V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Before getting the car Alec slipped into one of the back store rooms. He had stashed some of his things there before he left and he needed some of them now. He knocked down several boxes to get to things.

Opening the trunk he tossed aside them memento and possesions of a hundred odd years of life. In the bottom of the trunk he removed the false panel and with drew the old .45 automatic and a nastly looking dagger hidden there. He tucked the gun into the waist of his pants, hiding it in the small of his back. The long knife he hid up his sleeve.

Alec carefully surveyed the night as he went to get the car. Every little bit of movement, every last stirring drew his attention.

They aren't going to give up and go away. Not after this. Blood had been spilled over this and it probably wouldn't be the last either. There were scores to be settled now.

Alec brought the car around. He grabbed the keys out of the ignition and went back in to find Anna. No doubt this would require some heavy duty explaining.

Darian was bound to be pretty damned pissed about this. Of course only an idiot would take an interclan incident (war?) lightly. And Darian was no ones fool. But would he take action.

Alec sat wrapped in his own thoughts as he went with Anna to see Darian

Well, if Darian wouldn't I will..... A cold smile swept across Alec's faceAnd I think I know some people that might help.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin took a seat and listened to Joe as he spoke. When Joe finally stopped he spoke up. "I am used to this kind of stuff, I feel right at home in this kind of scenario, in a way staying here is for no better reason than to prove to myself that no matter how dead I may be there is still a spark of life left somewhere in the husk. Involving that whole open door, yeah I guess, I hadn't thought of that." Colin shruged.

He looked at the man who had walked back into the bar, he looked very troubled and was no doubt carrying some weapons on him. Colin felt it might be best to keep cautious around that one. He turned back to Joe. "So what exactly happened here?"
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stormbringer wrote:...[/i] A cold smile swept across Alec's faceAnd I think I know some people that might help.
((Yay! Maybe the story will start moving. I wonder when Kelly is going to get back into this?))

Colin felt it might be best to keep cautious around that one. He turned back to Joe. "So what exactly happened here?"

"Well," I said as I tried to find the right thing to say. "I might not be the best one to ask. I can't speak for rest of these gents but I get the impression that we're all part of the 'wrong place, wrong time' club. We're waiting for the people who are in the know to come back and hopefully let us in on the answer to your question."

I wasn't sure how much I should be telling. I knew nothing about this man.

"As for me, I was entertaining myself listening to a guy who had lost his marbles go on about his books and for whatever reason the place filled with the fine gentlemen you can see over at the wall. Someone who I assume they were looking for was trying to make an exit but was ratted out and before I knew it... Ballroom Blitz, as they say in the song."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

((Well, I hope Kelly will be back into the digital life again.))

Dachlan listened to Joe.
"Yes," he nodded, "I think that sums it up nicely. Luckily I didn't have to talk to that Malkavian. I just had a nice talk with Jack, a nice red wine, and then that Giovanni filth entered here." He gestured towards the corpses.

---

"You mean you've killed them?" Josh stared at the people and those bodies. Some even looked...roasted.
"Yes, Josh," Dachlan's voice pulled him back to the here and now. "But those aren't really people. At least not in your sense. Just believe me, they had it coming." Dachlan's hand took Josh's hand. It felt startingly cold at first, but soon it was a pleasant warmth. "I will tell you more later. When we're out of this chaos."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"This many kindred in one place can only mean one thing: trouble. I for one am not looking for another adventure, no sirree. I intend to stay out of any grudge matches, vengeance plots, quests, streets brawls and most especially crusades. All I want to do is live my unlife with some measure of peace and quiet." Jack commented dryly and there is no doubt from his tone that not even he believes what he is saying.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin figured he wasn't going to get anymore information from Joe or Dachlan since that was all he figured they knew. He got that feeling in his gut that Joe wasn't sure to trust him or not, but shruged it off, not many kindred trusted other kindred, especially Caitiffs, and especially Caitiffs that walked into a war zone with no apparant qwalms.

He looked at the man who spoke as he finished his 'speach'. "Yes, unfortuantly I think that part of the unlife has become being involved in all that stuff. As for grudge matches, or vengeance, I'm more than ready to kill some Giovanni scum."
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

((Just *bump*, and I hope we are still playing, are we?))
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

(as far as I'm concerned, yes. I'm in the process of writing a rather long post with Stormbringer's help. It should move the plot along a bit)
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Kelly Antilles wrote:(as far as I'm concerned, yes. I'm in the process of writing a rather long post with Stormbringer's help. It should move the plot along a bit)
((good to hear :D We we running out of things to kill and/or talk about *g*))
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Kelly Antilles wrote:(as far as I'm concerned, yes. I'm in the process of writing a rather long post with Stormbringer's help. It should move the plot along a bit)
(Woohoo! This is gonna start moving again.)
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

((I figured that maybe you were waiting a little while to give our younger friends and neighbours without home computers a chance to get back to their university services. Hope you don't leave us hanging too long.))
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Oswald looked at the address given to him by the woman.

