Todays forcast: Light drizzle and slightly damp (UK Summer)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Well, you did ask why it shouldn't be that big a deal, despite the islands infamous weather cycles that are entirely random. Fact of the matter is, we are used to rain. Just not so much, so quickly and for so long. There are places that always flood to some extent when it rains hard for a time, but this is on a scale you'd only see once every two centuries. This type of thing is getting common globally now, and I have my theories as to why that is.

Just have to suck it up, because this is only a taster of what may come. Oh joy.
Master Arachnos
Youngling

Post by Master Arachnos »

When driving back from Glastonbury on Monday (which i have to say was even worse than the infamous festival of 2 years ago), the weather pattern was the same travelling back up to the North East. It went sunshine, monsoon, sunshine, monsoon, sunshine, monsoon and then just petered out at North Yorks / Co.Durham

Imagine my suprise to find out that the NE had been quite reasonable all weeknd, especially compared to the monsoon it had the week before when the cricket test match was on.

At least the red-top newspapers can switch out their Global warming causes heatwaves banners to Global warming causes disasters one.