Engineer Search

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Lets say Bevel Lemelisk dies in the midst of heading the Death Star Project. Who would the Empire hire to replace him.

Poll ended at 2002-09-02 10:43pm

Dexter
38%
Mandark
6%
Giordi LaForge
No votes
Mr Montgomery Scott(Scotty)
53%
Seven-Of-Nine
3%
Dr Rienhart from The Black Hole
No votes

Total votes: 34

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Engineer Search

Post by Isolder74 »

Lets say Bevel Lemelisk dies in the midst of heading the Death Star Project. Who would the Empire hire to replace him.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Vapthorne
Youngling

Post by Vapthorne »

No Mojo Jojo??
"Your superior intelligect is no match for our primitive weapons!" -Kaang

"So tiny, you can't tell it's a deus ex machina!" -The Particles of Star Trek
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

have dexter do it. tell him that einstien will meet him if he does a good job.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

What can I say...

Scotty can fix anything.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Isolder74

for all you Floridians

Post by Isolder74 »

if you cast a vote please post you comentary so we all know what you are thinking
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

It is true Scotty can fix anything. "Scotty they just fired a pair of proton torpedoes down the ventalation shft!" "Aye I can handle et!"

*Scotty erm.."fixes" the protorps and saves the DS, Thusly the Empire threafter conquers the Rebel Aliance, The End*
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yep Scotty is the man when engineering is concerned.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

But Dextor would probably throw in a free time Machine, Triple its top speed and let it fire the Superlaser every twenty seconds

Oh and besides the fact its impossible to kill Lemelisk when the Emperors around because he already has pre-built clones of him ready to go :D(Every time Bev screwed up the Emperor killed him in some amusing way then did Jedi Soul suck or somthing and put Bev in a clone of himself to keep working, And if he refuses? Well I got alot of clones, And alot of ideas on how to make your life suck :twisted: )

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Mr Bean wrote:But Dextor would probably throw in a free time Machine, Triple its top speed and let it fire the Superlaser every twenty seconds

Oh and besides the fact its impossible to kill Lemelisk when the Emperors around because he already has pre-built clones of him ready to go :D(Every time Bev screwed up the Emperor killed him in some amusing way then did Jedi Soul suck or somthing and put Bev in a clone of himself to keep working, And if he refuses? Well I got alot of clones, And alot of ideas on how to make your life suck :twisted: )
True but that takes all of the fun out of it
Romulan_nemesis
Youngling

Post by Romulan_nemesis »

When it comes to Engines, Scotty is the ultimate authority.
Hillary Clinton for President:
http://www.votehillary.org/

Bob Casey for U.S. Senate
http://www.bobcaseyforpa.com/
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Granted Scotty is incredible at fixing things, but has he ever demonstrated the capability to build anything?
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Poor Geordi note vote for him. I guess you don't want him making the Death Star even easier to blow up.

No votes for Dr Reinhart either. I guess you don't trust a guy who turns poeple into robots.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

You know I've been thinking. Dexter would find a way to build two Death stars for the same cost. "One for using and one to replace the original the Dee Dee will enevitably Break"
Now if Imperial Security can keep Dee Dee away from the Original then after the Original is destroyed there will still be a Death Star to the surprise the rebels with.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

You are missing two key names here....

Mojo Jojo, simply because he is Mojo Jojo...and is more evil then the emperor.

And then there is a 3rd "Death Star" that has been created by another person more evil then the Emperor....

DR. EVIL I mean heck...he got a DOCTERATE in Evil, can the Emperor say that...NO....so those are definately two choices that should be there.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I'd like to go with Dexter on this one, but Mandark actually BUILT a Death Star in the past (ever see the shot of his home before cutting to him?).
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Gotta go with Dexter yes he is a bit young but he can still do the job and distracting Dee Dee should be no problem let her see the pretty lights in a nebula sans spacesuit and ship
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

In the end Dextor is the best guy for the job though Dr Evil and his Docarate in Evil would make HIM the best Director for the Death Star(I can see Dr. Evil using the superlaser to light cigars or somthind :twisted:)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Mr Bean wrote:In the end Dextor is the best guy for the job though Dr Evil and his Docarate in Evil would make HIM the best Director for the Death Star(I can see Dr. Evil using the superlaser to light cigars or somthind :twisted:)
Some very good points.
Akm72
Padawan Learner

Post by Akm72 »

Howedar wrote:Granted Scotty is incredible at fixing things, but has he ever demonstrated the capability to build anything?
Well, Scotty rebuilt TOS Enterprise into the Constitution 2 Enterprise, using almost no componants from the original starship. does that count?
"Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it."
- Dan Barker
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

perhaps Dexter would even turn the Death Star into some type of transformer Giant Robot thing. Playing Billiards with planets--Red Dwarf--
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Akm72 wrote:
Howedar wrote:Granted Scotty is incredible at fixing things, but has he ever demonstrated the capability to build anything?
Well, Scotty rebuilt TOS Enterprise into the Constitution 2 Enterprise, using almost no componants from the original starship. does that count?

It might
Austin Lange
Redshirt

Post by Austin Lange »

Lets see:

Dexter
Anything he builds, Dee Dee wrecks. Exercise in futility to employ him. He's out

Mandark
I have no idea what this is, but it sounds like what the Deliverance Banjo Boy would name his dog, so he/she/it's out.

Giordi LaForge
He succeeded in turning the post of Chief Engineer of the Enterprise from a hard drinking plain speaking miracle working ass kicking job into the type of job only desired by people who spend most of their time in High School either prepping for Trivia Matches or getting swirlies at the hands of the jocks.

And his name sounds French. He's out.

Seven-Of-Nine
Honestly, will ANY work get done at ALL with her around? She's out.

Replaces Stormtrooper hands with eggbeaters before deliberately flying his ship INTO a black hole. No thanks.

There is no substitute.

Austin
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Austin Lange wrote:Lets see:

Mandark
I have no idea what this is, but it sounds like what the Deliverance Banjo Boy would name his dog, so he/she/it's out.

He's Dexter's rival

Seven-Of-Nine

True

Replaces Stormtrooper hands with eggbeaters before deliberately flying his ship INTO a black hole. No thanks.

good point

There is no substitute.

Austin
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Mandark is Dexter's rival. Strangely enough, he's in love with Dee Dee.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Isolder74 wrote:
Austin Lange wrote:Lets see:
Seven-Of-Nine

True
Oh, work will get done. :wink:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."