A Stormtrooper Unmasks

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Old Plympto
Jedi Master

A Stormtrooper Unmasks

Post by Old Plympto »

Been a while since I painted, so here's something I came up with my trusty Wacom tablet. Pencilled and painted in Painter Classic, then finished with shadows and highlights in Photoshop 6. No references, so that might be the reason why the far arm looks terrible compared to the nearer one.

Geez, I need to pencil better.

Hope you guys like it.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The eyes on the mask don't seem right. They look too small.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

looks good
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

The Vortex Empire wrote:The eyes on the mask don't seem right. They look too small.
Aye. I should have at least used my Hasbro figure for reference for the helmet's eyes and shadows and other details.

Thanks for the comments, guys.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

I like the concept of it, and the shadows are great. Just the one thing I don't like is the eyes on the helmet.
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

If we are giving constructive criticism... I like the eyes, cool looking style. Much more skull like. My problem is with the left arm or armor pieces. There should be some black between the gauntlet and breast plate as the shoulder armor doesn't wrap all the way around. If that space were blacked out it would give the arm a slimmer look which I think would look better.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

That stormtrooper helmet looks like it's going to cry. I think the helmet misses its owner already. :(
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight