That opera guy from Britain's Got Talent

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

That opera guy from Britain's Got Talent

Post by Drewcifer »

I saw Paul Potts (the opera guy) on the news this morning. I generally can't stand opera and this video is a bit melodramatic, but his singing still gave me shivers in my spine. Watch the judge's faces change when he starts to sing...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

edit: had to add this too, singing "Time To Say Goodbye"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Pv-0vpxSc
Last edited by Drewcifer on 2007-06-21 11:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I'm such a sucker for stuff like that :). Big smile from me.

Oh, especially given their expressions right after he said he was going to do opera... ha ha ha!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow. My Italian emotions always seem to come out when I hear opera... I couldn't find any cheeks to kiss after watching that. 100 times better than anything we have on this side of the pond on those shows.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

When I saw some of the footage on Countdown, I was really moved.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

He won - 100 000 punds :-)

Unfortunately this ITV website is not acessible outside of the UK.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I'm not quite sure why Piers Morgan was involved in that show, heh.

Yeah, the bloke was a great singer, He certainly deserved it certainly more than the 5 year old midget .
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Sadly in a few months no one will remember him. All this was was yet another pop idol knock off so Simon Cowell could skim 75% of another wannabe and leave him high and dry when his 15 minutes are up.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

It won't really matter if nobody remembers him, chances are, he'll have been spotted by an agent or two and likely get into singing professionally. He might not appear in music videos or shit, but it's well within believability that he'll end up in musicals in the west end or whatever.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

He had a £1million deal with Sony BMG within a few days of winning - and my understanding is that Simon helped broker the deal, most likely for points (and probably a large piece of the publishing as well). Too, there are some reports that he is in talks to have a movie made of his story.

Unless he falls off the pop culture radar real quick, he should rake in some $$$ before he loses his pop cred.

I just hope he appreciates getting to live out his dream and not take it for granted...
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"