Most confusing Sci-Fi battle Movie EVER

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Most confusing Sci-Fi battle Movie EVER

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I defy anyone online to make ANY sense of the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ue0AlWgau4&NR=1
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Wow, I recognised about..half of those ships.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Even if this is just a show off for nice effects it has some problems.
I think the main problem is the soundtrack. It´s cut together really badly. The differnet themes stop abruptly and another one starts, sometimes there are sound effects, sometimes not.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

salm wrote:Even if this is just a show off for nice effects it has some problems.
I think the main problem is the soundtrack. It´s cut together really badly. The differnet themes stop abruptly and another one starts, sometimes there are sound effects, sometimes not.
That's probably what they were going for. And yes, the cutting is crap; moreover, the ship destructions are often a tad off.

I'd guess it's mainly a 3-d rendering exercise for someone who is learning-by-doing. That, or a tool who just likes seeing things blown up. ;)

And LMAO at the Shadow/Vorlon alliance, incidentally.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I'm assuming that someone just cut together scenes from half a dozen Spacebattles films. The music, animation style and quality, and "plot" (alliances, what has and has not been destroyed) shift from scene to scene.

I did like the whole Vorlon/Shadow/IA/Dominion vs. Klingon/Vorlon scheme, though. :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Really need to work on the physics. Ships don't stop dead when they're shot; they blow up and continue to travel their last vector.

And couldn't they at least match the theme music to their appropriate univeses? ST:DS9 theme for B5 Earth ships. :roll:

Also, WTFing at Nebulon B using a B5 gate.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

That "Rebel fleet VS Imperial Fleet CUT TO Nebulon-B attacking DS9" moment had to be the biggest WTF of the entire movie for me.
JADAFETWA
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

My mind is hurt. Someone, introduce them all to a Culture ROU to make the hurting stop.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Wow, a horribly edited mishmash of old lame amateur CGI videos. Spectacular.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Dilgar ships....thats a bit odd.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

LOL Spacebattles. We can do far better these days. I notice there've been no movies at SB in years despite their being SB's raison d'etre.
Image Image
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Now there reason seems to be sheltering the shitty debaters booted out of here and covering up or ultra rightwing pricks.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Kuja wrote:That "Rebel fleet VS Imperial Fleet CUT TO Nebulon-B attacking DS9" moment had to be the biggest WTF of the entire movie for me.
Me too. The video is a plotless mess, nothing but an excuse to show off animated space battles. That itself wouldn't have been as huge a problem if the video didn't trick you into thinking there was some semblance of a setting and plot, with subtitles like "Aramar, Rebel Alliance Headquarters" and "Rebel Planetary Defence Control Center."
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

It looks like a plotless mess because someone just took a bunch of different videos made by different authors and put them all together with no rhyme or reason.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Lord Pounder wrote:Now their reason seems to be sheltering the shitty debaters booted out of here and covering up on ultra-rightwing pricks.
I've noticed. I still want Es Arkajae to come here and formally debate me on why gays should be awarded equal rights to straights instead of simply killed outright. House Rules as always. :twisted:
Image Image
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Post by OmegaGuy »

That's not a movie, that's a bunch of movies all stuck together in random order.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

It also has a terrible compression job. So fucking many pixels...
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

darthdavid wrote:It also has a terrible compression job. So fucking many pixels...
Those movies were already pretty low-res to begin with.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Was that the Federation fighting the Borg to the Klendathu theme from Starship Troopers? Sweet jesus. This is so garbage it makes me sad.
XXXI
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

And for a movie titled Battle of Earth, I still haven't seen our little blue ball.
XXXI
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Phantasee wrote:And for a movie titled Battle of Earth, I still haven't seen our little blue ball.
No, it was there at around the 5:00 mark. You know, the part where a bunch of random ships were attacking a bunch of random ships with a random musical score for no apparent reason.

Perhaps it's a nuanced commentary on the meaninglessness of war? :wink: