Someone explain Hulk tearing Wolverine in half

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Bluewolf wrote:Is there any way to kill him?! :?
We once had a thread where several imaginative methods were discussed for putting him down permanently. I personally prefer 'convince Doctor Strange' to do it, but incinerating him and dropping his skeleton into concrete was popular (as I recall).
in a classic issue where he casually bitchslaps Wolverine (and the rest of the X-Men for that matter)
I will always enjoy that moment. Good old Spidy - one of the most deceptive heavy hitters in comics.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:
in a classic issue where he casually bitchslaps Wolverine (and the rest of the X-Men for that matter)
I will always enjoy that moment. Good old Spidy - one of the most deceptive heavy hitters in comics.
Why can't fanboys wank about that bit from Secret Wars instead it's got to be "the Hulk can lift billions of tons because he held up a fucking mountain". :roll: One last time. He kept a piece of mountain from colapsing in on them. Most of it was braced around the group so he wasn't holding up a whole mountain.

With his speed, strength, agility, reflexes, and his "spider sense" Spiderman could be a lot more dangerous than he usually is. It's a good thing he's a good guy.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Tsyroc wrote:With his speed, strength, agility, reflexes, and his "spider sense" Spiderman could be a lot more dangerous than he usually is. It's a good thing he's a good guy.
Not to mention his scientific ingenuity. He may not be a Tony Stark or Reed Richards, but he did show considerable genius in developing his web-slingers and several kinds of webbing in his basement on a shoe-string budget while he was still in high-school.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

DesertFly wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:With his speed, strength, agility, reflexes, and his "spider sense" Spiderman could be a lot more dangerous than he usually is. It's a good thing he's a good guy.
Not to mention his scientific ingenuity. He may not be a Tony Stark or Reed Richards, but he did show considerable genius in developing his web-slingers and several kinds of webbing in his basement on a shoe-string budget while he was still in high-school.
Do we know where Peter Parker ranks? Richards is #1 and Amadeus Cho is now 7th. Is he say, top 10 if he had spent more time trying to be smart and less time being a smart ass?

As far as Wolvie is concerned he is Marvel's Superman. Or at least Golden Age Supes. Writters seem to have no rules when they are doing him. You can't rip him in half. You can't take away the adamantium to kill him. You can't burn him to a crisp, you apparently can't drown him, he doesn't need to eat, does he not need air then? Can Xavier fry his brain or will all his memory engrams heal?

I wish someone would just rip his fucking claws out. I know they will regrow but at least he won't be able to cut through everything anymore. :evil: OOO better yet. Fry all the tissue off his bones then take each bone and encase it in a block of adamantium then send every bone to another planet.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

havokeff wrote: I wish someone would just rip his fucking claws out. I know they will regrow but at least he won't be able to cut through everything anymore. :evil: OOO better yet. Fry all the tissue off his bones then take each bone and encase it in a block of adamantium then send every bone to another planet.
If I recall, he has battled the motherfucking Hulk a couple of times... to a stalemate. Give me a fucking break. Hulk is Marvel's powerhouse, on par with Thor or Gladiator, and he can't take down Lamerine.

Reminds of the time Lames beat Lobo... I would fucking pay to see how that fight should have turned out. Lobo would have tied his dork hair style into pig tails while fucking him in the ass.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stravo wrote: Spiderman summed him up right in a classic issue where he casually bitchslaps Wolverine (and the rest of the X-Men for that matter) "You're nothing more than a thug with pig stickers in your hands."
The actual quote... "Now, why is my Spider-Sense tingling? Is that you again Wolvie? Dummy! NOBODY can sneak up on me--! Those pigstickers may scare the bar room bullies, but to me you're a JOKE!" :twisted:

For all the kiddies that DON'T know.

links for the actual pages
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/havokeff/SW2.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/havokeff/SW3.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/havokeff/SW4.jpg

I love that it only takes 3 pages for Spidey to kick the X-Mens's collective homo superior asses.

P.S. Mike Zeck rules!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Noble Ire wrote:
TheDarkling wrote:
Superman wrote:Why not just drown him?
As absurd as it may be, he would most likely heal the damage caused by oxygen deprivation.
So then why does he need to eat? I seem to recall a similar thread describing him coming close to starving to death (although, he did save himself by eating his own flesh and having it regenerate, but that's not the same thing). Wouldn't his cells simply "heal" from nutrient-deprivation?
My theory is that his healing factor functions exactly as that, it will repair any damage done to him, but it won't provide him energy to function. Hence Wolverine eats simply to get chemical energy, any other reason to consume food is a non-issue for him.

Anyway, I agree with Stravo, disintegration is the sure fire way to kill Wolverine. According to the Nitro incident that people have brought up, he fights against some guy in Limbo, if he wins he regenerates, if he loses he finally dies. However, with no organic tissue left (his brain was protected by the adamantium skull) there's nothing to regenerate from.

Of course for lower power options just rob him of his powers and then just either let him die from adamantium poisoning or kill him yourself just to be on the safe side. Rogue could do it, so could Forge, or Xavier (under the influence of Onslaught) and like at least three dozen other characters.
Superman

Post by Superman »

havokeff wrote:Nice
Looks like a decent storyline there... Fuck the X Men.

Being more of a DC fan, I've never cared for Marvel much, but I see Spiderman as one of their saving graces. He's a true super hero, and he operates by a true hero code. He's had some kick ass villains too.

When I was in junior high school, the X Fucks were at the peak of their comic popularity. I refused to join that band wagon. It was especially hard too because Byrne was busy alienating all the silver age fans from DC... Marvel was the biggest game in town by a long shot. Now I'm glad I stuck to my guns... Plus all the X Men fans were elitist asshole dorks who identified with the outcast mutants (I was a nerd too, but shit, those guys were like the fucking Simpsons comic guy, complete with bad attitude).
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

avatarxprime wrote:*Snip* Rogue could do it, so could Forge, or Xavier (under the influence of Onslaught) and like at least three dozen other characters.
The problem with Rouge is that the effects of her powers fade. Once a single cell got it's healing factor back his whole body would regenerate if I understand what his current upper limit is.

And as much as I dislike Wolverine wankness, I don't think that there are 36 other Marvel heroes or villains that can kill Wolverine on their own. I'm of course limiting my thinking to Earth bound beings. I'm sure Galactus and the like could do away with him with a thought.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Superman wrote:Reminds of the time Lames beat Lobo... I would fucking pay to see how that fight should have turned out. Lobo would have tied his dork hair style into pig tails while fucking him in the ass.
I didn't read that comic, but wasn't Lobo paid to throw the fight?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

havokeff wrote:I love that it only takes 3 pages for Spidey to kick the X-Mens's collective homo superior asses.
I've always liked it too, simply because I've never liked the X-men. It's nice to know how low end they are in the grand scheme of things; frankly, for Marvel super teams I always vastly preferred the Avengers.
What is Project Zohar?

Superman

Post by Superman »

Civil War Man wrote:
Superman wrote:Reminds of the time Lames beat Lobo... I would fucking pay to see how that fight should have turned out. Lobo would have tied his dork hair style into pig tails while fucking him in the ass.
I didn't read that comic, but wasn't Lobo paid to throw the fight?
That's how it was explained later. The reality is that the outcome of each crossover fight was determined by fanboy voting. Uggg...
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ford Prefect wrote: I've always liked it too, simply because I've never liked the X-men. It's nice to know how low end they are in the grand scheme of things; frankly, for Marvel super teams I always vastly preferred the Avengers.
That's the thing. For a long time they were very low end, except for Professor X and Phoenix, and Phoenix would conk out at inopportune times. As the X-Men's popularity grew the wank followed. Wolverine got the biggest bits of it but Colossus picked up a bunch too. The wank kind of spilled over into the spin-off X books as well. Every team had to have their combat monster character, their uber leader, and the person strong enough to at least piss off the Hulk. The original X-Force is excellent example of this. Not only did they have the combat monster (Shatterstar) they had their own Wolverine rip-off in Feral. Thunderbird II (Later Warpath) supposedly mutates further so he's about 5 or 6 times stronger than he was when he last appeared.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Post by OmegaGuy »

