NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

And some Canadian have the gall to say that there is no such thing as hockey fans south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Does CA count as south of the Mason-Dixon line?
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

President Sharky wrote:Ottawa will never be able to live this down. They had it all going for them, and when they had their one chance at the cup, they fucked up. Hahahaha! "Canada's Team" my ass. :roll: :lol:

-A Loyal Leafs Fan
The sad part is they'll still get the cup before we do. We have a team which is owned by the goddamn teacher's pension plan where all they care about is the annual rate of returns on the pension plan, we will never see a cup as long as the fuckers hold majority ownership of MLSE.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

A likely outcome, I don't doubt you. The fact that our GM is a complete and utter moron is also a significant portion of the Leafs Suck syndrome at the moment. But at least I'll get to gloat a bit longer to my Ottawa friends. :P
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

President Sharky wrote:Glorious. Simply a glorious display. I eagerly anticipate Anaheim's Game 5 victory. At which point I will crack open the champagne bottles and celebrate the ULTIMATE OTTAWA SENATORS CHOKE :D :D :D

Ottawa will never be able to live this down. They had it all going for them, and when they had their one chance at the cup, they fucked up. Hahahaha! "Canada's Team" my ass. :roll: :lol:

-A Loyal Leafs Fan
Why did anyone think the Sens had a chance in the series to begin with? There were 3-5 teams in the West that were all better than anyone in the East, this year, and the inter-conference play was consistently dominated by WC teams (including things like NJ going West and losing badly to teams like the Kings and Coyotes in succession only to go back east and start dominating, again).
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

There are still people out there actually trying to excuse, with various excuses, the actions of Daniel Alfredsson at the end of the 2nd period in Game 4. C'est ridicule.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Archon wrote:And some Canadian have the gall to say that there is no such thing as hockey fans south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Does CA count as south of the Mason-Dixon line?
Yes and No. Although SOuthern California could technically be considered further south than the Mason Dixon Line, the line doesn't really stretch this far west and then there's the fact that California was considered part of the Union during the Civil War.

No Alfredsson suspension, this just confirms my belief that the NHL has it out for the Ducks, who are showing that you can still win a cup by beating other teams into submission.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

President Sharky wrote:But at least I'll get to gloat a bit longer to my Ottawa friends. :P
They're like what, 0 for 4 against us in the playoffs?
We even beat them with an AHL farm team one year.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Archon wrote:There are still people out there actually trying to excuse, with various excuses, the actions of Daniel Alfredsson at the end of the 2nd period in Game 4. C'est ridicule.
Yeah, what the heck was that about? Do they have some sort of history that I haven't heard about? Why would you shoot at another player?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

No history that I am aware of but Alfredsson has been suspended for being an idiot before. I think it was something about him throwing a stick into the stands during a game against the Maple Leafs. I might be mistaken, however.

-----

In other news...

The New York Islanders have bought out Alexei Yashin's contract.
In Omnia Paratus.
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Fuck, the Sens are sure proving that they don't deserve the cup.

Does anyone know the name of the song that they played before the start of the game, the one that begins "Ladies and gentleman can have your attention"?
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Luke Starkiller wrote:Fuck, the Sens are sure proving that they don't deserve the cup.
One of the few things more predictable than the Sens choking when it counts is the Sens losing to the Leafs in the playoffs.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

J wrote:
Luke Starkiller wrote:Fuck, the Sens are sure proving that they don't deserve the cup.
One of the few things more predictable than the Sens choking when it counts is the Sens losing to the Leafs in the playoffs.
No argument here; I'm cheering for the Sens over the Ducks but I'm a Leafs fan myself. My wife is the Sens fan since she just got into hockey this year and we live in Ottawa. The playoffs next year are going to be much more fun.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Congratulations to the Ducks on a great season and a well-deserved championship.

Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

I'd love to be an astronaut tonight.
Ottawa will burn I'm sure, though that is a wild-ass-guess, and perhaps an unfair opinion, but Canadian city... losing the Cup, yeah.

Riots. :x

edit: Kudos to Selanne though, not enough great players get to have the opportunity to leave out on-top.
Last edited by Medic on 2007-06-06 10:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Quack.
JADAFETWA
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Rumor has it the Senators are being told not to cross the border...l :lol:
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

on Thursday Oct 26, 2006 at 1:27 AM Archon wrote:If I were a betting man I would put Anaheim down for a cup win.
I called it. Now, if only I was a betting man.

Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks, 2006-2007 Stanley Cup Champions.

That is all folks.

BRING ON THE OFF SEASON!

-----

Question:

Shall we keep this thread for the off season or start a new one?
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

:D

Home now, but must sleep. Hopefully I will have my pictures uploaded, stories written, and videos edited sometime before too long.

Absolutely amazing, our anthem was tremendous tonight but I hear it didn't air in the states. Absolute domination, and above all else seeing Ray Emery fuck up almost as bad if not worse than Ty Conklin made me smile so big.

CHAMPIONS!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

What a glorious meltdown. What an absolute choking. What a pitiful performance by the Ottawa Senators, "Canada's Team". :lol: :lol: :lol:

More like the Shame of Canada. Even 8th-seeded Edmonton put up a better fight against 2nd seeded Carolina last year. Ottawa folded like the massive house of cards they truly are.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Archon wrote:
Question:

Shall we keep this thread for the off season or start a new one?
keep it until the next season methinks.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Trading their best players away, the Edmonton Oilers will have five first round draft picks over the next two seasons. Wow.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Trading their best players away, the Edmonton Oilers will have five first round draft picks over the next two seasons. Wow.
Will they do anything with those picks though?
In Omnia Paratus.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Keenan to Calgary...

What the fuck!

I am a very worried Flames fan right now. On the other hand, he has an impressive coaching record:

1987 Finals
1992 Finals
1994 Stanley Cup winner.

Apparently it is all but confirmed and Jim Playfair is staying within the organization. Shades of Tony Granato and the Colorado Avalanche.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

At least Keenan might bring something to the Flames that would encourage some offense. Iginla, Kiprusoff, Phaenuff, and a dozen or so warm bodies isn't going to get you back into the top 8 of a very dangerous Western conference.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

The Flames had the same amount of goals as Anaheim in the 2006-2007 regular season. The problem wasn't scoring. It was, IMHO, lackadaisical defensive play from the forwards and poor play on the road. Hopefully Keenan can straighten out these weaknesses.
In Omnia Paratus.