Derelict. A Stargate - nBSG crossover

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Hybrid wrote: “Serpent dethroned seeking the path of righteousness is made desolate by the horrors of the Children of the six and seven, forced the children of God are into running from their true nature into the gates of Oblivion at the behest of the jackal’s jester. End of Line”.
Ooo... Let me see if I can break this down. (broken into two sentences) :

Serpent (Go'a'uld/Anubis)
dethroned seeking the path of righteousness (de-Ascended, definately Anubis)
is made desolate (got his ass kicked)
by the horrors of the Children of the Six and Seven (6+7=13, 13th Colony=Tauri 'Horrors' are the weapons we used to kick Anubis' ass.)

Forced the children of God (Cylons)
are into running from their true nature (what is a Cylon's true nature anyway?)
Into the gates of Oblivion (Death/destruction? Or the Stargates themselves?)
at the behest of the Jackal's Jester (Jackal=Anubis. His jester, Ba'al)

Not five minutes later, who shows his devilish little head? Ba'al. I'm still trying to figure out how Ba'al sent a hologram all the way to Kobol. Nice way to use the Hybrid as foreshadowing.

And now we have Admiral Caine, here to fuck everything up.
Maybe it will be Daniel who'll kill the Pegasus officer, with Tyrol's help? :twisted: Ooo... there's an idea: Take the "I'm Getting My Men" standoff and add the Prommie or Daedalus with 302's active to the mix.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

OH... nearly forgot!

Chris? *SMOOOCHES* It was worth the wait!
:luv:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

Vehrec wrote:Bad things: Antarctic Polar bears. You really dropped the ball on that one Chris. There are no polar bears in the southern hemisphere outside of zoos.
Those were thoughts from Mitchell. He didn't drop the ball, he stayed in-character.

Also: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! It's back! FUCK YEAH! Long chapter. Very long. Very good. Pegasus should be fun, especially with the Earth wild-card. I look forward to seeing how you handle this. The 302s aboard the Galactica are going to be an issue if Tyrol & co. fuck up again.

Annnnd Ninja'd by Tevar. Oh well.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Yippie! And here I thought some putz was just pestering him again! its a chapter!

:: sings ::
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

And what a chapter! Took three seperate posts to get it all in. Definitely moved a hell of a lot of crap along.

Oh, and Tevar, Ba'al is probably in orbit around Kobol seeing as he slipped into the Battlestar universe a little while ago in a cloaked ship.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Academia Nut wrote:And what a chapter! Took three seperate posts to get it all in. Definitely moved a hell of a lot of crap along.

Oh, and Tevar, Ba'al is probably in orbit around Kobol seeing as he slipped into the Battlestar universe a little while ago in a cloaked ship.
See? See what you forget when it's months between updates? :wink:

*snuggles Chris* Love you anyway.

*sudden thought* How many Ba'al-Clones will be meeting the Cylons, I wonder?

Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

LadyTevar wrote:Not five minutes later, who shows his devilish little head? Ba'al. I'm still trying to figure out how Ba'al sent a hologram all the way to Kobol. Nice way to use the Hybrid as foreshadowing.
Last chapter an Alkesh loaded with the most Advanced technology Ba'al has transfered into nBSG-verse. After that it is a tiny 600 lightyear trip for him to get to Caprica. As for how he found it, one thing the Goa'uld excell in is getting information out of humans.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Xon wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Not five minutes later, who shows his devilish little head? Ba'al. I'm still trying to figure out how Ba'al sent a hologram all the way to Kobol. Nice way to use the Hybrid as foreshadowing.
Last chapter an Alkesh loaded with the most Advanced technology Ba'al has transfered into nBSG-verse. After that it is a tiny 600 lightyear trip for him to get to Caprica. As for how he found it, one thing the Goa'uld excell in is getting information out of humans.
*snorts* And just which human would he get that information out of, hmm? None of the BSG humans.

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

For the record, because everyone is pointing it out :P

When Mitchell comments about Polar bears being buzzed, I was GOING to break back to Prometheus and have Mushroom point out mildly to Spartan that there ARE no polar bears in Antarctica, suggesting that he had meant Penguins instead, Spartan and he argue for a few lines, then Mitchell has to try and explain Penguins to Starbuck, fails horribly and just tells Spartan to get on with the story.

