NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Sabres come back from 4-1 to crush the Leafs 5-4. Speed, speed,speed ! These guys are going to be fun to watch in a couple weeks :shock:

I figure this is the one that kills the Leafs dead for the playoffs.
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Oilers win in a shootout over the Avs.

Praise the lord and time to have a shower. I feel dirty.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

You and me both, that coupled with a big OT win helped the Ducks clinch. Although knowing that Edmonton will be hitting the links in early April makes it easier.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ducks follow up a disappointing performance at Detroit with a big win in Chicago. George Parros scores a goal using only his moustache, intimidating Khabibulin away from the net, at least sixteen female spectators climaxed the moment the puck crossed the goal line. And somewhere, in the sunshine and temperate wasteland of Southern California, a man who happens to be both a Ducks and a Red Wings fan has lost a bet and must now buy a Parros jersey from the team store.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

If I have to keep cheering for the Oilers, Canucks and Wild to beat the Avs ill be the cleanest person on the planet. So many showers.

j/k

Flames on a nice little streak now, finally playing proper Flames hockey. None of the offense first garbage.

David Hale, Flames defenseman picked up from NJ at the deadline, seems to be playing extremely well with Rhett Warrener.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

You know, for a division that looked like it was going to have a champion who wouldn't even have enough points to crack the top 5 or 6 seeds in the West back at Christmas, that Northwest is turning out to be pretty damn good. Except for the Soilers.

I just weeard the "We Hate Toronto" song for the first time today and laughed so hard that I blasted a sizeable fart.

muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Massive brawl in the opening minutes of the Vancouver - Calgary game. Inginla hit someone near one of the corners and a few seconds later everyone gathered at centre ice for a big brawl. I think I saw at least 3 players from each team in the penalty box.

Yup, 3 from each team. 2 roughing minors, 2 fighting majors, and 2 misconducts.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

That was a decent tilt between Iginla and Mitchell. Iginla had a hole in the back of his jersey for the rest of the game.

Good win by the Flames in that one. 6 in a row, 4 of them on the road.

In other news, It appears that Lou Lamoriello has fired Claude Julien with a week left in the regular season. I'd say it was an April Fools joke except today is the 2nd.

Link, TSN
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

With most teams having only two or three games to go it's getting rather sketchy in the East and somehow, some way, Colorado is still hanging on in the West. My how goofy would that be if the Flames let a 7 point lead with 4 games to go evaporate in that final game?

Personally, I want the Flames to win out, they're playing a few teams I need to lose. That and I think it would do the Divealanche right to sit out the playoffs just this once.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:With most teams having only two or three games to go it's getting rather sketchy in the East and somehow, some way, Colorado is still hanging on in the West. My how goofy would that be if the Flames let a 7 point lead with 4 games to go evaporate in that final game?

Personally, I want the Flames to win out, they're playing a few teams I need to lose. That and I think it would do the Divealanche right to sit out the playoffs just this once.
The only consolation is that the Flames played embarrassingly badly at home last night and still only lost 4-3.

I never realized how deep my hatred for the Avalanche is. I never did like them at all. I was more of a Detroit or New Jersey supporter if I had to cheer for any of those teams.
In Omnia Paratus.
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

Haha, guess what. Carolina's not gonna defend their title. :P
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The Sharks managed to beat the Ducks in the shoot-out, but the point earned by Anaheim means we have virtually no shot at catching them, and are playing only to keep ahead of Dallas and Minnesota. Still, it was an amazing game. I hope we have a playoff series against the Ducks, since given the incredible matches we've played in the regular season it could turn into an instant classic. I also wonder if going back to a legal stick is going to mess with Selanne into the playoffs.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

1-1 in the Colorado at Vancouver game.
In Omnia Paratus.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Habs lost, fuck.

I'm shaking like a crack addict on withdrawl here. I can barely type.

AHHH!
In Omnia Paratus.
Coop D'etat
Jedi Knight

Post by Coop D'etat »

Damm you Toronto!
Ah, well it would be hilarious if the Islanders win and take the Leafs out. Also good would be seeing Buffalo blowing them out of the water in the first round.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Watching the Leafs and Habs play tonight, none of the two teams deserve to be in the playoffs. Raycroft is pathetic, he's still too inexperienced. I'm betting the Islanders beat NJ tomorrow and kick the Leafs out of the playoffs. Probably the CBC's nightmare scenario.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Mark Lee (PBP guy for the Flames game on CBC) wrote:
The Flames may not know it yet but they have secured a berth in the playoffs.

Bring it on DGG!

----

EDIT: Flames lose, oh well.

The Oilers have no chance of getting the first overall pick.

:lol:
In Omnia Paratus.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

President Sharky wrote:Watching the Leafs and Habs play tonight, none of the two teams deserve to be in the playoffs. Raycroft is pathetic, he's still too inexperienced. I'm betting the Islanders beat NJ tomorrow and kick the Leafs out of the playoffs. Probably the CBC's nightmare scenario.
It doesn't matter who wins, either way the "winner" is getting swept out in the first round by the Buffalo Sabres.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Well lookit. My prediction came true.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Do any of you scholars have access to the fake leaked Washington Capitals jerseys. They were red/white/blue and had the eagle symbol on it IIRC.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Cancel that, I found what I was looking for.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Sabres vs. Islanders
Devils vs. Lightning
Thrashers vs. Rangers
Senators vs. Penguins

Red Wings vs. Flames
Ducks vs. Wild
Canucks vs. Stars
Predators vs. Sharks

[joeswanson]LETS DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT[/joeswanson]

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

And the Blackhawks win the Draft Lottery.

TSN Article.

Another poor kid gets to go to Wirtz's Wasteland. They have got to get rid of that owner.
In Omnia Paratus.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Games for April 11, 2007
*I'll put updates under each heading at the end of the period. Don't expect any consistency SVP.

Penguins @ Senators (7PM EDT, CBC/FOX)
-I'll take the Sens for tonight and Crosby for the series.
6-3 Senators, FINAL

Sharks @ Predators (8PM EDT, TSN/FOX)
-Forsberg or Thornton? I'm going with Nashville for this game and the series.
5-4 Sharks, FINAL (2OT)

Stars @ Canucks (10PM EDT, CBC/KDFI)
-Turco or Luongo? One is a playoff choker, the other is a playoff unknown. I'll take Luongo, for now.
5-4 Canucks, FINAL(5OT)

Wild @ Ducks (10:30PM EDT, TSN/FOX)
-Nod to Fanboy's crew. Pronger and Scott can handle Gaborik and Demitra.
2-1 Ducks, FINAL

***NOTE: Hopefully I am accurate about the American Stations.
Last edited by Archon on 2007-04-12 03:35am, edited 10 times in total.
In Omnia Paratus.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I'm picking Ottawa on experience and the fact that they're not playing Toronto.

Sharks over Preds since I believe Forsberg is overdue for a season ending injury, which will also demoralize and wipe out his team.

Canucks only because they're a Canadian team.

Ducks should have their series wrapped up nicely unless there's a miracle.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

GOD DAMN IT!

Scott Hartnell just kneed Jonathan Cheechoo out of the playoffs. I think the Sharks just lost their chance at the cup.

BTW, Archon, Hannan completely shut down Forsberg in our series against Colorado, where he had a better supporting cast. I don't think he's going to be a big factor, here. Also, the Sharks are dominating this game so far, and if it hadn't been for that knee-on-knee hit then we'd be killing them.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."