In Memoria (40K)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

Dominus wrote: Unreliable elements at work in the Inquisition? Oh Emperor, perish the thought! :P
Hmm, Inquisition vessel capable of moving very quickly from point to point? I wonder who or what might have modified the ship . . .

Unless there is obvious Chaos manifestation at those sites, I would bet Necron. High speed, and Xenology already placed a few Lords in the Inquisition.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Coalition wrote:
Dominus wrote: Unreliable elements at work in the Inquisition? Oh Emperor, perish the thought! :P
Hmm, Inquisition vessel capable of moving very quickly from point to point? I wonder who or what might have modified the ship . . .

Unless there is obvious Chaos manifestation at those sites, I would bet Necron. High speed, and Xenology already placed a few Lords in the Inquisition.
Or maybe he has a good Navigator that just happens to know the little known and tricky warp route that his house discovered that allowed him to do that. :roll:
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Or maybe he has a good Navigator that just happens to know the little known and tricky warp route that his house discovered that allowed him to do that. :roll:
That is way to obvious to be the case ;)

Still love the story, still love the characters - keep up the great work :)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Lydia Meradin flexed her gauntleted right hand, a gift from Jolan Gix. Her near-death experience at the hands of the Plaguebearer had disturbed her and she had agreed that she needed a better weapon than knives for close quarter fighting. Gard Vikal had scanned her hand and Jolan Gix had delivered the specifics.

It had been the Men of Iron who had designed the weapon, although she did not yet know of their existence. They had delivered a silver gauntlet that covered her arm to the elbow. Targeting interlinks, recessed lightning claws, and digital weapons were at her command as well as augmented strength. It responded beautifully to her commands, even without her machine empathy. She smiled and flexed her fingers again.

The others were more relaxed, but then again they had been at other meetings with Gix. This was the first time she had attended a mission discussion in the living room of his personal quarters. They were the long service veterans, the men and women whom he had taken with him when he had invoked Special Condition and faked his own death. She was the newcomer here.

Jolan walked in the room, followed by Selanon Kay. The Navigator wore a cobalt blue scarf over his warp eye and the inquisitor carried a chart under his arm. "Last minute details," said Gix. "Thank you all for coming. Your undoubtedly wondering what I have to say."

"First, credit where credit is due. Master Kay may have discovered the identity of the Mandrassi Harrowers."

Danel Keys leaned out of the shadowy corner where he stood, his eyes dark and glittering. "How accurate is this information?"

"Very," said Jolan. "It is, however, only circumstantial. And the suspect is Lord Inquisitor Sentendar Brokk." Jolan laid the star chart on the table and unrolled it. The movements of the Tormentium were marked in gold, the Harrowing attacks in red. Red lines between them formed a very easy to pattern.

"Brokk?" said Lydia and then realized all eyes were staring at her. "The Wasting of Linoa Brokk? The Kutenar Executions Brokk?"

"Yes," said Jolan Gix. "That Brokk. Or more specifically, the Brokk that has shown Recongregationist sympathies."

"The Harrowing-" began Melina.

"-is rather extreme, even by Recongregator standards," said Jolan Gix. "But if he has been hiding the full depth of his commitment to that philosophy, it makes sense. We have motive. We have opportunity."

"We need meat boss," said Heth. "For a lord inquisitor, we need more."

"Indeed," said Jolan. "And we do and we will. There is one more incident of note regarding the Tormentium. The ship was close Tristram when the PsyKing made his escape."

"Brokk's name didn't come up on the list of the Rising Phoenix's puppets," said Melina.

"No, he didn't," said Jolan. "It is, however, quite possible the PsyKing kept his identity to himself and didn't inform the rest of the cult. Remember, the followers of Tzeentch plot against each other as well as against the Imperium. For a Recongregationist extremist, a chaos agent that produces flashy and ultimately failed rebellions that lead to stronger regimes being put in place of weaker ones is a very valuable agent."

"Stronger heretic regimes," muttered Hethor.

"Do we strike, my lord?" asked Keys, a terrible eagerness in his eyes.

"It isn't enough," said Jolan. "Not yet."

"My lord-"

"I think he's guilty. I need better evidence, so I can forestall the inevitable reaction when we take him out. Even parts of this map are supposition. We will, or more precisely, you will deliver confirmation into our hands."

"What do you intend?" asked Keys.

