Nation with best army recruitment ads

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Nation with best army recruitment ads

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

I'd never really thought about it before, but I guess other countries need to stir up silly maudlin nationalism in the viewer's heart for their army recruitment ads, just like the ads over here.

I'm going to open the bidding with this Czech ad for the armed forces. What can you find?
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I will raise you the Canadian Forces ad.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Army strong with its unvoluntary comedic value is easily the best. I laughed tears when i saw that the first time.
Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

I give you Africa (as you might guess, the Swedish armed forces focuses on peacekeeping nowadays).
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

This USMC ad is pretty good, though it's not the current one they're showing.

IMO, the Marines have gotten it right when it comes to their recruiting advertisements over here. The Army is now starting to follow suit a little with the Army Strong ads, though they still have a ways to go I think.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Yeah, here in the States the different branches all have vastly different advertising campaigns. Both the Air Force and the Navy tend to give off a "LOL Xtreme IRL gaming!" vibe. By far the worst offender is the Army with their "pay for college through camping w/ guns!". Only the Marine Corps adverts tend to stress the values that I would think they actually look for in a recruit, but who knows. They're all probably getting desperate these days.
Pollux
Padawan Learner

Post by Pollux »

If it will get me her, sign me up for the Russian Army. :wink:

And a more traditional one: Russian Army.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I am going to decimate that czech commercial.

#1: that patch just says "AIM HERE"

#2. 1983 Datsun Pickups =\= Good combat support vehicles. Especially when they apprently have a 30 person medical facility in the bed.

#3. Unarmed self defense practice in the rain is just ungodly stupid. you're just ASKING for a back injury (Slip+Fall)

#4. Two T-72's with 10 feet between them+1 antitank mine= 0 T-72's.

#5. Who starts rotors a-spinning with a fucking cockpit OPEN. IN A HIND, No less.

#6. Glass IV Bottle.

#7. Commandos popping up out of the water like the little mermaid= losing the element of surprise.

#8. I think I would like to play whatever video game this is advertising, but as military ads go...you know, Go Czech republic and all, but damn, pray for peace was never held in higher regard.
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

I was about to post the following ad in HAB when I noticed someone had posted it elsewhere but I think this Ukrainian ad takes the cake for hilarity...

Oddly enough I've never seen the this Australian Army ad although I think a lot of the ADF print/image ad's are pretty good.

Edit:
@Chardok
1. not sure which patch you mean, I'm guessing the flag patch. It's probably removable just like a lot of other countries with bright blue/red/white colour combos... leave it on for wandering about, take it off in a shitstorm. And it looks like it's on a helicopter crewmans arm in which case who cares. I'll leave the other points.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

If the USMC said "if you're 18 you can drink on post!" then their ads would be the best ever. (in an American context, where the drinking age is 21)
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Duh, the U.S. Naval Reserve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWBdvAP22M
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Well I can't find any of the NZ army adds on youtube or google.

Do have this though: http://www.force9.co.nz/
:D
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Edit:
@Chardok
1. not sure which patch you mean, I'm guessing the flag patch. It's probably removable just like a lot of other countries with bright blue/red/white colour combos... leave it on for wandering about, take it off in a shitstorm. And it looks like it's on a helicopter crewmans arm in which case who cares. I'll leave the other points.
Yeah, it is. (on a heli crewman's) But I was trying to make the list a bit longer for dramatic effect. ;-)
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

By far, the most accurate and truthfull recruitment video ever made, right here.

If anyone is wondering, the Pentagon was not impressed, and these guys got their pee pee schwacked pretty hard
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

You win the thread WP.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Wicked Pilot wrote:By far, the most accurate and truthfull recruitment video ever made, right here.
It wouldn't surprise me to know that wearing safety glasses clearing a paper jam is, in fact, SOP.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Sephirius wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAXJaFydwM

Japan Wins, thread over.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Japanese are freaking aliens from outer space