Demons: My Student Film

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lazarus
Jedi Master

Demons: My Student Film

Post by Lazarus »

Finally, I have managed the mammoth task of uploading my completed film to youtube! Thus, I present Demons, a short film loosely based on the premise of Stalker, although essentially the only concept taken is that of the zone, there's no actual stalkers etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LQbt0OtiP8M

There's a few things you'll have to give a little leeway to. First, I don't have access to any sort of pool of acting talent, the cast are made up of friends of mine, and they've done their best... which results in the odd unfortunate grin...

Second, the reason why I couldn't reshoot these takes is that I only had about 2 hours to do the whole thing, which is also why there's some mistakes in there that really should have been re-done (and actually a missing scene or two which hopefully won't make it too confusing - the one hour earlier split in particular could have been clearer).

Third, the reason why the team is equipped with pistols and less kit than I wanted is that the guy bringing the gear down had a bad night the evening before and forgot it... :roll:

But anyway, I'd appreciate any comments you have, as I intend to make another film soon so advice would be helpful :)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

To AMP we go
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Hugh
Youngling

Post by Hugh »

I'm not an expert, just a guy who likes movies. Here's my two cents.

Things I liked: Demons is a serious attempt, and it shows. Especially your role as a director. The actors did not have much acting to do in the first place, so they're OK, too. It's nice that you were able to put any suspense at all in a 10-minute movie. The close shots help a lot here.

Things I didn't: even a 10-minute movie should have some amount of story, or at least make a point. Demons pretty much fails at this. Or maybe I missed it. The characters don't get to do anything remotely interesting. Big oops.

Things that need more work: I would have appreciated some wide shots to give a sense of perspective. Oh, and some landscape variation - I didn't get the feeling that the characters were actually separated.

That's about it. :)