It was a bookstore alright. A nice looking one too. Interesting. He searched about until he found what he was looking for - a backdoor. Picking the lock he moved inside and began to search the shelves, examining the titles. He then moved to the counter to look for more information on this strange woman.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

(Thanks for waiting so patiently guys.)

Anna got into the car beside Alec. "This isn't going to be nice, you know."

"I don't expect it to, not with a body count like that. But we were in the right after all and Darian should take action," Alec turned the car out into the street and headed for the river.

She sighed. "Alec, what have you gotten into this time? That book looked simple enough."

"It's not my fault the goddamned Giovanni want me and just about everyone in the bar dead! I just took my wins and they tried to kill me!" He slammed his hand on the steering wheel to emphasize his point.

"Calm down. You've got to learn to control that anger, love." She rubbed her eyes. "When we get back to the bar, we'll go over the book a bit better."

"Anna, I shouldn't have come back. Now you're a target too! I can't just forget that." Alec frowned "There are answers in that book, it's something important. If we knew what it was maybe we could find a way out of this."

"We'll know soon enough." She waited to continue after Alec turned into the lot at the riverfront. It seemed a bit too quiet. "I have a bad feeling."

"Don't say that. You're right too often" Alec flashed her a grin.

She smiled as she exited the car. They moved towards the boarding ramp and were suddenly blocked by three men. She recognized one as being Darian's ghoul. "Good evening, gentlemen. We're here to speak with Darian."

Alec eyed the men. They reminded him all to much of the goons from earlier. "We need to speak to him right away if it could be arranged. I think he'll want to hear this immediately"

The lead ghoul stepped forward and spoke. "I'm sorry, Lady Bruck, Darian is unavailable at the moment. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah, you can get me a goddamned Vampire and not some sniveling ghoul! Serious trouble is about to go down and we get the brush off. Darian's got some serious shit to deal with and I won't be kept waiting!" Alec raged

Anna lay a hand on his arm to calm him. Something just didn't seem right here. "I apologize for my companion. He is quite excited. Please tell Darian that I stopped by. We had a run in with a few Giovanni this evening in my establishment. I wish to speak with him as soon as it is convenient about it."

The ghoul nodded. "Of course, Lady Bruck. He is aware of the situation. And it goes without saying that he offers his protection to you milady."

"I appreciate the gesture, but I have enough protection. You should know that."

"That is regrettable. We will of course not let such an attack go unpunished or unnoticed. It would, perhaps, be a generous concession on your part to return their book.

Her eyes narrowed for a moment before she nodded in agreement. "It will be done." Turning to Alec she said, "Come along. We have much to do."

Alec, immediately grasping the significance of those words followed Anna without hesitation. This situation had just become a lot more dangerous. They had been sold out, by someone. He got into the car with Anna and looked over at her. "You know what this means don't you?"

She nodded as she pulled out her cell phone. Her deft fingers dialed a number and she waited. "I hate voicemail," she hissed. "Roland, I am aware you were at the bar tonight. It seems we have an even bigger situation going on. I'd appreciate any information you can get me. Thanks, dear." She tossed the phone into the back seat. "Perhaps our new friends who helped us out this evening will be willing to help a bit more. But the first thing we need to do is translate that book. It definitely isn't just a mere history."

"Yeah, the Giovanni aren't that big on book collecting. Whatever is in their, it's old and it's still important." Alec stared at the road. Already he was calculating what to do, who to see and how to survive. "They're risking war with half the Camarilla for this, it's got to be important."

The car pulled up in front of the Eye. "I know. We need as many friends as we can get." She turned and looked at him. "The man who gave you the book said nothing of its contents?"

"He was a stool pigeon. A gambler and an idiot. A mortal, not even a ghoul. All he told me was it was an old and rare history. I thought it would make a good present for you." Alec sighed "Guess I fucked that up. Right now me need some allies. There's going to be a coup, mark my words"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

(A coup? Aw crap that's JUST what a Caitiff does NOT want to hear.)
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Captain_Cyran wrote:(A coup? Aw crap that's JUST what a Caitiff does NOT want to hear.)
(Oh, It gets worse from there on :twisted: )
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stormbringer wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:(A coup? Aw crap that's JUST what a Caitiff does NOT want to hear.)
(Oh, It gets worse from there on :twisted: )
(Not good for me...not good for me, especially considering what happened to Colin in Albany, which I will definately get into soon considering what just happened)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Oswald looked through the books, everything seemed normal and above board. Of course, that didn't mean it was...

Moving upstairs he enters the loft. Simple, almost spartan. Noone lived here, though they might crash here occasionally. Very heavy curtains, he walked over to them... Over boarded windows. Yes, this was definately a hide for a kindred.

It was getting early, nearly time for the sun to appear. Oswald left as carefully as he entered, making sure that everything was how he found it.

Tomorrow night would be most interesting.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Josh was still feeling like a deer caught in the headlight, although it was slightly getting better.
The men, if they were that at all, still eyed him curiously. He wanted to say something, when Dachlan spoke up.
"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse us?" he said and took his hand. In a softer tone, he spoke directly to him. Come with me, would you?"
Still holding his hand, Dachlan lead him into a very dark corner away from the busy table.
"Darling," Dachlan said, "there's much you've seen tonight. And there will be more if I'm not mistaken." Josh's skin prickled at getting called darling. No one called me that in a long time...
Suddenly, the corner they were standing in grew darker, the shadows almost comming to life. The shadows were...touching his legs, his body, caressing him. He should have been afraid, but he wasn't.
"I am a Vampire," he simply stated. "over 200 years old. And those other are Vampires, too. Don't fear," he whispered.
He was lifted easily up in the air and Dachlan's face came closer. He could see fangs appear in his mouth. Lips touched his neck, he felt a short spike of pain, and then, what? Something undescribable. Soothing, pleasant, exhilarating. Seconds later, soft lips touched his and he tasted blood. They pressed on, and kissed him. He resisted, but only for the tiniest moment.
"I can show you more. Much more. A whole new society. If you want."
All Josh could do was nod. He wanted more.
"So be it then. You'll be mine, from now on." Josh opened his eyes and looked up in Dachlan's face. His face got stern for a second, and so his voice. "But don't tell mortals. I won't be able to protect you from death if you do."
The shadows flowed back to become normal shadows again, the light from beyond it came back and his feet touched ground again. Curiously Josh missed those shadows.
What have I gotten myself into this time? But I want it, do I? A place to be, someone who cares for me? Yes!
----
As he let Josh down, he heard keys in the door. It seems Anna is back. I'm curious what news she brings...
He turned towards the door, signaling Josh to follow, and swiftly strode to it, waiting for Anna.

((And a coup certainly will be fun. Power to grab :) ))
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

The conversation seemed to be dying faster than a horse in a glue factory. Taking advantage of the lull, DeVries took his 'friend' into a corner, hopefully to bring him up to speed on what was going on. Everyone else sat quietly looking from one face to another. What do a group of unholy monsters have to say to each other anyway?

Just when I was about to start asking everyone their life story simply to break the silence (I didn't come that night for silence), Bruck and DuMont returned looking like they had a purpose.

"So," I asked them when they had entered. "What's the good word?"
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"There is no good word right now Joe. The Giovanni have gotten to some one on the inside; maybe even the Prince. There's been a coup or one's in the works right now. Darian, that old Brujah bastard wouldn't have let this happen. Find some place safe for the day and then meet here at dusk, and round up anyone willing to fight."

Alecs eye began sweeping the room. He winced when he saw DeVries and his newborn companion. Shit! Of all the times and places to break one of the fucking capital-I important rules. He's went and sired himself a bouncy baby boy. Shit! I'll let Anna deal with that. He looked at Anna and nodded in DeVries' direction. He went back to scanning the room. His eyes soon hit Jack Reece. He immediatly remembered and hurried over to him

"Jack, you've got family here right?" barely pausing for answer he continued "If you still give a damn about them you've got about a half hour to find them and make plans to get them out of here. They'll be prime targets for retaliation"
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

"What the fuck do you mean my family?" Jack hissed quietly and suddenly he seemed to grow darker and more predatory as he grabbed Alec by the lapels and held him still. "Who the fuck knows about my family you little ass wipe?" his voice lowered to a harsh whisper and the naiuls on his hands slowly became talons. The red of his eyes flashed visibly even under the shades.

"You think I'm stupid because I'm new here? HOW the fuck would anyone on the inside know about my family? I just got here, unless one of you fuckers ratted me out in which case hell's about to get unleashed in here."

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"No, Mr Reece, I don't think you're stupid but I think you're a hot head who is about to a make a big mistake. "

Alec paused a second took a deep breath and calmed himself. He used a quick burst of celerity to knock Jack's grip away and step back.

"Listen Jack, my heads as much on the chopping block as yours, probably more. If you think I sold you out to the people that want me dead then you are a fool. They've got the city in their hands now. And you'd better believe they'll kill you to cover up what happened tonight and wipe your family out for spite. They're mean son of bitches. Now you can kill me let your family die or go try to save them. Your choice."
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

"I'll do what I can, mind you I can't just walk up to my wife and kids and tell them to leave becasuse as far as she knows I'm KIA in Iraq. But I wil save them, then I'm coming back here and I fully expect to have some answers about how this cluster fuck happened."

He starts to stride out and pauses to look over his shoulder.

"And if we are in a war with the Giovanni, then I'm going to bring the war to them."

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"I'd like answers myself, Jack. All we can do now though is fight back."

As Reece walked out into the waning night Alec muttered to himself.

"Good luck buddy, you'll need it."
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

My eyebrow raised at Dumont's rapid fire response.

"Who said what now?" What the hell was he on about? I pieced together that the 'Giovanni' must have been the goons and that Darian must be the man who thought he was incharge ((btw didn't someone say he was a Tremer before?)) but how did DuMont know my name? Fucking mindreader! I started giving him something really nasty to listen to and was about to voice my opinion when Reece burst into action. So he had family here. Must not be too long on this side then.

I started thinking about the family that I had once had...

Fuck it.

"What ever it is, I'm in," I said quietly, not caring if anyone heard. "Just means less stupid fuckers trying to work my hunting grounds."