Well to be fair, it was stated that Spidey did so well due to a combination of the element of surprise and being in such a confined room. Professor X erased his memories immediately afterward.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

OmegaGuy wrote:Well to be fair, it was stated that Spidey did so well due to a combination of the element of surprise and being in such a confined room. Professor X erased his memories immediately afterward.
Plus, Spider-Man wasn't trying to duke it out -- he was trying to skedaddle with news of the X-Men's "betrayal". I can imagine him taking out a few of the X-Men, but he certainly couldn't take down Colossus, and would have a bit of a time with Rogue. They couldn't bring out their big gun, Storm, since, well, it happened indoors, and weather control doesn't help you much indoors.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:The miniseries is still unfinished. It was supposed to be five issues and it's been like a year since the second issue came out.
Yes, because Allan Heinberg is a f***** d*** (sorry; I'm still pissed at the debacle his 'writing priorities' caused for the Wonder Woman relaunch). Not that I actually care about this mini-series; I like Wolverine, but not enough to buy either title and certaintly not enough to see wank on this level.

Still, perhaps God may be the only one capable of killing him. That or an artist's eraser... :wink:
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

I think the reason he was so popular with kids is that you can grab six pencils and pretend to be wolverine. Kinda like a towel with superman.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

If I recall, he has battled the motherfucking Hulk a couple of times... to a stalemate. Give me a fucking break. Hulk is Marvel's powerhouse, on par with Thor or Gladiator, and he can't take down Lamerine.
Let's be fair here: Wolverine started as an adversary for the Hulk, not an X-Man. So it's not like this just came out of nowhere.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Anguirus wrote:

Let's be fair here: Wolverine started as an adversary for the Hulk, not an X-Man. So it's not like this just came out of nowhere.
I read somewhere... I'll see if I can find it... that they had every intention of having Wolverine be one of the X-Men and used the Hulk to try him out to see how people would respond.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

SCRawl wrote:
OmegaGuy wrote:Well to be fair, it was stated that Spidey did so well due to a combination of the element of surprise and being in such a confined room. Professor X erased his memories immediately afterward.
Plus, Spider-Man wasn't trying to duke it out -- he was trying to skedaddle with news of the X-Men's "betrayal". I can imagine him taking out a few of the X-Men, but he certainly couldn't take down Colossus, and would have a bit of a time with Rogue. They couldn't bring out their big gun, Storm, since, well, it happened indoors, and weather control doesn't help you much indoors.
Ok fine. Spidey outside against the same X-Men.

It took Xavier and entire conversation before he realized Spidey was even there. Seems like even his mind is elusive. So he could probably still sneak up on them. He takes out Professor X first, this time with a stronger hit to make sure he doesn't get up.

As we saw, Wolverine and Nightcrawler are useless. Even if Nightcrawler was fast enough to teleport to catch Spidey, his Spider-Sense would warn him. And so what if NC does catch him. Spidey can lift/press 10 tons. NC is out with one hit.

Rouge and Colossus could actually fight him, but lets see them catch him. He's not going to knock either one of them out with one hit like NC, but he has the stamina, endurance and speed to keep beating the crap out of them.

Rouge could try to steal his powers but again she would have to catch him and get to some exposed skin.

Storm. Yes she could bring the weather to bear on him, but it is also going to effect all the other X-Men as well, so it can't be anything catastrophic. Maybe some heavy wind to try to smash him into something, but again, with his reflexes, agility and speed, what gust of wind is going to knock him out of action? He'll just turn himself and land feet first. Lightning? Sure, if it wasn't for the Spidey sense. And although Storm is a very powerful mutant she doesn't control the lightning itself. Just causes it. Poor Colossus.