"You're going to take his Navigator and Batista is going to pry the truth about Tormentium's location out of his brain. Then we will avenge your liege-lord and every other innocent Brokk has murdered."
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-10-25 11:15pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

Emperor's teeth, so Brokk was that bastard whose ship the PsyKing used to escape from Jolan in one of their earlier encounters, many chapters back. :evil: I take it that he was the one who the PsyKing deliberately lost to at that game of chess?

I hope Gix burns him alive. I've no respect for deranged Recongregators, none whatsoever, and when they make themselves into pawns of the Ruinous Powers I think we can all agree that a nice 'interrogation' session conducted by the Dark Eldar would be too kind a fate for them.

On a side note, how do these radical inquisitors manage to amass such a large following as to make it dangerous to permanently remove them from power, in fear of the inevitable reaction? The same thing came up at the symposium and in the aftermath of the demise of the Rising Phoenix, when a great many snubbed radicals became active enemies thanks to Gix's work uncovering compromised agents in the Ordos. You never saw, say, Eisenhorn with such a large following, and I daresay that beyond Kyria and Maladar, Jolan doesn't have all that much in the way of diehard supporters either. It's something I've always found rather strange, in any case...
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Yes it was indeed Brokk who gave the PsyKing a lift.

As for deranged Radicals with large followings, Jolan's previous problems are largely with Puritans. Brokk has concealed the true extent of his Recogregator leaning, and to put it in context with Eisenhorn, has nothing like the power or influence than Quixos had.

As for Jolan or Kyra having a small following, that's incorrect. Jolan has allies from the Officio Assassinorum to the Adeptus Mechanicus and has an influential position in two reform minded Inquisition secret orders as well as being inducted into the deeper levels of the Ordo Malleus. He can command custum designed warships be built with Dark Age technology and expect it to happen. Jolan's influence is like an iceberg, most of it is hidden.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I was looking forward to the Psyking showing up again. Here's hoping his next apearance is his last (hopefully with an epic battle thrown in.)
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

I've finally sat down and read all of this, and I have to say it's some of the best 40k fiction I've ever read. Fantastic.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Jolan's influence is like an iceberg, most of it is hidden.
Well said. I suppose the hangup was caused by the fact that I was still inclined to view Gix as he was right before he declared Special Condition and went deep undercover, for some odd reason, irrespective of his recent accomplishments. :?

Oh well, this gives me an excuse to go back and re-read all the material I've doubtlessly overlooked--not that I really needed one, but there you have it. :P
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Dominus wrote:
Imperial Overlord wrote:Jolan's influence is like an iceberg, most of it is hidden.
Well said. I suppose the hangup was caused by the fact that I was still inclined to view Gix as he was right before he declared Special Condition and went deep undercover, for some odd reason, irrespective of his recent accomplishments.
He was in some disfavor from the open factions then, but still had his connections with the Adraxian Conspiracy, Officio, and Kyra Neven's little conspiracy among others. Again, the iceberg metaphor describes it well. The public opinion of his peers in Inquisition represents only a fraction of the connections and resources he can call upon.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Danell Keys walked into the dilapidated chapel. The two leather clad enforcers inside the door let him pass. They wore silver aquila pendants and carried battered autoguns. Inside there was peeling plaster and faded frescoes of saints and primarchs. The pews were battered, stained, and covered in innumerable scars. With the exception of men with guns, the church was almost empty.

The assassin approached the front of the church with its tarnished brass aquila hanging just behind the altar. "It's a pity how far this place has fallen," said the man in the second pew from the front. Two more men in leathers, with concealed guns, stood by the pillars flanking the alter. Two others sat several rows behind the man who spoke.

"Yes," lied Keys. He sat down beside the gangster. Mikrane Elios wasn't a tall man, but he was big and some of his bulk was muscle. He wore an expensive leather overcoat over silks and synthetics. His round face was clean shaven, although pitted from a childhood disease. His eyes were watery.

"The Ecclesiarchy has all but forgotten this place. It prefers grander cathedrals for the more privileged folk. We, however, remain. Our faith is strong, as is our devotion. We fight the mutos and the heretics and other abominations. We protect our people."

It was an ancient pattern, probably old before man reached the stars. The organized crime gang would adopt the colours of the neighborhood protector, performing token acts of charity and violently acting out its prejudices. The acts might even be sincere, but at the core they were parasites and predators. Money would trump all.

