The Force Unleashed Concept Art.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

The Force Unleashed Concept Art.

Post by Glocksman »

One of my co-workers went to the Star Wars Celebration IV in LA last month and brought me back a few souvenirs, including a nice wide (too wide to scan the entire thing, as a matter of fact) card of a piece of concept art from the upcoming game.

I scanned it in and made a 1650x1080 wallpaper out of it

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Is that a Venator hull with a VSD-type bridge tower and superstructure? It actually looks like a slightly flattened ISD1 tower.

And that apprentice is hot shit, apparently. :lol:
Image Image
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

:roll: Vader himself couldn't take down a Star Destroyer, but his "secret apprentice"can?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lord Poe wrote::roll: Vader himself couldn't take down a Star Destroyer, but his "secret apprentice"can?
Who says the apprentice took out the Star-Destroyer? It might just be humorous mix up involving a misunderstood order for ramming speed!

Wait... no... I see now... the Caption... ahh yes...
Now if he's TKing that bad boy into the ground then yes, it's ten kinds of stupid, but I can see some handwavium about mind-tricking the Helm's man when it's close to the ground.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Lord Poe wrote::roll: Vader himself couldn't take down a Star Destroyer, but his "secret apprentice"can?
You're not thinking like a force-wanker. Remember that line in ANH 'the power to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force'? Obviously force users can destroy whole solar systems at will!
Mr Bean wrote:Now if he's TKing that bad boy into the ground then yes, it's ten kinds of stupid, but I can see some handwavium about mind-tricking the Helm's man when it's close to the ground.
I hope so. The former would be moderately silly if that was a heavily damaged unpowered SD that he pulled out of orbit. Being able to overcome engines that can accelerate a hundred-million-tonne ship at 1000s of G with the force alone is just insane.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Keep in mind, this is just concept art. If similar material was all canon, or even close to canon, all stormtroopers would be armed with kite shields and lightsabers, and General Grievous would be a baby Grand Admiral Thrawn on a hover chair.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

He obviously used the Force to give the Star Destroyer a brain hemorrhage!

Or, you know, opened a channel with the captain/pilot and killed him with his MIND!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Laughing Mechanicus
Jedi Knight

Post by Laughing Mechanicus »

Noble Ire wrote:Keep in mind, this is just concept art. If similar material was all canon, or even close to canon, all stormtroopers would be armed with kite shields and lightsabers, and General Grievous would be a baby Grand Admiral Thrawn on a hover chair.
I hope you're right, but I have a feeling when they show this concept art to focus groups people are going to say "LOL TEHFORCE LOL AWESEOME1" and not "I don't think that's an accurate representation of Force powers".

Here's a screen cap from a video of some of the games concept art:

That's right, a Jedi can now cut an AT-AT in half with their lightsaber which, by the way, can extend to about 20 feet long. And yes, I know, this is concept art - but lets see if sanity prevails.
Indie game dev, my website: SlowBladeSystems. Twitter: @slowbladesys
Also officer of the Sunday Simmers, a Steam group for war game and simulation enthusiasts
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

They might as well change the name to The Wank Unleashed.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm sorry, I'm too busy marvelling how awesome this game would be if they let us do that.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Guys- it's called "The Force Unleashed" for a reason. That's the whole point of the game. It's not meant to be minimalist.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

After playing the ridiculasly weak Jedi in KoToR I am in mood for some Jedi wank gameplay !

This game is looking more and more good as further information is released. If the story is as good as gameplay then we have another candidate for best SW game.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

Aaron Ash wrote:That's right, a Jedi can now cut an AT-AT in half with their lightsaber which, by the way, can extend to about 20 feet long. And yes, I know, this is concept art - but lets see if sanity prevails.
That picture, right there probably just killed what little desire I had to play this game. It's ridiculous.
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

If Vader's apprentice can pull that shit out, we better see Vader pull fucking Sparta out of his goddamn ass.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

For all of the people who are bitching over the games amped up Force powers, let me remind you all of one thing. GAME MECHANICS. Unless these sort of abilites are demonstrated in any fashion where they can be considered canon then you have a good reason to gripe. As of right now we're complaining about concept art and the captions for such.

That being said if this stuff makes its way into the planned Tie-In novel I will be pissed.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

That looks kicking rad, and if the game actually allows me to saber ther shit out of walkers and telekinesis starships into the ground-

Holy shit cool.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Cos Dashit wrote:That picture, right there probably just killed what little desire I had to play this game. It's ridiculous.
And that's where your problems lie. Seeing that you might just be able to split AT-ATs in half with your lightsaber should make you want to play the game.

Because, let's be frank, that is fucking awesome.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

That's really just concept art. They're not actually going to have that. The Force Unleashed concept, for them, is to not just force push a Stormtrooper into a wall.

It's to force push him through the wall. And so forth.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Rolling Eyes Vader himself couldn't take down a Star Destroyer, but his "secret apprentice"can?
The story supposed to be able to explain how the apprentice gains "force superpowers".

And I go with Noble Ire here. This is concept art, not actual concept of how things would work. Dramatic exaggeration.

Beyond that, why does anybody expect cannon material? The Star Wars books have already chopped the Star Wars universe into so many pieces, that you would need a atomic microscope to see them.

EDIT: fixed a typo.