, I think.
By His Word...
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:Aah, of course! It makes perfect sense considering my normal artistic fare :lol:!

Oh you crazy men :).
I thought maybe you were branching out. :P

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Pretty....and after reading Spankys post, I can't not look at that leg without seeing penis.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Aaah, well, that's fine :). At least now I know my artwork can be read on several different levels, aye?

I might fix it a bit due to that, but it's all in good humor :P.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

You have earned my envy, and my respect. That's some damn fine painting, if I do say so. In fact, all that art is good. Hence the envy.
What I particularly like is the "What I offer is power" one. That's very nice indeed.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:You have earned my envy, and my respect. That's some damn fine painting, if I do say so. In fact, all that art is good. Hence the envy.
What I particularly like is the "What I offer is power" one. That's very nice indeed.
Thank you very much :). I'm always striving to improve.
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

You've only been at this for a month? I would've ventured a few months at least. Really nice work :D
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2009-07-18 06:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Woah, seeing their human incarnations is really interesting. Hoquer's still a big guy, and I never thought I'd use the words "fucking awesome" to describe Zixer's wardrobe.

Seing the vegan commies in such a capitalistic profession is also intensely ironic.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Your females are quite attractive, I might say, and do believe I will :)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Woah, seeing their human incarnations is really interesting. Hoquer's still a big guy,
It'd seem really wrong to have him be even approximately the same height as the others. It just... humor or no, it's not right!
and I never thought I'd use the words "fucking awesome" to describe Zixer's wardrobe.
... A sweater?
Seing the vegan commies in such a capitalistic profession is also intensely ironic.
Hey, they can be vicious fuckers :P.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:
and I never thought I'd use the words "fucking awesome" to describe Zixer's wardrobe.
... A sweater?
Not just the sweater. The glasses, hair and pose gives him an air of awesome. See, the standards shift dramatically in his favor now that he's human. :D
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:
Pick wrote:
... A sweater?
Not just the sweater. The glasses, hair and pose gives him an air of awesome. See, the standards shift dramatically in his favor now that he's human. :D
... But he's still an asshole :lol:!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:... But he's still an asshole :lol:!
Money's a much better motive than religion. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:
Pick wrote:... But he's still an asshole :lol:!
Money's a much better motive than religion. :P
It's not religion, it's a moral philosophy :P. I kept religion the hell away from Kiyao. It would fuck up everything.