"Noble," said Danell, trying for a neutral comment. "Your piety does you credit."

"I am a simple man, who often must do unpleasant deeds," said Elios, his voice dripping with false modesty.

"I hope you don't feel that our business would conflict with the Emperor's desires."

"That would depend," Elios said.

"I need a well protected mutant captured. He'll have a lot of bodyguards and travel in an armoured vehicle."

"You mean a Navigator."

"Yes."

"Can't be done. Too well protected and too much heat if its done."

"And if the protection isn't a problem and the price is worth the heat?"

"There isn't enough money."

"I can minimize exposure."

"You can't possibly deliver on that."

"An investigation will uncover evidence that it was off planet mercenaries posing as local elements," said Keys. "That's already set up. I can deliver weapons, a route, and a plan."

"For a Navigator's bodyguard?"

"I can deliver man portable anti-tank weapons. You get to keep them. And the money."

"Continue."

"I need the Navigator delivered to me alive. You'll get weapons and gear to make that easier as well. There will be clues that will allow them to play connect the dots to indicators of off world mercenary involvement. And I will pay you a great deal of money."

"Let's talk numbers."
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Ah Inquisitor vs Inquisitor interplay with the locals as pawns who will probably all be killed.
Is there anything more fun? :D
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Chris OFarrell wrote:Ah Inquisitor vs Inquisitor interplay with the locals as pawns who will probably all be killed.
I'm shocked, shocked, that you think that Keys would lie to a bunch of gangsters to get them to do what he wanted and then throw them under the bus.

Clearly my characterization skills are better than I thought. :D
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Imperial Overlord wrote:
Chris OFarrell wrote:Ah Inquisitor vs Inquisitor interplay with the locals as pawns who will probably all be killed.
I'm shocked, shocked, that you think that Keys would lie to a bunch of gangsters to get them to do what he wanted and then throw them under the bus.

Clearly my characterization skills are better than I thought. :D
My dear, some things are just that transparent. Normally you're better obfuscating your intent ;)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Heh, if the gangster is stupid enough to accept a job like that, he deserves what he gets. If he was the really devious sort, he could always sell Keyes out to the target, however. That would be fantastically dangerous, and require a very subtle touch, as well as a huge amount of self confidence. This guy probably only has one of the requirements.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:Heh, if the gangster is stupid enough to accept a job like that, he deserves what he gets. If he was the really devious sort, he could always sell Keyes out to the target, however. That would be fantastically dangerous, and require a very subtle touch, as well as a huge amount of self confidence. This guy probably only has one of the requirements.
Sure he could, but he doesn't have the name or route yet so its not a big loss. It's not likely though. Keys selected a bigot for a reason and all the money and weapons are a huge temptation.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

The air was thick with the smell of ozone and burnt flesh. Danell Keys put away his pistol. "So much for that plan," he said to the darkness. Of course, it was transparent to his eyes.

The Stormtroopers emerged from the darkness. "All accounted for," said Lieutenant Ganz. "Snipers outside reporting all kills."

"Understood," said Keys as he surveyed the bodies of the fallen mobsters. "They must have figured out I was going to use them and discard them. So they decided to show up, get the guns, and kill me. This leaves me in something of a quandary. I'm in need of dupes."

"For how long?" asked Ganz.

"What?"

"How long does the cover have to last?"

"Two weeks," said Keys.

"Then it can still work. Put them on ice, blow them up in our wake, make it look like a heavy weapons fuck up. By the time forensics sorts it out, you'll have your time. Sir."

"I still need a hit team."

"You have us. And we won't fuck it up, unlike these guys."

"Hmmm," said Keys. "I was planning on using you for the snatch team, but yes that is logical. What happens if we lose people?"

"Me and my men are ghosts sir. Purged from most data bases. From when the boss went Special Condition. Some of us didn't get switched back."

"I think perhaps Inquisitor Gix gave the job to the wrong man."

"Only if you get in the way, sir."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Target entering the zone," said Corporal Stren, talking into her collar. The dark haired woman scrunched up more in her dark overcoat. The Navigator's enclave was in a poorer district, thanks to zoning restrictions. The planetary nobility and the Ecclesiarchy didn't want to be contaminated by association with the mutants. "One armoured ground car front and back, armoured limo in the center."

