Stone Sour

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Stone Sour

Post by NomAnor15 »

Do these guys piss anybody else the fuck off? Because they do that to me. Every time they come on the radio, I just want to smash the thing to pieces. I can't explain why, really, they just drive me nuts.
"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

It's the same with any other whine-rock band, really. I actually wish them all the best, because hopefully if they take off it'll drive Slipknot apart. You really get what you deserve for turning the radio on in the first place, anyways.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

We had one of their fans trolling the board a while back. He didn't last too long.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Dalton wrote:We had one of their fans trolling the board a while back. He didn't last too long.
Ah, the Plainfield Punks. They were as unclothed North Korean infantry before MG42 machineguns in their ease of dispatching, and as a conquered and war-scorched land's women in the hilarity of their lamentations before the axe fell.

Truly fun times!
Image Image
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:It's the same with any other whine-rock band, really. I actually wish them all the best, because hopefully if they take off it'll drive Slipknot apart. You really get what you deserve for turning the radio on in the first place, anyways.
Stone Sour were around before Slipknot, the plan was always to get one band really big and then use that to get the other one further. Slipknot themselves are all pretty tired and worn out anyway, SS won't be what stops them.

Anyway, SS have a couple of good songs, "Inhale" has some pretty cool riffage. They're pretty mediocre and uninteresting overall, though.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

"Get Inside" is also a good one. I do not like their slow shit. Like that song "Bother". I fucking hate that song.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I liked some of their stuff in the past, but the latest offerings have dipped dangerously towards crap-rock.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

JLTucker wrote:"Get Inside" is also a good one. I do not like their slow shit. Like that song "Bother". I fucking hate that song.
Much like Linkin Park I have to commend them for playing the market with that song, though. They must've got well fucking rich off that being on the Spiderman soundtrack and being lame enough for mainstream whores to enjoy and therefore get played on the radio.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Dalton wrote:We had one of their fans trolling the board a while back. He didn't last too long.
Stone Sour Knight back in fall of 2002, and his "we R goth and punk and want to stand out" muder-inducing stupidity.

Hate the band beacause of that guy, and I've never heard them....
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.