Cyclops? Well, if Spidey doesn't gop up his visor with webbing, which Rouge has a hard time breaking free of, then he can just snatch his visor and Cyclops will just have to keep his eyes shut. And again... how is he gonna hit him with his speed, agility, reflexes and Spidey-Sense? More then likely Spidey would just lead one of his blasts into Colossus, Rouge or Wolverine.

Putting Spider-Man outside against almost anybody is a win for Web Head.

Now later in Secret Wars when he is fighting Titania, and she is getting all frustrated because he is whipping her ass and she can't even get a shot in Spidey says... "With a little room to operate, no one can lay a glove one me-- Not the X-Men, not the Absorbing Man and not you!" Titania whines about it not being fair some more. Spidey retorts... "But, if we were fighting in a broom closet, that'd be fair, Right?" He then throws her through what looks to be a meter thick wall of concrete.

Spidey pins it. The key to beating him is to take away room, not give it to him like Storm stupidly thinks.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

SCRawl wrote:but he certainly couldn't take down Colossus.
Not in a straight fight, but Spidey was able to defeat The Juggernaut through quick thinking and good use of terrain; and this was before he was depowered to the point where he could push through evil Jean Grey's telekinesis and evil Cyclops' full power eye beams at the same time. Colossus might be beefy enough to take down Spiderman, but he'd have to catch him first.
What is Project Zohar?

Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

havokeff wrote:
avatarxprime wrote:*Snip* Rogue could do it, so could Forge, or Xavier (under the influence of Onslaught) and like at least three dozen other characters.
The problem with Rouge is that the effects of her powers fade. Once a single cell got it's healing factor back his whole body would regenerate if I understand what his current upper limit is.

And as much as I dislike Wolverine wankness, I don't think that there are 36 other Marvel heroes or villains that can kill Wolverine on their own. I'm of course limiting my thinking to Earth bound beings. I'm sure Galactus and the like could do away with him with a thought.
The point of mentioning Rogue or Forge is that once he lacks a healing factor you can kill him and make it permanent. Whatever mystical "fight in the afterlife" dealy is going on, it is dependent on his regeneration powers. Without his healing factor it doesn't matter if he wins in Limbo, his body won't be repairing itself.

There are multiple characters in the Marvel-verse, on Earth, who can drain powers away or negate them out right. All of these people have the potential to kill Wolverine. Then you add all the people who can either disintegrate him or transmute his physical form plus the various reality warpers and you see how the number of people who are capable of killing Wolverine increases. You just can't depend on the straight up damage dealers to kill him, you have to start grabbing the exotic superhumans to deal with him.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

havokeff wrote:Storm. Yes she could bring the weather to bear on him, but it is also going to effect all the other X-Men as well, so it can't be anything catastrophic. Maybe some heavy wind to try to smash him into something, but again, with his reflexes, agility and speed, what gust of wind is going to knock him out of action? He'll just turn himself and land feet first. Lightning? Sure, if it wasn't for the Spidey sense. And although Storm is a very powerful mutant she doesn't control the lightning itself. Just causes it. Poor Colossus.
Spiderman can dodge fucking lightning? :wanker: So how does he avoid creating sonic booms as he dodges shit?

How about Storm drops a fucking tornado on him? I don't give a shit how quick his reflexes are. Anything short of being able to dodge hypersonic rounds at point blank range will result in eating debris. Granted this'll screw the other X-Men. Or, maybe, she could just overheat Spidey. Local 150 degree weather. Or deprive Spiderman of precious air by reducing the atmospheric pressure immediately around him. Or nail him with 318 mph winds while he's in the air. Would he be able to avoid a broken ankle hitting the fairly unforgiving surface that is a skyscraper at such speeds? Keep in mind a much more sedate speed of 120 mph is sufficient to kill a person even when hitting relatively forgiving surfaces. He's by no means invulnerable. And a broken leg will make an impact on how much he takes note of his Spidey sense. Storm has been wanked out to an absolutely absurd level. Being able to dodge bullets (at range) is useless when you can't even get your feet to the ground. (This is all assuming none of the X-Men get pissed enough to shoot Spiderman at close range, which I can find no evidence of him ever dodging. Or Phoenix turning him to paste.)

