Fan Soundtracks

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Fan Soundtracks

Post by InnerBrat »

OK, so I belong to this LJ community that amuses itself by putting together mix tapes for fandoms on certain monthly theme.

February's romantic theme was Marrieds, and it seems my fandoms are woefully short on married couples. However, I could think of one couple who did get married, luckily belonging to an insular society that permits interspecies marriage. And that's Fabletown's very own Snow White and Bigby Wolf, so I present here:

And They Call It Puppy Love: A Bigby/Snow Fanmix

SPOILER WARNING: Fables up to issue #50 and 1,001 Nights of Snowfall

I'll be honest here; Bigby/Snow is not my OTP to end all OTPs. They're not even my favourite characters from the series. They both have issues up the wazoo which they've had to work through and as the current storyline proves, they're by no means through that with their wedding.But they're both interesting characters with long histories, and are very much in love, which makes for a very sweet storyline, even if it's perhaps a little too cutesy romance sometimes.

All songs are up for listening to on my Vox account. These are streamed, and can't be downloaded, because that would be illegal.

Front Cover | Back Cover

Guess I'll have to find a way of hosting these images so they can be hotlinked. Oh well.

Pre-Invasion: Snow
Some Day My Prince Will Come - Adriana Caselotti [Lyrics] [Listen]
Snow White was an innocent at first: a hopeless romantic who clung desperately to the hope of a prince who'd take her to live happily ever after in his rich fancy castle. A bit like her Disney counterpart, in other words.

Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith [Lyrics] [Listen]
And there the similarities with Disney end, and Snow's story gets that bit darker. The dwarves, you see, weren't quite as friendly and harmless as the movie suggests. We don't talk about the dwarves, but we do know that early in her marriage to Prince Charming, seven dwarves were found in his kingdom, hacked to pieces with successively improving skill.

Fairytale - Sara Bareilles [Lyrics] [Listen]
Needless to say, the Prince discovering what his wife had been up to rather soiled their marriage, and Snow began to learn that sometimes Happy Ever After isn't all that simple.

Every Rose Has its Thorn - Poison [Lyrics] [Listen]
When she caught her husband in bed with her sister, Rose Red, Snow's first marriage was decidedly over. Being thus abused my the men in her life so far, she learned not to trust them.

Pre-Invasion: Bigby
Eat Some More - Alice Cooper [Lyrics] [Listen]
Bigby's backstory is a little more complicated and I have fewer songs to cover it. The runt of a litter born of a she-wolf and the North Wind itself, he vowed vengeance on his father when his absence led to his mother's death. But first he had to build up his strength and size, which he did by eating a progressively larger animal each day.

L'il Red Riding Hood - Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs [Lyrics] [Listen]
Yes, yes, you all know what he did to Red Riding Hood.

The Invasion
Exile - Kate Rusby and Kathryn Roberts. [Lyrics] [Listen]
And then there's the invasion of the Homelands by the Adversary. We won't go into it here; suffice to say that Bigby Wolf and Snow White are forced to flee their homelands and find Sanctuary in our world. This is when they first meet; when Bigby springs Snow and Rose from a chain gang.

Love at First Sniff
Every Breath You Take - Sting and the Police [Lyrics] [Listen]
Let's face it, for centuries the relationship between Bigby and Snow was one-sided at best, and rather creepy at that. Bigby found himself not just falling in love with Snow, but completely unable to block her out. He knew every nuance of her moods and emotions juts from her scent, and was painfully aware of her location at every moment.
Snow, meanwhile, hadn't the slightest idea.

Introducing the Blonde
Stay - Shakespear's Sister [Lyrics] [Listen]
After Bigby finally confesses his love for Snow, she turns him down (woman has issues). But later having her head blown in by Goldilocks, Snow spends six weeks in a coma.
Any excuse to get this song in, really.

Stupid - Sarah McLachlan [Lyrics] [Listen]
Eventually Snow finds herself falling for him, and agrees onto give it a go, on a tentative, very slow basis.

Fear of Flying - Picture House [Lyrics] [Listen]
And Bigby, of course, is perfectly willing to wait for her to recover from her issues, and learn to accept love again.
Little do they realise that...

You've Got a Lot to Answer For - Catatonia [Lyrics] [Listen]
In another attempt to be revenged on Snow, Goldilocks had arranged for Bigby and Snow to be placed under magical suggestion and abandoned in the woods, so that she can kill them both. They killed her (well, near enough), after some effort, but Snow now discovers that while under the influence, she had somehow conceived a litter of children.

Absent Fathers
Wild is the Wind - Bon Jovi [Lyrics] [Listen]
Snow's children are part wolf, and unable to pass for human. Fabletown law dictates that any Fable who can't pass for human be relocated to the Farm in upstate New York. The only problem is that the Big Bad Wolf is forbidden from setting foot on the Farm. Lawful Snow, having too much invested in Fabletown to abandon it, takes her children to the Farm. Bigby, in disgust, quits Fabletown completely.

With Or Without You - U2 [Lyrics] [Listen]
There follows an absence of years, in which Snow raises six of the seven children, and Bigby lies in near isolation with their seventh (just read it to find out why).

Happy Ending
Happy Ending - The Little Mermaid [Mostly instrumental] [Listen]
Until finally Fabletown need a job done they know only Bigby can do, and strike up a bargain with him. He does one job, and they set him, Snow and the children up in a private estate. He returns to Snow and she agrees to marry him.
Not the end, but a good place to stop.

Home Again - Bryan Adams [Lyrics [Listen]
OK, this hasn't happened yet, but it's a nice hope that one day it might (it probably won't, but shush). Snow's a person who lives to dream, even if she won't admit it. Returning to the Homelands is the dream of nearly every Fable living in Fabletown.

-------------------

And that's it! Thats' what I do with my time.
Yes, this was a challenge to you guys to make fan soundtracks for your own fandom of choice. Have at!
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Can we locate other fansoundtracks, beat them over the head, and then drag them over here? Because I know I can't stop listening to Four Nations Under Rock.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Vehrec wrote:Can we locate other fansoundtracks, beat them over the head, and then drag them over here? Because I know I can't stop listening to Four Nations Under Rock.
I don't see why not.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling