Wise Guys

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Raesene
Jedi Master

Wise Guys

Post by Raesene »

Just returned from a concert of the Wise Guys, a german a-capella band.

Good as always :-)

Their texts are mostly german, but this is a youtube-video of "Schlag mich Baby nocheinmal", a near word-for-word-translation of "Hit me Baby one more time" by Britney Spears...

Anyone else here a fan of this group ? Which english-language bands are similar, I'm looking for recommendations?

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Yeah, i heard of them a couple of years ago. That was an "Alle meine Entchen" a capella techno version.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Re: Wise Guys

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Raesene wrote: Anyone else here a fan of this group ? Which english-language bands are similar, I'm looking for recommendations?
I know of two you could look into. Rockapella, the obvious choice, is a five-man a capella group who are quite good. Ref. Carmen Sandiago theme. The other group I could point you at that may be harder to find are a gentlemen's a capella choir from Boston University called the Dear Abbeys. Good luck finding stuff, and I'd be happy to hear a cappella reccies as well :)
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!