I will write something

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

I will write something

Post by Kuja »

This is something I used to do when I ran out of steam and couldn't think of what I wanted to write next. So, I'm reviving the idea here.

I will take any request for a 5-8 or so page story, about anything, be it sci-fi, fantasy, realistic, historical, anything at all. If it's something I know, I'll do my best to keep it accurate. If it's something I don't, I'll see how well I can wing it.

Characters, plot points, realms, anything at all. Let me hear 'em.
JADAFETWA
Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Alternate universe: Instead of solving crimes the Hardy Boys commit them. (Some people may not be familiar with them, it's a teenage series about brothers who solve semi-serious mysteries. Wiki has a decent summary of who/what they are/do).

Or maybe you could explain the origin of their sweaters link
Last edited by Gerald Tarrant on 2007-04-26 01:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
The rain it falls on all alike
Upon the just and unjust fella'
But more upon the just one for
The Unjust hath the Just's Umbrella
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Re: I will write something

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Kuja wrote:This is something I used to do when I ran out of steam and couldn't think of what I wanted to write next. So, I'm reviving the idea here.

I will take any request for a 5-8 or so page story, about anything, be it sci-fi, fantasy, realistic, historical, anything at all. If it's something I know, I'll do my best to keep it accurate. If it's something I don't, I'll see how well I can wing it.

Characters, plot points, realms, anything at all. Let me hear 'em.
Have you been following 55 Days? I'd draft you to write a side-story if so.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I have to admit, somewhat shame-facedly, that I have not been following anything for the past month or so.
JADAFETWA
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

If I can make a humble suggestion for motivation
Black Library taking 40k short story submissions
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

How do you feel about Harry Potter?

This is a of prompts from a challenge on omniocular (September Challenge: The Harry Potter AU Extravaganza!) a while ago. It has long since ended, but a lot of good prompts went unclaimed. And if you write something you like, they do take late entries.

And regardless of whether Kuja goes for it, the rest of you ought to have a look at the other entries. Some of them are dead good.
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Gerald Tarrant wrote:Alternate universe: Instead of solving crimes the Hardy Boys commit them. (Some people may not be familiar with them, it's a teenage series about brothers who solve semi-serious mysteries. Wiki has a decent summary of who/what they are/do).

Or maybe you could explain the origin of their sweaters link

Why? :?:

So what, in this alternate universe their dad is some Moriarty-like figure? And their usual gang of buddies are their accomplices? :shock:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Kill Splinter. April takes the place of the Bride. Splinter and the TMNT are Bill and the Deadly Vipers.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

"In the trenches" A story of men in foxholes and earthworks across space and time. From the past to the distant future, men dig in.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

A random thought, how about a Star Wars noir type story? You got a bounty hunter filling in the role of the private detective, hut gangsters to be investigated, and strong arm imperial lawmen pressuring the hero.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

VR Troopers/Big Lebowski crossover.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Werewolves.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Crossover college. All our favorite characters from various universes going to school together, or being teachers, security, cafeteria workers, etc.
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

A fantasticly hard one, star wars verse B5, a lone ship verse the entire B5 universe with realistic fire power. :P
Culture-verse VS Star Trek, a easier one. About them being accepted into the culture.
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Azazal wrote:If I can make a humble suggestion for motivation
Black Library taking 40k short story submissions
You would make 420 bucks if you win
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

fusion wrote:A fantasticly hard one, star wars verse B5, a lone ship verse the entire B5 universe with realistic fire power. :P
Culture-verse VS Star Trek, a easier one. About them being accepted into the culture.
Hell, I've done that. Sort of.