New Transformers theme song

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

SHIT.

God damn, how hard did they have to work to screw it up?
XXXI
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

Drooling Iguana wrote:You can listen to the official song here.
Abomination!

I am, however, consoled by the possibility that a hardcore geek type could dub the film over with music from the original film and release it on the Internet. If someone could do The Phantom Edit, then they could do that. And then I will be able to have my fill of 80s cheese.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Somewhere else, avoiding being Internet Dorks' magic bullet solution to any film soundtrack problems. :P

Honestly, though, I don't think Williams would be the right choice for a film like Transformers.
Fuckin' A. Williams is good, but he does NOT have the style for this. Jablonsky is a good choice since he's started doing movie scores. I'd have used him or Harry Gregson-Williams.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

What the hell? What is MuteMath even trying to sound like? Neither of these hold a candle to the Lion version, which would have been great to play over the end credits.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

Mobius wrote:
Davis 51 wrote:
Mobius wrote:i though it was Linkin Park doing it
That's not Linkin Park. MuteMath did 2 covers. The first one was released, but after strong negative reaction, they claimed it was the "wrong one," and released one that was even worse.
weird, that was totally believable for a Linkin Park made song.

Sorry to have fell in the trap :oops:
Admiral Ackbar would have been proud. :P

Seriously, Linkin Park is on the official movie soundtrack. Why they got a second-rate LP knockoff to do the soundtrack is beyond me.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Both songs are terrible, but that first one is way worse.

But honestly I don't know why you're all QQing. The original Transformers theme song was fucking horrible. And "You've Got the Touch" has been a memetic joke for years now. Transformers music is clown shoes.

I think that people who are surprised that the movie has a bad theme song are either unreasonably expecting it to be something none of its predecessors have been, or their memories of the old one are clouded by nostalgia.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I can't help but feel a remix of Instruments of Destruction would have been better than any of what's been released so far.

I also think most of us probably are remembering the movie version, which was the best (and arguably only good) version released.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Instruments of Destruction was neat. Except, these groups apparently can't play the 'because we can' fast 80's guitarwank, so that'd sound rubbish too.

But I hear the original was crap. Clearly nobody still enjoys 80's music, am I rite? :) However, I really have to wonder why they want a 'theme song' at all - most movies don't have a 'complete with topical lyrics' theme song - and why they had to rape a 20 year old one to do it. Beeeee-zaaaahr.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

VF5SS wrote:Notice Jazz isn't mentioned in the Mutemath song. That because they're gonna kill off his Porsche ass. Haha.
I hope this is what passes off as a joke and not the other thing. What's it called? Starts with a S. Ends with Poiler.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Stark wrote:VF5SS is beyond such petty concerns?
Stark, quick, COMPLAIN HIM TO DEATH!

Only then will you be fit to serve by my side and rule the galaxy, blah, blah.

Yeah, just kill him already. There's a cookie in it for you.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Old Plympto wrote:
VF5SS wrote:Notice Jazz isn't mentioned in the Mutemath song. That because they're gonna kill off his Porsche ass. Haha.
I hope this is what passes off as a joke and not the other thing. What's it called? Starts with a S. Ends with Poiler.
I think it's more of an "Oh snap!"-type of premonition/speculation.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Old Plympto wrote:
I think it's more of an "Oh snap!"-type of premonition/speculation.
I'm cool with that.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

I hated the Black Labs version, it seemed like it was trying to hard to do a "RAR MODERN" version of the old one.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

It's not even a particularly hard solo to play, but even so they decided they needed to plug it into synths. :roll: If I had access to good recording gear, I'd try to roll out my own response to the lackluster response.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Redleader34 wrote:I hated the Black Labs version, it seemed like it was trying to hard to do a "RAR MODERN" version of the old one.
And the other one was elevator music with somebody mumbling. I can see it fit the Micheal Bay explosion titles really well? :)

PS am I the only one who hasn't read the TF script already? y/n
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I haven't. I've been trying to get out of my previous spoiling ways (I spoiled myself so hard with RotS).
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Old Plympto wrote:I hope this is what passes off as a joke and not the other thing. What's it called? Starts with a S. Ends with Poiler.
A little of leaked scripted whining plus a little youtube clip action mixed with a twenty page thread on Seibertron.com entitled "JAZZ DIES!?!?" makes for some good humor. Oh ho ho.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

The actors have already been contacted for sequels you know.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

That'd be sweet if he became Jazzimus Prime.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

It's not like they couldn't have Jazz's VA play another character in the sequel.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

For comparison, here's a youtube video someone knocked up with the original theme over clips from the new movie.

Youtube
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

Stark wrote: And the other one was elevator music with somebody mumbling. I can see it fit the Micheal Bay explosion titles really well? :)
Thank Primus it's only credit music.

I hope. :P
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

If they were gonna screw up a classic 80's movie track...the least they could have done is get it right.

It starts out as the original movie theme, then after he says "Transformers" the first time, it song itself switches to "City Under Seige" - where the "Decepticons are blitzing Autobot City...".

I mean, come on, how hard is it to play the right fucking song?

You can really tell if you play the Lion version, then switch to the Black Lab version.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Vegi
Redshirt

Post by Vegi »

They were both pretty terrible. The Black Labs part made me think of some emo moody kid. The MuteMeth, while not terrible seemed to miss it completely except for the vocals, which were not bad.