Inflight photos from the back door of a C-130

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Inflight photos from the back door of a C-130

Post by Tsyroc »

I would think at that range there might be some concern about FOD coming from the interior of the C-130. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Why is a Eurofighter trying to stick its nose up a C-130's ass?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Camera crew in back filimg EF2000
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

That is seriously awesome.

Does the Eurofighter have any sort of FOD screen in the intake to filter minor debris?
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Please tell me those folks had some sort of safety line - it's a majestic view, but not worth taking a long fall.

As for FOD - one would hope the cargo area was cleared of loose debris prior to take-off as a standard operating procedure. Loose crap in any aircraft is a not a good thing if you hit turbulence, require a sudden evasive manuver, and so forth. That said, a screen effective at removing FOD would tend to interfere with airflow into the engines. Thus, the typical solution is the remove loose items from areas where the engines are operating.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Broomstick wrote:Please tell me those folks had some sort of safety line - it's a majestic view, but not worth taking a long fall.
These are Euro-weenies. Of course they have a safety line.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Anyhow who calls someone a "weenie" for having a safety line under such circumstances has a very poor understanding of the physics involved when falling from several thousand feet (or meters, your preference) onto the surface of a planet.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Broomstick wrote:Anyhow who calls someone a "weenie" for having a safety line under such circumstances has a very poor understanding of the physics involved when falling from several thousand feet (or meters, your preference) onto the surface of a planet.
They're not weenies for using a safety line. They're weenies because they're European.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Oh, right :roll: Like that makes it OK and everything...

:roll:

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Old Plympto wrote:Does the Eurofighter have any sort of FOD screen in the intake to filter minor debris?
No. To my knowledge, there is not a jet aircraft on the planet that has permanently installed screens of any size.

Actually, I take that back. The F-117 has some grilles on the engine intakes to keep radio waves out of the inlet ducts. The fact that this technique has only been used on the F-117 (an aircraft which by any measure is stealth first and an airplane second) should tell you what it does to your overall pressure recovery in the inlet.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Broomstick wrote:Oh, right :roll: Like that makes it OK and everything...

:roll:
Kheegster being a former resident of the UK...... :wink:
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Just before the Australian International Airshow last month, a Hornet flew behind one of our C-130s over Melbourne for some happy shots, looked just like above pics... Trying to find them(saw it on the news).
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage