CDisplay Colour issues

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

CDisplay Colour issues

Post by InnerBrat »

OK, here's the problem:

I have (completely legally) downloaded the Heroes comics from NBC.com in .pdf format, but because I much prefer reading comics through CDisplay, I set about converting the .pdfs to .cbr files.

Easy enough. In Acrobat reader I extracted the pages to individually numbered .jpgs, (which look fine) and then archived the issues into .rars (which also look fine)

But when I rename the .rars to .cbrs and open in CDisplay, the colour balance is all wrong, with a huge excess of blue.

Does anyone knwo what's going on? Google's not helping.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
M
Redshirt

Re: CDisplay Colour issues

Post by M »

InnerBrat wrote: In Acrobat reader I extracted the pages to individually numbered .jpgs, (which look fine) and then archived the issues into .rars (which also look fine)
What are your settings for colour balance and yellow reduction? I just made a cbr from Chapter 31, and it looks fine to me. I've set colour balance and yellow reduction to default values.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

In CDisplay? Altering them doesn't change anything. Should I be changing them in Acrobat?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
M
Redshirt

Post by M »

InnerBrat wrote:In CDisplay? Altering them doesn't change anything. Should I be changing them in Acrobat?
Hm. Actually I was talking about CDisplay. The Acrobat's extraction tool just restores the original pictures from within the document. Any change in the view settings should not affect the jpgs.

Check your PMs.