Now in 360 Stereo Sound!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Now in 360 Stereo Sound!

Post by aerius »

Technology moves fast these days, and sometimes it's hard to keep up. Just the other day, I came across this:

Wow! Stereo 360° Sound! Wait, what's this? For best results use stereo needle.

So now I have to get one of those new-fangled cartridges with a stereo needle, that's gonna like cost me big bucks. Or I could just take my parents' turntable setup off their hands, it's not like they're using it anyway. And so I'm the proud owner of this:

Zee owner's manual, zit is in German, and a bunch of other languages.

Zee turntable. Now I can enjoy Simon & Garfunkel in 360° stereo sound!

Also in keeping with the retro theme, a vacuum tube FM tuner and a vacuume tube amplifier. I am now completely immune to EMP in case of a nuclear war.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

a bunch of other languages
German, English, Dutch, French, Spanish and I think Swedish. Euro model? because those are the standard languages in our manuals.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Dual is a German company as far as I know, but I'm not sure if my dad bought the turntable while he was still living in West Germany or after he moved to Canada. The manual's pretty neat, it's printed on thick quality paper with full colour pictures and diagrams, it's actually made to last.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Oh man. That's so badass.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Dual is a German company as far as I know, but I'm not sure if my dad bought the turntable while he was still living in West Germany or after he moved to Canada.
I doubt the company would sell a colour six-language manual in a bilingual market. I think you've got an original German turntable there.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Hey, an old Dual. I´ve got one of these, too. Has been serving me fine for ever. They´re very good record players which are still being produced.

Records are great because they´re dirt cheap
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Picture from part of the owner's manual.

It's about a 40 page manual so it's pretty comprehensive, man those Germans are thorough!

My dad says he bought the turntable in Canada, but it was directly imported from West Germany.
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

The black 12" vinyl discs are already piling up, but looking on the bright side, at least he isn't collecting those old Edison cylinders.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

It's about a 40 page manual so it's pretty comprehensive, man those Germans are thorough!
Deutsche Grundlichkeit, mein Freund.