Quick mech drawing.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Quick mech drawing.

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I cranked this out yesterday. It took about two hours on and off and I'm not totally satisfied with it.

One of these days I'll clean it up and take a pen to it...
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

It looks more like powered armor to me, and it's a nice action piece. I don't see why you should be unsatisfied by it.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

SiegeTank wrote:It looks more like powered armor to me, and it's a nice action piece. I don't see why you should be unsatisfied by it.
Thanks, though there is something I can't quite put my finger on. Some minor niggling detail...
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Looks nice. Reminds me of Triax style mechs from Rifts. And the head is reminiscent of the trainer head from Robotech.

The only issue I see is that the ammo belt and it's feed into the arm cannon looks like it would be prone to failure.

The perspective is hard to see, I can't tell if it feeds out of the main body from the chest or if it goes around to the back (under the arm-pit). Either way, moving the arm around is going to cause some issues depending on how elastic the belt it. Further, hit's to the body run a large risk of hitting the belt feed.

You might try swapping the side in which the feed goes into the arm cannon and have it loop around to the back. This will make it look better and appear more functional.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Are those flames on the shin guards?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Tasoth wrote:Are those flames on the shin guards?
Looks like ordinary wear-and-tear to me.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Tasoth wrote:Are those flames on the shin guards?
Ford got it right on this one. They look weird because I was drunk when I added them.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

I would say it's the feed belt that's getting to you. It struck me as looking a little less than right when I noticed it, but then, I can't draw them for shit myself.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

As you pointed out, the belt was an area that bothered me. I changed it to an enclosed drum magazine and feel this makes the piece much better.

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

It looks okay as power armor, but if this is supposed to be a mech-- a manned vehicle instead of a cool-looking costume-- you need to put a LOT of weapons on it.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
LeftWingExtremist
Padawan Learner

Post by LeftWingExtremist »

:shock: wow if thats a quick drawing, I cant wait to see a lengthy and sweat breaking masterpiece. Good work mate.

"...And everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - eclipse, Pink Floyd.