Civil War Parodies

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rawtooth
Padawan Learner

Civil War Parodies

Post by Rawtooth »

In light of the hate towards Civil War recently exhibited, I figured some of you would appreciate these. Not by my hand, enjoy. :P

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

And as a bonus, Mark Millar's thoughts towards the fans!

Bonus page
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Capt A: "Bitchsezwhat?"

Bitch: "What?"

:lol: Oh god, I laughed so hard what I read that! And I like how Wolvie's vocabulary is two words! This sucker is bookmarked!
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

This probably violates all sorts of copyright laws.

So get it while it's hot.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

That's fucking brilliant. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Incidentally, the byplay is much more entertaining then the actual "story".

"Reinforced Glass Peter! Blog about THAT shit!"
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Those sodding bastards. They have that goddamn Black Eye Peas song stuck in my head. With Will Farrell singing it from the promos for that fucking ice skating movie. Now I hate Captain America. Because it's his face that's singing it!

Make. It. STOP!

snik bub bub snik snik bub!
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Well Daredevil, or should I call you Matt Murdock? Or Danny Rand? Fuck it it doesn't matter, so long as we got one of you.

"My name is Fred! I'm just a guy in a costume! Look, I'm not even blind!"

Yeah yeah, sure buddy.

:lol:
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

This is funny, and I don't even follow the comics (much less be-bop).

One question, though-- since I don't follow the comics-- how much of the dialogue has been changed? Some of it is obvious, but some... well, I could see it in a Marvel or DC rag. And how close is the dialogue overall to the original storyline?

Even for someone on the outside, though, it is still awesome!
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Some random civilian wrote:Oh God! A horrible disaster in New York City! Who could have predicted this?
and
Random cop wrote:Move along, move along, nothing to see here, please disperse, just another superhero fight, there'll be another one next Tuesday, move along...
The truth shall set you free!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rawtooth
Padawan Learner

Post by Rawtooth »

Stofsk wrote:This probably violates all sorts of copyright laws.
I believe it would fall under the parody portion of fair use law.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

The 9-11 Heroes! Firechief! Police-Man! Paramedic! :lol:
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I loved the Atlantis scene. First Susan Richards fawning over Namor's magnificent regal genitalia. Then the whole part where she asks for help and Namor says no on the grounds that he can't give assistance to an insurrection against the government of the United States.

"But- come on, you invade the surface world every other year!"

"Yes, and inevitably there's reparations. It's a lucky thing Atlantis is insanely rich or it might actually become too expensive to keep up with the traditional invasion cycle."

The best part is that it almost sounds like what would really be in the comic.
Last edited by Adrian Laguna on 2007-03-02 09:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

That was worth it for how they handle Captain America alone.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

:D Good stuff. I especially liked how they dealt with Robo-Thor. "10: SMITE! 20: GOTO 10". That alone is sig-worthy.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I have a question, I just finished reading the issue 7 parody (lol Cap cries zomg) and Iron Man says at the end, "Now that I'm director of SHIELD I can keep all my friend's secret identities secret."

Um. I get that this is a parody. But in the actual comic, does he actually become head of SHIELD, and actually could conceivably keep all the registered superheroes secret identities secret? Was that an actual line in the comic, or was it implied in the comic if not an actual line?
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I was wondering the same thing as Stofsk because it seems odd to me that it would be politically acceptable for Stark to be the head of SHIELD after being forced to resign as the Secretary of Defense during the whole Avengers: Dissassembled storyline.

It's possible he may have convinced him that he was a victim of the Scarlet Witch at the time but no one seemed to believe him then so unless that was another aspect of the Scarlet Witch's hex then I have a tough time believing they'd make him head of SHIELD, even with a boatload of campaign contributions.

Considering the shady stuff that SHIELD was doing in the Savage Land I'm surprised that they'd even let Stark get close to running SHIELD let alone actually run it.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Adrian Laguna wrote:The best part is that it almost sounds like what would really be in the comic.
The whole thing read like an episode of The Venture Bros. Especially the bits with the Fantastic Four. Great stuff.

"...Including Dr. Strange, who I guess picked a side after the war. This is why science beats magic."

NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

10: SMITE!
20: GO TO 10

Best battlecry ever
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The Thor-clone got a BSD! :lol:
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

"See my face? This is my face while fucking you in the ass."

"Ok, look, here's my wallet. See a New Warrior's membership card? No. But LOOK, a credit card with no limit!"

"If you want some of my 'repulsor ray', i should tell you that i'm seeing Shakira now and we're very happy."

I LOL'd about fifty times reading that (excellent) parody, but why does Iron Douche get all the really funny lines. :P

Oh and, best joke in the whole thing: "Did he COME!?!"

Some faceless stooge of Stark's commenting on Sue and Johnny Storm doing things God never meant for a brother and sister to do...at least not in publuc.
Kanye West Saves.

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:"See my face? This is my face while fucking you in the ass."
That is actually a quote from Millar's book Wanted. Someone just lifted the last monolog from that book and put it on some of the CW stuff and it fits pretty well. :lol: It also might explain a few things as well. :wink:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I see Wolverine saying nothing but "snikt bub" and I can't help but think of Pikachu. They are both yellow, after all... :lol:
XXXI
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Never read the comics and I found it damned hilarious. I liked Thor's battlecry and the thoughts going through cap's head as he broke out of shield was nice.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Adrian Laguna wrote:I loved the Atlantis scene. First Susan Richards fawning over Namor's magnificent regal genitalia. Then the whole part where she asks for help and Namor says no on the grounds that he can't give assistance to an insurrection against the government of the United States.

"But- come on, you invade the surface world every other year!"

"Yes, and inevitably there's reparations. It's a lucky thing Atlantis is insanely rich or it might actually become too expensive to keep up with the traditional invasion cycle."
So do Alanteans go upstream to spawn? :lol: