superheroes that marvel or dc will never make

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

superheroes that marvel or dc will never make

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

1. a guy with a TASP like psionic power. (knocks people out by over stimulating thier pleasure centers)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Re: superheroes that marvel or dc will never make

Post by Old Plympto »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:1. a guy with a TASP like psionic power. (knocks people out by over stimulating thier pleasure centers)
Didn't Emma Frost do this once in the New X-Men?
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Old Plympto wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:1. a guy with a TASP like psionic power. (knocks people out by over stimulating thier pleasure centers)
Didn't Emma Frost do this once in the New X-Men?
1. a GUY with a TASP like psionic power. (knocks people out by over stimulating thier pleasure centers)
Is this really a distinction we want to ignore with Marvel? :wink:

On Topic: Beyond a character who fights crime by molesting children, I've got nothing. DC has already given us Bueno Excellente and The Dog-Welder.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Maybe a guy who makes the world a little better by causing harm, therefor causing more people to become superheroes to stop said harm and harm from other villans?

Or a gay dude who stops villans by making them extremely unconfortable?
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
The Yosemite Bear

the 24hour convience store clerk whose body manufactures caffine and other stimulents naturally. thus making him Randal with the power of not having to sleep.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:the 24hour convience store clerk whose body manufactures caffine and other stimulents naturally. thus making him Randal with the power of not having to sleep.
"...Oh man, now where am I going to take chicks to fuck when my mom's home?"

Slightly more seriously, My contribution would be a male superhero that stops villains of either gender with suddenly lubed surprise anal sex. I doubt any villain would want to cross that guy's territory more than once.
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Post by OmegaGuy »

Darth Ruinus wrote:Maybe a guy who makes the world a little better by causing harm, therefor causing more people to become superheroes to stop said harm and harm from other villans?
Hunter Zolomon aka Zoom
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

The Hobo Stomper, he fights poverty-WITH A VENGENCE.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

I was going to mention the superheros in Stephen Lynch's song "Superhero" but Justice Guy exists in the form of the Punisher and the DC equivelant. Though DC had their own Punisher-like "hero" before Marvel made the Punisher.

Immigration Dude from the aformentioned Stephen Lynch song. The only things that Marvel and DC would never make are things that would be offensive enough to get them sued or make them lose a lot of fans. Otherwise there's nothing too cracked out for them to use, even if it's mostly a background character.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Pedestrian-Man: fighting pollution... one step at a time.
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I imagine Rapeman is out of the question.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Local Civic Defender Man!

Uh oh, a pothole on Rt. 9! TO THE CIVIC DEFENSE FAX!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

rhoenix wrote:Slightly more seriously, My contribution would be a male superhero that stops villains of either gender with suddenly lubed surprise anal sex. I doubt any villain would want to cross that guy's territory more than once.
Raw Shark already mentioned Bueno Excellente. :)
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Farman. Fires burning fart gasses out of his ass.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

I'm going to go with a guy who has the ability to accelerate his own age. Bursts of 10 years at minimum, 50 years at maximum. And no he can't make himself young again.
Vegi
Redshirt

Post by Vegi »

SuperOsama. Fights villains by throwing them in planes and crashing said planes into skyscrapers.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

This is a superhero that a Marvel or a DC will never make.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: superheroes that marvel or dc will never make

Post by mr friendly guy »

Starfox comes close.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

The Pimp. A Pimp who alters his form, through time and eras. HE goes from the 1920s pimp, to the 50s Suburban pimp to the 70s blackploation style pimp, to the 80s gritty pimp, to the moder, blackberry wielding, craigslist using iPimp.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Any superhero who, after the second timeovercoming a villain, and has them at his/her mercy, will just kill them, instead of placing them in an easily escapable prison for a return in a sequel.

Contrived Scene:

Doctor Devious: Go ahead Awesome-Man, kill me, I daaare you. (Cackles evilly)

AM: Okay (snaps Dr's neck)

AM (shrugs) : Well, that was simple. Lunch, anyone?

Villians come back too often, and it jus gets boring.. and Joss Wedon needs to write these.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
The Yosemite Bear

I forgot which anime I saw this in, but they had a bunch of magic girls, and one of them kept whining "But I don't want to use my powers, people will get hurt."

final scene they are in space, and she cuts loose with her powers.....

destroying the enemy space station.

Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

DrMckay wrote:Any superhero who, after the second timeovercoming a villain, and has them at his/her mercy, will just kill them, instead of placing them in an easily escapable prison for a return in a sequel.

Contrived Scene:

Villians come back too often, and it jus gets boring.. and Joss Wedon needs to write these.

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

DrMckay wrote:Any superhero who, after the second timeovercoming a villain, and has them at his/her mercy, will just kill them, instead of placing them in an easily escapable prison for a return in a sequel.

Contrived Scene:

Anyone seen Maxwell Lord walking around, lately?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

How about a hero that gets/regains his power from killing other people? Like uses their soul energy or somesuch- but the thing is that every time he uses his power it drains his energy, so he has kill a lot of people to build up enough power to fight off cosmic supervillains.

Hmmm...actually that sounds interesting, a guilt ridden superhero that is reluctant to use his powers.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Marvel actually had a character like that. She was one of Nate Grey's buddies and fed off "death energy" she ended up wandering through critical wards and homeless shelters finishing people off.