Nightcrawler could bamf onto him while he's in the air. Even if his reflexes are good enough that doesn't help much. His web lacks sufficient speed to get him out of the way. At that point one quick bamf could leave Spiderman stuck in a wall courtesy Nightcrawler Transport. Any elbowing quick enough to get rid of NC in time would be lethal, most likely.

And nevermind using the jet to just blow the bastard up.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Napoleon the Clown wrote: Spiderman can dodge fucking lightning? :wanker: So how does he avoid creating sonic booms as he dodges shit?
Are you silly? Spiderman is essentially precognitive. He doesn't have to be able to move faster than a bullet, or lightning or even a laser, simply because if he knows where they'll be ahead of time, he can move out of the way before they're even fired. Fact of the matter is, his reflexes might actually be superhuman, but that pales in comparison to the fact that he can know things before they happen.
What is Project Zohar?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:
havokeff wrote:Storm. Yes she could bring the weather to bear on him, but it is also going to effect all the other X-Men as well, so it can't be anything catastrophic. Maybe some heavy wind to try to smash him into something, but again, with his reflexes, agility and speed, what gust of wind is going to knock him out of action? He'll just turn himself and land feet first. Lightning? Sure, if it wasn't for the Spidey sense. And although Storm is a very powerful mutant she doesn't control the lightning itself. Just causes it. Poor Colossus.
Spiderman can dodge fucking lightning? :wanker: So how does he avoid creating sonic booms as he dodges shit?

How about Storm drops a fucking tornado on him? I don't give a shit how quick his reflexes are. Anything short of being able to dodge hypersonic rounds at point blank range will result in eating debris. Granted this'll screw the other X-Men. Or, maybe, she could just overheat Spidey. Local 150 degree weather. Or deprive Spiderman of precious air by reducing the atmospheric pressure immediately around him. Or nail him with 318 mph winds while he's in the air. Would he be able to avoid a broken ankle hitting the fairly unforgiving surface that is a skyscraper at such speeds? Keep in mind a much more sedate speed of 120 mph is sufficient to kill a person even when hitting relatively forgiving surfaces. He's by no means invulnerable. And a broken leg will make an impact on how much he takes note of his Spidey sense. Storm has been wanked out to an absolutely absurd level. Being able to dodge bullets (at range) is useless when you can't even get your feet to the ground. (This is all assuming none of the X-Men get pissed enough to shoot Spiderman at close range, which I can find no evidence of him ever dodging. Or Phoenix turning him to paste.)

Nightcrawler could bamf onto him while he's in the air. Even if his reflexes are good enough that doesn't help much. His web lacks sufficient speed to get him out of the way. At that point one quick bamf could leave Spiderman stuck in a wall courtesy Nightcrawler Transport. Any elbowing quick enough to get rid of NC in time would be lethal, most likely.

And nevermind using the jet to just blow the bastard up.
Ford beat me to it, but are you fucking kidding? Have you ever read a Spider-Man comic??? Pay attention to the topic too. Phoenix was not present on the battleworld of Secret Wars.
And no, NC could not just "bamf" onto Spidey. Like Ford said he's practically precognitave, if not! The second NC touched him, EVEN if he got to him Spidey could break his fucking arms, legs and tail. Do you know how strong he is?

How about Storm drops a tornado on him? Does she keep them in her pocket? You don't think Spider-Man might notice the storm clouds gathering and maybe, I don't know... Get out of the fucking way?
And this whole attack is predicated on the fact that she wouldn't care about the other X-Men getting KILLED. Storm. The LEADER of the X-Men. Would kill Xavier, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Right.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)