Most of the buildings followed the pattern of having a ground floor business, often struggling, and several stories of apartments on top. The buildings were either brick or concrete and most were sound enough, if in need of some upkeep. If one looked up, you could see the smoke trailing from the chimneys of the factories that employed many of the people who worked in the district.

"I hope he's not doing anything cute," said Ganz as he watched the approaching convoy."

"What do you mean?" asked Keys.

"I mean its going to suck if he's not in the limo and we kill him by mistake." Both men were both apparently enjoying the dubious cuisine of a sidewalk cafe along the route.

"Here they come," said Keys. He raised his caff to his lips and drank, watching them go by like any other local might do. He wasn't doing anything sinister yet, nothing that would attract more than the passing attention of a nervous bodyguard.

"Go," Ganz into his vox. Three hundred meters away a sniper waited on a roof top. The armour of the cars allowed them to resist most hand weapons, but a long las with a hot shot round could burn right through the armour and the engine block.

A crimson thread connected the end of the rifle to the hood of the lead vehicle. There was a white flash as metal was vaporized and volatile fluids ignited. Gas jetted from the wound. The sniper smoothly reloaded and fired again.

The limo driver slammed on the brakes and managed to avoid colliding with the front car as it lurched in the road. The limo and the car behind it were slammed into reverse as two of Ganz's men appeared from side streets. One had a short barreled lasgun, the other a grenade launcher. A krak grenade went into the hood of the lead car. It detonated with a loud bang and turned what was left of the engine into junk. Burning petrochemicals covered the front the vehicle and dripped down into the street. The next krak grenade went through the front wind shield as the other man hosed the vehicle down with rapid fire las bursts. Then a frag round went through the gap where the windshield used to be. And then another.

Stren was ready as the rear car backed toward her. A plasma or melta gun would have been ideal in this situation, but had been vetoed as being too exotic. Mercenaries were more likely to use lases and grenade launchers. The Emperor cursed cover required the use of inferior gear.

She raised the tubular barrel and fired. The krak grenade turned the left rear wheel and part of the axle into wreckage. The car skidded sideways, kicking up sparks along the pavement. She put a round into the backseat door and the driver's side door. The krak grenades made holes the size of her fist going in, but they scourged the occupants with jets of liquid metal, shock waves, and armour fragments. She fired the remaining three grenades into the car and drew her pistol.

The limo attempted to force the car behind it out of the way, but unfortunately for its occupants it was still too close to Danell Keys. A single small grenade was thrown and struck the front of the limo. The grenades detonated, sending visible arcs of electricity sliding over the skin of the vehicle as the haywire charged disrupted all but the most primitive technology within the vehicle.

Ganz had a laspistol in hand and a step behind the assassin. Keys was now wrapped in a hazy shimmer, the mark of an active refractor field. The snatch necessitated a certain amount of risk and this part he would handle personally. A slim power blade was gripped steadily in his right hand as he reached the limo.

The power blade sliced through armour and hinges like the they were mushy cardboard. The door came off easily and he popped a stun grenade inside, dropping down and out of the way. A shot rang out but missed. The grenade went off with a loud bang. He reached in and grabbed the nearest person. Slim, expensively dressed, and not a Navigator. Probably an aide or long serving retainer. Keys decapitated him and lunged inside. A beef bodyguard was next. The power blade went into his eye.

Then there was the Navigator. Keys shot him with his digital needler and then dragged him out. "Finish it," he said to Ganz as their van arrived. Behind him the Stormtrooper tossed grenades into the car.

The job would look like a mercenary or professional hit. The ransom demand they would send in a day would be suitably exorbidant and confusing. Sometime later the bodies of the gangster would be found along with several of the weapons used here and carelessly left information that would incriminate a local bishop that Keys had decided to frame based soley on the fact that he was the clergyman most likely to annoy Jolan Gix. It would take years to sort things out and the locals wouldn't know what really happened. More than enough time to discover whether or not they had found the man who had murdered his lord.
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-08-31 05:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Thats the gix I know :D nice work have been reading yours, it is good, but the wait is still too long....
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Batista Vonnil and Lydia Meradin followed Jolan Gix down the basement stairs. They were beneath a rented warehouse that had been procured by Keys for holding the prisoner. It was far away from the site of the attacks and secured by Gix's Stormtroopers. It was as secure and as inconspicuous as could be.

Two naked bulbs provided lighting for the narrow corridor. At the other end of the hall was a steel door. A Stormtrooper stood guard.

Jolan addressed the guard. "Status?"

"The prisoner is bound with an inhibitor and his warp eye is covered. A psi tracker is trained on the room at all times. Your agent is in the room guarding the prisoner. Equipment has been delivered as per his instructions."

"Very good," said Gix. "Open the door."

The guard slid back a bolt and opened the door. Jolan and the two psykers walked into the room. There was another naked bulb overhead, but a bank of lights had been set up on the left side. Several large pieces of arcane machinery had been assembled and connected to a series of large batteries. The Navigator was tied naked to a chair in the center of the room. Danell Keys sat easily in another chair.

The Navigator was bruised and bloodied, but the wounds appeared superficial. Around his neck was an inhibitor collar and an helmet covered his eyes and top of his head. Screws secured the helmet tightly to the Navigator's head. Keys coolly watched his lord and master.

Gix looked over at Lydia. "Assemble the chair," he ordered. The interrogator walked over to the machinery and began assembling the last piece. It was a fold out long chair made of dark metal, with shackles built into it. It took her less than a minute to have it ready. "Move the prisoner," Gix ordered.

Danell and Lydia walked over to the Navigator. Keys cut the ropes and they both seized his limbs. He tried to struggle, but both of them hit him with agonizing pressure point strikes and carried his body over to the chair. They adjusted the shackles and then closed them over his limbs.

"Continue preparations," Jolan Gix ordered Lydia. The woman turned on the medical scanners and placed several contacts on the Navigator's torso. Other machinery was turned on and powered up.

"Harvu Belevecas, Navigator of the Navis Nobilae, we will have truthful answers from you. It will go easier from you if you do not resist."

"You are a fool," the Navigator hissed. "Do you think this darkness hides your identity? I may not be able to see you, but I know who you are. You are agents of the Inquisition. I am not the first and will not be the last of my house you will kill, but know this: without us there is no Imperium. Your just a bigoted, suspicious fool killing one of those who helps keep the Imperium alive. Your just another traitor."

"Such an interesting word," said Jolan Gix. "Treason." He nodded to Lydia as she brought a swinging armature studded with blades and needles around towards the back of Harvu's skull. "Depending on the belief system of who is using the word, it can mean so many different things."

Jolan looked at the electoo on his hand, which was displaying the data from the medical scanners. He walked over to a black case, took out an autoinjector, and loaded it with a chemical vial. He set the dosage with a dial. "Mutant. Psyker. Heretic. Rebel. Terrorist. So many things. The type of traitor I am interested isn't a genetic deviant. I don't care about your house or you genes Belevecas, I care about where you have been. I care about the mass murder of Imperial citizens and the destruction of Imperial property in the service of a deluded and extreme ideology."

"Gix," Belevecas whispered. "You are working with Gix."

"I am Jolan Gix," he replied as he injected the Navigator in the throat. "What I care about is the Maddrassi Harrowing."

"Spiking," warned Batista.

"I see it," replied Gix. "The chemical will deaden your resistance to psychic abilities, as well as inhibit any psychic powers you happen to possess." He entered a series of commands on the side of the servo arm. Red scanning beams shot out, tracing the back of Belevecas's skull and neck. There was a faint whine as the servo arm's motors repositioned itself.

Gix removed the inhibitor necklace. "The odds of you resisting this procedure are very low, so low that it is a virtual certainty if it doesn't kill you first. You are very, very unlikely to die." The servo arm moved forward, sinking needles into the base of his spine.

Belevecas froze. Gix turned to watch a monitor display. "Tear his mind open," he ordered Meridan and Vonnil. "I want those answers."
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-08-11 04:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Imperial Overlord wrote:It was as secure as inconspicuous as could be.
As Secure and inconspicuous as could be' would be what you were aiming for, aff? And that machine. . . gives me the creeps. Part of me wants to know what it does, and the other parts all want it very far away.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Vehrec wrote:
Imperial Overlord wrote:It was as secure as inconspicuous as could be.
As Secure and inconspicuous as could be' would be what you were aiming for, aff? And that machine. . . gives me the creeps. Part of me wants to know what it does, and the other parts all want it very far away.
It's a variation on the machine in Traitor General that assists in psychic interrogation.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Lord Inquisitor Sentendar Brokk starred out the window of his suite at the cargo barges were loading the mammoth cargo ship City of Illumination. A cocoon of steel and a tiny army of men in space suits and repair pods swarmed around Tormentium. The ship had been in bad need of a full repair and refit before it arrived. "Any leads on what happened to Harvu?"

Interrogator Eraine Gersh answered her lord. She was a tall, beefy woman with red-brown hair wearing a studded brown leather jacket over black tunic and trousers. "We have indications that it was off world mercenaries using local gangs as cover. We're still trying to follow a money trail."

"There could be more to this than local extremists hiding their trail. Any sign of Gix?"

"There are two ships in system that could be the Eternal Will under another name. They've both been checked out and it has been confirmed they are not Gix's ship."

"He could still be here."

"Yes, my lord."

Brokk turned towards his subordinate and stepped toward her. Gersh was not a small woman and by her body weight was more than fifty percent augmentics. She had been plain once, and then wounds had made her hideous. She had solved that problem by grafting the skin of a dead heretic to her rebuilt flesh and was now almost beautiful. Almost. She had the dead eyes of a deep ocean predator and not a hint of humanity or softness in her stance and body language.

Brokk towered over the woman, being a full two meters in height. Growth hormones, augmentics, and vat grown tissue grafts had reinforced his frame and built it up to its current size. Brokk was a devotee of the belief in value of brute physical strength in both combat and in social interactions. Subtlety remained an option for everyone, but intimidation was made much easier by a superior physical display.

The inquisitor augmented his fearsome bulk with an array of dark scars that marred his light brown skin. Grinning death's head electoos on his cheeks and forearms

"If Gix is here, it will be disguised," said Gersh, "and not under his name. Finding him will be difficult."

"Closer to impossible," said Brokk. "He was able to fool men who were trying to hunt him down and kill him when he went Special Condition. We should not attempt the impossible when we have other options. Keep everyone at full alert as long as we are in system."

"You think he pursues us after all this time?"

"Yes. I over reached at Mandrassi." He held up his hand, silencing her objections before she could speak. "Yes, I was successful but we drew too much attention and left too much of a trail. Gix won't forget Mandrassi and he's too smart."

"Then we should kill him lord."

"Those who try to kill Jolan Gix end up dying," said Brokk. "When I move against him, I intend to drop moon on him. Or an atomic. Now what did you initially come here to tell me?"

"Aledail sent a message. He has some very promising findings."

"Really?"

"Really. Potentially his most important work ever. A buried Dark Age facility."

"Interesting. If it has the right contents, we could do much with it and the Mechanicus."

"And Harvu?" she asked.

"Have Malmeed continue to follow the investigation. If Gix was involved and left a trace to find, he will find it. If Gix does move against us, without the Eternal Will he will only have a small number of soldiers at his disposal without tipping his hand. His history indicates that he may still try to attack us with a small, hand picked force even under those conditions. Let him."

Gersh smiled cruelly. "That would be pleasant indeed." Brokk had long ago prepared defences that would be more than adequate against Jolan Gix and his ragged little band.

"You enjoy suffering too much," said Brokk.

She shrugged. "As you say lord. I just want to stop watching over my shoulder."

"Liar," he replied without heat. "You just want to see Gix, twitching and helpless."

"That too."
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

The evil guys are preparing... not that it will help them, though ;-)

Imperial Overlord, how much of the story do you have planned in advance ? Do you have a general plan what Gix will do, a certain aim he has to achieve or do you plan it in episodes ?
I'd like to know whether we can expect nearly ad infinitum or whether there will be a final installment (not that I'´d want one ;-) )

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Raesene wrote:The evil guys are preparing... not that it will help them, though ;-)

Imperial Overlord, how much of the story do you have planned in advance ? Do you have a general plan what Gix will do, a certain aim he has to achieve or do you plan it in episodes ?
I'd like to know whether we can expect nearly ad infinitum or whether there will be a final installment (not that I'´d want one ;-) )
I've had the general lay of this part of the story for about a year, subject to a few changes and modifications. In Memoria is nearing the end, although that won't be the only Jolan Gix story I will write (I will be giving him a rest and catching up on my unfinished projects).

Some things I have well planned out and haven't started. I already have the basic outlines and plots for the next two Nalifan stories, Marriage & Mayhem and The Face of My Enemy, done.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Don't neglect your Earthdawn story, or Maladar...

or generally - keep writing :-)

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer