Music Suggestions

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Muse did a kick ass cover of House Of The Rising Sun thats definately worth a listen to if you like that type of thing.

I can't believe I didn't mention the Scissor Sisters. They are all kinds of awesome wrapped into one good package. Jake Shears is an amazing vocalist and their guitarists constanly amaze me at how many different kinda of guitar they play. Their music is on the whole very uplifting. Listen to them with an open mind and you won't be dissapointed. They even made Comfortably Numb listenable.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. :)

This looks like a good start.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Another good thing to do is look at last.fm. There are so many neat little functions there, a sort of online radio. And best of all - it's free.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Seconding last.fm. Just try not to get too caught up in everything there. It's like a social networking site, only with music. You can really waste a lot of time there.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Discombobulated wrote:Seconding last.fm. Just try not to get too caught up in everything there. It's like a social networking site, only with music. You can really waste a lot of time there.
That's one way to put it... But then again, that's like a blessing in disguise, because other people can reccommend music, but then either they want to talk all the time or they reccomment really weird/bad stuff.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005