I cut it cause it was a bit cheesy, but I completely missed cutting Mitchell's initial comments about the bears as well.

SO we can all just assume Mitchell is still in the US mindset of Antarctica = Arctic or something :)

And Tev, quit that before Nit comes along and hits me with a blunt instrument.

Oh and thanks to Phong for putting up with me through developing this chapter.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Oh and thanks to Phong for putting up with me through developing this chapter.
:D No problem, lemme know if you want any more advice anytime.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

LadyTevar wrote:*snorts* And just which human would he get that information out of, hmm? None of the BSG humans.
The Goa'uld are very good at enslaving humans and getting information out of them. We have seen dozens of ways humans can be mindcontrolled by the Goa'uld and that isnt including slipping a Goa'uld into a human and just reading the memories.

Ba'al is one of the most technologically advanced Goa'uld around, of course he would be stocked up on all those types of technologies. And remember the Asgard transporter he has can be used while cloaked.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Chris OFarrell wrote:And Tev, quit that before Nit comes along and hits me with a blunt instrument.
No, he says I have permission, as long as it doesn't go beyond kissing. :wink:

*SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHIES*

fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Whee! a 26000 word chapter two words: Holy Cheesecake!!!!!!!! :D
That was just good....

Now just write some more before I get a mind-controlling from Ba'al...
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Holy shit, man, that's a wonderfully well written wall of text. I like it very much, and it was very much worth the wait. Keep this coming.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ya know... with all those smaller 'chapters' in the huge Wall O' Text? Couldn't those chapters have been posted singly? Kinda... string it out a little, so we get more of our favorite fanfic sooner? :wink:

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

LadyTevar wrote:Ya know... with all those smaller 'chapters' in the huge Wall O' Text? Couldn't those chapters have been posted singly? Kinda... string it out a little, so we get more of our favorite fanfic sooner? :wink:
/me walks by whistling
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

phongn wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Ya know... with all those smaller 'chapters' in the huge Wall O' Text? Couldn't those chapters have been posted singly? Kinda... string it out a little, so we get more of our favorite fanfic sooner? :wink:
/me walks by whistling
*eyes Phong*

What? Was that your idea and he ignored you?

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Since I like keeping within Chris' good graces and not have Mushroom die in some horrible gangrenous accident, I'll simply neither confirm nor deny :D
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

phongn wrote:Since I like keeping within Chris' good graces and not have Mushroom die in some horrible gangrenous accident, I'll simply neither confirm nor deny :D
If you can get him posting faster, I'll be smooching you as well. :twisted:

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

phongn wrote:Since I like keeping within Chris' good graces and not have Mushroom die in some horrible gangrenous accident, I'll simply neither confirm nor deny :D
Oh, please. We all die of gangrene here.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Awesome, awesome stuff. I'm guessing Cain is going to try and nix the plan and demand that Earth give the fleet weapons to wipe out the Cylons. It will be interesting, though, if Earth insists on dealing with the 'recognized civilian government'. In the show she was the biggest kid on the block, but here Earth might just say 'STFU N00B'.

I have a minor nitpick of my own; A Congressional Medal of Honor can only be awarded by an act of congress. HOWEVER, there is a Congressional Space Medal of Honor which is likely used by the SGC. A slight difference, I know, but that's how my mind works.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Well, couldn't there have been a clossed session of congress, or maybe a backroom polling of men in the know. Wikipedia states that the president may award it in the Name of Congress, so I suppose that their approval is not strictly needed. And there are 9 Medals of Honor that are currently issued for unknown or classified engagements based on that page. Its much more likely that Hammond nominated him for the award, his comanding officers agreed(all the way up to the top), and the Medal decended to our recovering Col.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

In regards to the medal of honor, the research I did on it suggested that the President had the power to award it on *behalf* of congress. Sam says as much in 'Avalon 1' when she awards it to Mitchell in canon.

I'm sure some military nut can clarify it.
lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

Post by lazerus »

MADE OF AWESOME! :D

Long chapter, loved the appearance of Ba'al and the hybrids foreshadowing.
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

You know, I'd forgotten that Cam's medal was actually in the show. NM then.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage