Nerd Shelves! (possibly pic-heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Moved into a new place and am starting to put together my living room. What women can resist a man with Legos?

Picture here
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Moved into a new place and am starting to put together my living room. What women can resist a man with Legos?

Picture here
Ooh, very nice. And I think I have those same shelves.

Sadly, my nerd shelf has since met its demise since it was a rickety piece of garbage. It didn't survive the move to or from my apartment.

Now I have a nerd...cabinet.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

WP, do the wings of your X-wing sag like crazy? Mine do, and I can't tell whether I erred during construction, or whether it's unavoidable.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Moved into a new place and am starting to put together my living room. What women can resist a man with Legos?

Picture here
Your Lego AT-ST beats the living shit out of mine... :cry:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Simplicius wrote:WP, do the wings of your X-wing sag like crazy? Mine do, and I can't tell whether I erred during construction, or whether it's unavoidable.
Yes they sag, but the way it's built they sag into place. If every piece where perfectly rigid the bottom wings would actually deflect upwards.

GHETTO EDIT: I actually had problems recently with my Y-Wing falling apart. The connections between the man bar, the cross bars, and the engines where becomeing extremely weak to the point where I couldn't mount the damn thing. If you notice the big black spot on the side of the engines that's where I shoved in a massive cross beam to permanently connect the multiple sections together.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Well, I don't have geek shelves per se, but I do have a geek cabinet and geek desk!

どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Executor32:

You posted the damn map of San Andreas? Were you like planning startegic attacks or something? Charting out the hidden tags/horseshoes/photo-ops/oysters?

I would've used the poster side, if I wanted to post it (which I could, it's not like I really use that map for anything, plus I have the PS2 and PC versions).

Also, where is your copy of Starfighters of Adumar? That's probably one of the awesomest books in the X-Wing series (next to Iron Fist anyway)!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Alas, I do not possess a copy of Starfighters of Adumar. However, as you can see in the far right of the bottom shelf, I do possess a copy of Metal Gear for NES still in its box. That sort of makes up for it, I guess. As for the map, I used to use it when I had just gotten the game and couldn't find my way around by landmarks. I'm just too lazy to switch it around. :D
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm moving in with another nerd next week, this weekend we are going out to buy shelving, I hope to have pics of our new habitat sometime next wweek...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

First sharehouse I lived in, my room had an entire wall of built-in shelves. I had my modest star fleet(Excelsior, Ent-A, Kronos One), my extensive surface fleet(fifteen 1:700 ships of both modern and WW2 vintage; an alliance of time), a squadron of F-15 Eagles(1:144, a K-Mart was offloading model stock at cost and I bought a dozen), and each successive Nissan Calsonic JGTC car from 1989 onward. I also had an Ashton GA100 head with a quad box, so as geeks go, it was a piss-poor effort.

We kept all DVD/VHS out in the living room in that house. Share and share alike.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage