Just for pictures?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Shrykull
Jedi Master

Just for pictures?

Post by Shrykull »

what about some other art forms, poetry or whatnot?
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Huh?
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

This is clearly a forum for things that come in the form of files. Pictures, videos and music. If you want to show off your poetry I'm sure you can do so in OT or the fanfic forum.
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Is poetry not art? Post away!!!11 (just dont be surprised when I dont read it)

I suppose OT might be acceptable as well. Fanfic would really depend on the subject matter wouldnt it?
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

phred wrote:Is poetry not art?
I take it you don't want a serious explanation as to why most poetry sucks ass and should only barely be considered an artform due to technicalities? :P
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I've seen plenty of original fiction posted in the FanFic forum. So I can't imagine why poetry would be any more frowned upon.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

RogueIce wrote:I've seen plenty of original fiction posted in the FanFic forum. So I can't imagine why poetry would be any more frowned upon.
Maybe if it were actually telling a story or something, but seriously, how much modern poetry is based around the author's crappy life and saying how much xxx sucks and how nobody understands them again?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

General Zod wrote:
RogueIce wrote:I've seen plenty of original fiction posted in the FanFic forum. So I can't imagine why poetry would be any more frowned upon.
Maybe if it were actually telling a story or something, but seriously, how much modern poetry is based around the author's crappy life and saying how much xxx sucks and how nobody understands them again?
That's not poetry. That's simply a more flowery version of something you should stick in Venting. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

General Zod wrote:
Try reading better poets. I don't know many that write in English, but I have read Dutch poetry that wasn't just emo venting and managed to be quite beautiful.

It's as legitimate an artform as music, when done properly.
Zaia
Inamorata

Re: Just for pictures?

Post by Zaia »

Shrykull wrote:what about some other art forms, poetry or whatnot?
I think this question is rather stupid, considering the title of the forum clearly includes more than just pictures.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Bounty wrote: Try reading better poets. I don't know many that write in English, but I have read Dutch poetry that wasn't just emo venting and managed to be quite beautiful.
Can't be bothered to sledge through all the drek that's out there. :P
It's as legitimate an artform as music, when done properly.
Except that most of its writers tend to either be bad or be pretentious twits.